365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Laugh at the Rules

+34
Jeff F
Nick Morris
Dave P
Glenn
JohnP
Paula Sue
Michael Enright
Joel H
Penelope
jon c
Jim Lentz
Michele "1L" Keane
Alex Kubacki
mul21
Julie
ChasMcG
Mrs. Schuey
Tom H
KathyK
John Kilpatrick
Michael Mitchell
Ken Mello
Seth Harrison
Tea from RonItch
Chris M
Natalie
dot520
Schuey
Kenny B.
Matt W
Pete B
charles
Jerry
Peg Coover
38 posters

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next

Go down

Laugh at the Rules - Page 12 Empty Re: Laugh at the Rules

Post  Peg Coover Sat Sep 17, 2011 7:16 am

jon c wrote:After running TCM in 2007 I would agree that the uphill comes at a tough time around 20. I felt so bad after that race. That was my first one since the 1980s. I've come a long way since then. I did enjoy the course though.

Sounds like your running is going well Peg. It is indeed a lot cooler around here all of a sudden. Hope that your taper goes well also!

Thanks Jon. I loved the race in 2007, despite the heat. I had a great time. It was tough, but I finished feeling way better than marathon #1 in Phoenix. Better trained and lighter. in 2009, I hit a nice PR and while the last 6 with hills was tough, I again was in better shape the 4th time around. If I recall, first half was 2:21 and I finished in 4:45.

(Unlike Vegas last year, with a 2:17 half and a 4:58 finish. Twisted Evil)
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:01 pm

Just a quick weekend recap:

Ran a 5 K Saturday. 49 degrees but a pretty stiff wind which we had to run into the last 3/4 mile or so. Also, some hills and it was partially on sandy country roads. I really tried for a good time, hoping for a PR but at least a course PR and my best 5K time for this year but it didn't happen. In fact, I ran almost exactly the same time as my June 5K! I got a 26:05. There weren't many people running today--must have been other things going on. I was first in age group (only two!) and second woman overall. The winner ran 23:xx. Not a very competitive event today, except for competing with myself!

I had a side stitch the last half mile that is still tender today! And later I noticed my right upper hammie was a little sore too, and it hasn't been since February.

Today I did my 12 and it rained on me for 7. At least it wasn't cold and it was actually decent weather. I was super slow though, because the side hurt and it took me a couple miles to quit feeling the hammie. Side is still tender! I wore my newest shoes and while they felt great the whole time (yay!), I was mad they got wet because my other shoes stink so bad from having gotten wet two weekends in a row. I wish I would've worn those and at least cleaned them off (my 20 mile last week got them really dusty again) in the rain and saved my new ones from the wetness.

Had a great time with family this weekend though. Ethan was so much fun. He even laid down with me and took a nap on Saturday. He was cute!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:24 am

Glad to see you had fun with the grandkid! Sorry the 5K wasn't ideal but you did it anyway.

Looks like this week should be decent weatherwise. The cooler temps are much easier to run in than the humid summer we had.

Not that it matters a lot but after rereading what I posted in regard to TCM, I actually ran it in 2005 not 2007. Old age must be catching up to me.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Sep 20, 2011 9:26 am

Do you ever crumple up newspaper in your shoes when they're wet? It absorbs the moisture and then they're dry the next day for your run. Nice job on the 5K, sorry about the side stitch, though.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:18 pm

I stuff a small towel in each shoe for a day...that helps. But I think my new ones are gonna be stinky....sigh.

4 miles tonight.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:29 am

Peg just chaulk that race up to one of those days. You're almost there now for the biggie. You'll do great.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Sep 21, 2011 7:46 pm

Thanks Alex!

4 miles tonight in the wind. I will do my 6 tomorrow as it's supposed to be nicer. Temps were okay. I didn't time it but decided to time the last mile and see if I could "feel" MP without my Garmin. I was close--a little fast but the wind was at my back. 10:09 instead of 10:19.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Thu Sep 22, 2011 1:43 pm

Your training is looking great, Peg!
What's your goal for this marathon?
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:24 pm

Kathleen, my goal is the same as last year's: 4:30. Of course, C goal is a PR, sub 4:45. B goal is 4:35. A goal is 4:30....same as last year and even the year before the same A and B goal!!

