365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Term Limits?

+3
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
ounce
7 posters

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next

Go down

Term Limits? - Page 15 Empty Re: Term Limits?

Post  ounce Sat Apr 10, 2021 9:38 pm

(Bench press, not dead lift)
I'm in the middle of acclimating to the heat.  Or at least I hope I am in the middle of it.

I'll keep piddling along.

As far as weights, I'm not an over achiever, but I do enjoy it.  I asked the doc on Friday about any danger or problem of me continuing to lift weights, as I get older.  "No," she said.

I weighed 235 in clothes.  Guess I've lost that 15 pounds that I gained earlier.

The weights teacher that I follow on YouTube is really informative regarding the hows and whys of lifting weights.  He's pretty ripped, which doesn't mean much to me, but when it comes to being the living human anatomy person, he can use markers and draw on a muscle and you can see the direction the muscle fibers go.

He always says to work a muscle in the direction the fibers run.  The 3 pectoral muscles go in different directions, so he shows which way to work them.  So, Nancy, keep that in mind.

I had a visual version of objective evidence, this past week, regarding the pectoral muscle.

We, or at least I, have sagging areas.  A couple of years ago, I noticed an asymmetrical mole about 2 fingers below the left nipple, after a shower.  Couldn't see it, without a towel lifting the moob. 

Having worked the 3 pectoral muscles since September, I now can see that asymmetrical mole in the mirror without assistance.  I otherwise couldn't have seen any visual evidence that the pectoral muscles were growing.  That happened this past week.  I was like, "whoa."

On another front, I settled on a fudge recipe last Fall
And it's good.  From time to time,  I send a batch to Reina because she has a good palate for chocolate.  She thought it was absolutely fantastic and she's had a few of my attempts, like y'all had 2 batches. 

For her birfday in February, I sent her 3 batches.  Same formula, just presented differently.  Squares, like y'all got.  A fudge log, where she could cut off a hunk.  And, lastly, where I would roll them into little balls (the Lucy and Ethel conveyor belt episode).  She loved the 'truffles,' as she called them.

"You're calling those balls, truffles?"  I asked.  She said, "that's what they look like to me."

So now, I make fudge truffles.  Not fudge balls.  Fudge truffles.  Lol.

Y'all behave.  Weights in the morning.  Thanks.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sun Apr 11, 2021 9:56 am

Nice job on the weight loss and the muscle definition.  Always encouraging to see evidence of progress made!

I noticed on Strava that you've been struggling on your runs.  Keep at it...the acclimation will come with time...and anything done is better than sitting on the couch.  Even a walk is helpful.  It's nice that you've found the gym and that you enjoy the weights.  It gives you something to do that you enjoy when the weather isn't very nice for running.

Hope you had a great weekend...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Apr 11, 2021 8:35 pm

I am a notoriously private person, but I also realize the heart attack has created a need for information about my goings on.  So even though I am swamped, the need remains.  Which makes Strava useful, because I don't have to post to make you comfortable, but at least confirm that I am alive.  I don't understand the concern, but I have scratched the itch.

I'm far from giving up on running, but I am not lost on the constant and consistent improvement in lifting weights.  When I started this 3 year journey to do 1 pull-up, if I was consistent and persistent, I would be successful.

However, I've come to find out that if I want to be successful, I'll have to lose a LOT of weight, so my my biceps won't have to be able to lift 235 lbs.  I can't even imagine a bicep's size capable of lifting 120 lbs.  That's 4 times what I work out with, today.  But I'll soldier on.

-30-

This morning, there were maybe 6 cars in the parking lot at 6 a.m.  So, I set up the machines where I could do 9 different routines.  I don't monopolize 4 different machines to do 9 different exercises.  Today I did and it saved me about 10 minutes.  It also tired me quicker because I pre-weighted the machines.

I also hit the  AB ROLLER, too.  I do it once a week, which seems to be better.  Doing better, but not able to really stretch, yet.  

