365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire? Come join the movement!

+2
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
6 posters

Go down

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Empty Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire? Come join the movement!

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:17 pm

A ranting from a non-minimalist runner: This post is strictly for humor only. All names, websites, promises, and
words are strictly fictional and to not be used without the permission
of the author.

I don't know about you but everywhere I go it's barefoot this, minimalist that, heel toe drop this and heel toe drop that? Retail running stores are starting to carry more of these type of shoes then regular running shoes. Seriously! On line companies are pushing this minimalist craze along with running magazines and bloggers a like. It'staking over the world!

As a runner who runs with custom orthodics minimalist running shoes justdoes not work for me and now what I am witnessing is these shoes are impeding on the manufacturing of regular running shoes. Am I being forced to run in these minimalist type of shoes? I mean last night I was considering buying pair and NOT using my orthodics just to get used to them just in case I the world is covered in minimalist shoes. Is there some subliminal message in these ads causing me to turn to minimalist running. Are they secretly drugging me? I am scared! affraid

I have never had issues with buying shoes and the past year has been onefailure after another trying to buy new shoes. Either the manufacture discontinues the shoe or ruins the updates of the shoe. As more and more minimalist shoes becomes manufactured I am concerned less and less reg shoes will be produced. Are we up shits creek with a minimalist
shoe?

Cut me a break I run in 7.0 oz shoes and they are not called minimal now they are coming out with 10oz shoes called minimal. I mean seriously can something at 10.0z really be minimal. It's like wearing and overcoat and calling a light jacket. ANything to get the word minimal in the shoe seems to be the goal of this manufacturers.

So, my question to you is who is on the bandwagon and who is never getting on
?. I mean next thing you know we will be running our races naked, with no watch, or suntan lotion.

PS: If you would like to support my MABFMR (Movement Against Barefoot Minimalist Running) go to www.MABFMR.com and donate $5.00 and receive a
signed picture of the minimalist shoe tree fire Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! 235134252 . see below.

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Shoe_t11

This post is strictly for humor only. All names, websites, promises, and
words are strictly fictional and to not be used without the permission
of the author.

Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Empty Re: Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire? Come join the movement!

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:03 pm

HAHAHAHA...I, for one, am not into the whole "minimalistic movement"...I am happy with my shoes having cushioning in them. Your fictional story may have some truth behind it. A lot of shoe manufactures are jumping on the bandwagon. Does this mean that non-minimalistic shoes will be affected? That I am not sure of...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Empty Re: Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire? Come join the movement!

Post  Schuey Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:31 pm

Well I'm pretty sure you won't catch me buying a pair the whatever they are called five-finger things. I'm not into that, I don't mind going out to the beach or running across nice soft grass in my bare feet from time to time. But running on the roads that way, NOT going to happen.

Now I have to admit that I am inserted in some of the lower heel to toe drop shoes. For example I was just shopping for some trail shoes since I'm getting more into trail running and racing. Now I don't mind some of the bigger bulky trail shoes to train on some of my runs but I must also add that when it comes to racing I still want something lite on my feet. So for an example the 2 first trail shoes I bought were:

Saucony Peregrine weight 9.7oz heel to toe drop of 3-4. Now this shoe is still on the little of the heavy side for me but I had to take into account that part of the AT trail I will be running on is very technical which might require me to use a shoe like this to handle the rocky terrain.

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Peregrine

Montrail Rogue Race: This shoe is more like a lot of my other shoes with a 9-10 heel to toe drop and the weight of the shoe is 8.0oz which for me is much more doable as for in the weight department. The only question here is I will have to test it on some trails to see if it would be able to handle rocky terrain. I did watch a video of the shoe perfuming well on rocky terrain. So it just might work.

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Rogueh

As for my road shoes I guess from time to time I will wear different shoes with different heel to toe drops, like the Lunar Racer that is 5-6. But like I said above I don't think I will ever buy into the whole barefoot running thing in the five-fingers or actual barefoot on pavement. In my opinion it is not for me but I do like the idea of the lower heel to toe drop.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  GregC Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:37 pm

I ain't donating 5 bucks, but I'm with you in spirit Kenny.
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:06 pm

GregC wrote:I ain't donating 5 bucks, but I'm with you in spirit Kenny.

LOL I hope your not because I certainly would not be getting it!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:41 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
GregC wrote:I ain't donating 5 bucks, but I'm with you in spirit Kenny.

LOL I hope your not because I certainly would not be getting it!

Dang...then who did I just send my money to???Question Question Question Question
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:50 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Dang...then who did I just send my money to???Question Question Question Question

Sketchers.

Minimlist Shoe Tree Fire?  Come join the movement! Skeche10
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:52 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Dang...then who did I just send my money to???Question Question Question Question

Sketchers.

I wonder if that is Meb's new race shoe?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Schuey wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Sketchers.

I wonder if that is Meb's new race shoe?

Maybe he wants to tone his legs while he races...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Ruggiero Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:16 pm

If you can't beat 'em......burn 'em?

Very Happy
Neil Ruggiero
Neil Ruggiero
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down