It's just Jim and me going this time so no friends/ friends of friends/ or Vegas distractions! That has to account for at least 15 minutes off last year!! haha.

Feeling good. Wished I would have lost this belly fat but I did lose a few pounds somewhere! My last long run sucked but my others were decent. I've also done those races which may have slowed me down on some of my final runs.

6 tonight. Felt good, one mile I decided to time (no garmin) and I nailed the pace at 10:20! I'm feeling the MP!

4 Sat and 8 Sun!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Catching up - that was a decent race last weekend. I think it's good to enter when you can and that turned out OK.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:31 am

What's your weight difference between last year and this year? I know you've lost weight, but don't remember where you were last year.

So the weight loss along with no additional distractions along with 'feeling the pace' all sound like a perfect recipe for success!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Sep 23, 2011 12:15 pm

Peg, you're looking ready to race.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:56 pm

KathyK wrote:What's your weight difference between last year and this year? I know you've lost weight, but don't remember where you were last year.

So the weight loss along with no additional distractions along with 'feeling the pace' all sound like a perfect recipe for success!

Thanks Jim!! I hope so~

Kathleen, my weight is about the same...I had gained over the winter and it took me 3 weight loss cycles to get it back down!! Maybe one pound...I'm as low as I've been since being on the blogs Smile I hope you are right, it does sound promising!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:20 pm

4 easy miles in the dark this morning. It was a little cool--sliver of a waning crescent moon, Orion and a million other stars, and a planet that must be either Jupiter or Saturn all sparkled in the sky!

I drove support car for a 60 mile bike ride that Jim and our friends did so I got my run done early since I woke up early.

Tomorrow is 8. Last significant run before #6!

GO BIG RED!!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:23 pm

8 miles today. Super easy! I timed it but didn't pay much attention except for the mile 0.5 to 1.5 (a 10:06) and the same mile coming back mile 6.5 to 7.5 (a 10:06). Both times I was relaxed and was hoping for MP (10:19). Oh well. Such a beauty day--wished I could have been doing 12 or so!

Micki and Ethan dropped by and that was fun! He can say "Bye" now! Too cute!

Then I watched "Spirit of the Marathon"! I think this is the 4th time now but I love it! I still tear up watching them finish and seeing the emotions on their faces! From first timer, to elite....the marathon is a unique athletic endeavor!

ONE MORE WEEK!!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:21 am

The weather has been awesome for running. Makes it hard for me to force days off. You will do well in Twin Cities, I hope the weather is nice and cool for you.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:37 am

I always watch Spirit of the Marathon before a race...it's a ritual for me. I always tear up, too.

Enjoy these final few days of taper!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:21 am

Hope the final week goes well. You have put a lot of effort into your training this cycle and here's thinking it will pay off next weekend!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:33 am

Looking good Peg! It is nice to thow down that last 8 miler and feel like there's plenty in the tank. Rest, some carbs and a couple more easy runs, and you're there!
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:02 pm

Peg have a great week that leads into a a great race.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Sep 26, 2011 8:51 pm

Thanks y'all! Wow, the weather was amazing tonight! I had a rest day....would've been a perfect day to run!

6 more days. Weather looks promising!!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:03 pm

[img]Laugh at the Rules - Page 12 Screen13[/img]

The 17 weeks of training so far (starting with #23). two more runs....a 4 and a 3! Twin Cities here I come!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Mon Sep 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Well by looking at that chart Peg great looking training cycle and I hope that it all comes together for you in the TC. Best of luck to you and go kick some ass!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:26 pm

Thanks Martin! I hope so!

4 miles tonight. Pretty easy pace--it was warm out! Loved it! About 80 degrees! I could take this for fall for awhile!

Weather is looking to be about perfect in my opinion. 70 high, 50 low. Not too cold. Not too warm! And sunny! Now I have to start figuring out my outfit!

I started a list, and tonight I charged my camera battery and the Garmin. I'm hoping Jim will get some pictures of some of the sights this time! I really want a pic of the Cathedral and the finish line with the huge American flag. He's going to tool around on his bike this time since my sister isn't going to follow along too. He did that at San Antonio a couple years ago and had a blast.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:45 pm

The weather sounds perfect! You've had an excellent training cycle...just one important detail left
The outfit....what are the options?
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 21 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next