In May, my weekends won't be mine for a few months, but it's not work related.

I will lace up my shoes for in the morning.  No telling what will happen.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Apr 12, 2021 12:07 pm

Happy Birthday, Doug!   Hope that it is a good day.  
Keep posting.   I read to catch up at least 2x per week.

Oh and while I cannot bench press much, I can deadlift 95 lbs. - and do 10 reps, 3x (with a break of course).

Btw, loved the run cadence chart you posted - I need to lift that data as it is wild that I can run at that cadence but I don't bike there consistently (yet)
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Apr 12, 2021 7:08 pm

Happy Birthday Doug!!

Looks like your birthday run went well!

I apologize if I appeared to be prying...I do get concerned when I don't see any activity for a few days but I also understand how you feel.  I'll try and be more respectful of your privacy.  But I'll still keep an eye on your Stava activities.   Razz

Hope you enjoyed your Birthday.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Apr 13, 2021 4:02 pm

Birthday? It was his birthday? Welp, hope it was a good one.

Thanks for checking back in, and sorry life is so hectic now. Nancy wasn't the only one worried. Just shoot up a flare every once in a while.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Apr 15, 2021 6:49 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
Happy Birthday, Doug!   Hope that it is a good day.  
Keep posting.   I read to catch up at least 2x per week.

Oh and while I cannot bench press much, I can deadlift 95 lbs. - and do 10 reps, 3x (with a break of course).

Btw, loved the run cadence chart you posted - I need to lift that data as it is wild that I can run at that cadence but I don't bike there consistently (yet)
Thanks, Miche1e.  The cadence chart is an accurate representation of how difficult my runs are.  Looks like me running off a pier into the water, when the cadence degrades.

As far as your bike cadence, stay at it, young one.  You'll get there.
nkrichards wrote:Happy Birthday Doug!!

Looks like your birthday run went well!

I apologize if I appeared to be prying...I do get concerned when I don't see any activity for a few days but I also understand how you feel.  I'll try and be more respectful of your privacy.  But I'll still keep an eye on your Stava activities.   Razz

Hope you enjoyed your Birthday.
Thank you, Nancy.  Yeah, I changed my goal from maybe 3, to a goal of only 2.  My schedule is loosening up some, so I should be able to post a little more, like now.  I know you're curious for a couple of reasons, but I'm not understanding the curiosity.  That little pre-election thread we had going was about as open as I want to get.  

At the height of my busyness, it took me quite a while to think to upload the run.  It should be better, as evidenced by my last run.
Mark B wrote:Birthday? It was his birthday? Welp, hope it was a good one.

Thanks for checking back in, and sorry life is so hectic now. Nancy wasn't the only one worried. Just shoot up a flare every once in a while.
64 years old is not the last year of recorded life, unless you're Jack Benny.  His was much earlier than 64.  But I think that I'm in a good place of existence at this time in my life.  This week, I decided to keep and repair my '05 Malibu, rather than buying something, because it's been a solid car that needs about $4K of work done on it.  It has multiple oil leaks, but no blue smoke out the tailpipe.  180K miles.  If it lasts to the end of the year, then it has been money well spent because a car payment lasts longer than 9 months.  AND listening to the mechanic person on PBS' Motor Week show on Sundays, today's cars have much, much more electrical wiring issues because they're so computerized, which costs out the wazoo to repair.

I had even thought of purchasing a 70s model year car that I could actually work on, like I used to.  And I can still do that, but probably not.  The service writer at the Chevy dealership, who was probably below 35 years old, actually told me while looking at my car, "They don't make 'em like that anymore."  I was thinking, 'it's a CHEVY, not a Ferrari.'

Thank y'all.  I think I'll be posting a bit more.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:23 pm

No matter how busy I got, I managed to run and lift weights.  It's my physical escape.  I have a mental escape, as well, which drives the day of work and exercise.  I was fortunate to have a freezer full of meats because I couldn't even find 30 minutes to go grocery shopping.

