365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shoe life

4 posters

Go down

Shoe life Empty Shoe life

Post  nkrichards Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:05 pm

They quit making my favorite shoe...Brooks Infiniti 2...a couple years ago. I'm running in Brooks Ravenna 3 but I prefer the Infiniti. I bought a couple pair when I realized they were going to quit making them. I still have one new pair in the closet. I was saving it for my next marathon attempt.
My question is...should I save them for my next marathon or go ahead use them now? Will the cushioning deteriorate sitting in the closet making them a poor choice for the marathon?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Shoe life Empty Re: Shoe life

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:11 am

I asked a Brooks rep a similar question about the couple of pairs of the Launch that I bought, and he seemed to think that there would really be no issues. However, he also said to check them often to make sure the midsole felt the same.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:22 am

Yeah, I seem to remember a study someone did on this very topic that basically said the same. As long as you keep them in relatively constant temperatures with no wild swings up to really high temps, they should be fine for a very long time. Maybe not 10 years, but 2-3 should be safe.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:25 am

I got 4 pairs of original Nike Lunar Glides when they changed the design to something that I didn't like. Over two years later, I am starting in on my last pair and they seem absolutely fine. Fortunately I also found a new shoe that works for me during that time! Of course knowing my luck, they will probably redesign it.....
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Mar 23, 2013 9:27 am

Thanks all...I'll save the shoes till a few weeks before the marathon and see how they feel.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down