So, this week, I ran 2 miles on Monday and 3 miles on Wednesday.  My splits have breached the 15 min/mile hole and I am working on digging myself out of that hole.  Wednesday, I just pushed myself after seeing a 15 minute, mile 1 split.  Just a change in attitude.  And I think I maintained the cadence.  I slowed the cadence, too, on Monday from 157 to 154.  That always seems to get things going.

As far as weights, I lifted on Sunday (already reported), Tuesday and today.  I learned a new way to work the rear deltoid muscle and was told that after doing the routine, my shoulder would be sore.  Yes, it was.  I even couldn't do another specific weight routine because of an impingement in the shoulder joint.  A tendon was being impinged against the bone.  No big deal.  Will let it rest and see what I can do on Sunday.  It's not the first time that's been impinged.  It's an old softball injury from the early 80s.

Sorry, Nancy, curiosity got the best of me again, today.  I set up the vertical bench press for 72.5 pounds on each the right and left side of the machine for an attempt at 145.  I still workout with 110 lbs.  I lifted 145 pounds, one time.  Might could've done two, but that's it.  So, if logic of working out at 110 gets me a 1 rep max of 145, then I'll need to get up to 125 to be able to bench press Mark.

Tomorrow, I will run probably 3 miles.  Thanks for stopping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:08 am

64 degrees with a nice east breeze.  I headed off for 3 miles, but I had some whining in the left side of the left thigh.  So, I turned around at the 1 mile mark to head home.  At around 1.6 miles, the tightness abated and I headed off to run 3 miles and completed the 3 miles.  The time was 9 seconds slower than Wednesday's 3 miles.  Cadence set for 154.

3 miles, 44:23, 14:46 pace, 121 avg HR, 130 max HR
1.  14:50, 115 bpm, 154 spm, 70 sl
2.  14:52, 123 bpm, 154 spm, 71 sl
3.  14:34, 125 bpm, 155 spm, 72 sl

It would seem from the cadence consistency that I can bump up the cadence 1 or 2 steps.  That'll help the times.  Next week's weather is supposed to be in the 70s, down about 10 degrees from this week and last.

Last night, due to trying to head off some trouble in my right shoulder and an phantom left knee pain, I took 1 Meloxicam as my go to prescription analgesic that seems to help in these matters.  It did.

I will go lift weights either on Saturday or Sunday, then running on Monday.  Y'all have a good weekend.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:42 pm

As it turned out, Saturdays work better for sleeping in than Sundays.  Must be because of running on Friday and getting the rest of not waking at 4:30.

This morning, I went to lift weights.  Everything went well, but I ran out of time and didn't get to my on the floor leg lifts.  I was pleased my right deltoid muscles were purring like a kitten before, during, and after the routine of the lat row, which I tweaked with a longer bar so it could work the rear deltoid muscle, as well.

No pains, no muss, no fuss. 

Starting in May, I'll only be running or working out M-F.  Thinking about alternating running and lifting e.g. running 3 days and lift 2 days one week, then running 2 days and lifting 3 days the next week.  Might could do a double one day a week.

Tomorrow, I'll be running longer with the benefit of low 50's.  Seasonal high, this time of year is 80 degrees.  Thanks for dropping by.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:22 am

It was 53 degrees and calm winds, this morning, and turned out to be a really good morning to run.  I headed out with the idea of 5 or 6 miles.  This would be quite a feat at 73 degrees, I think.  Yet achievable at 53 degrees, as long as there wasn't any to little whining.

I did complete 6 miles at about a 14:36 pace, which was about 10 seconds per mile quicker than last week's 3 miler at 64 degrees.

The last couple of miles, I was stridering longer, but I don't have the data uploaded from the Garmin yet.  If I get the chance, I'll post the splits.

But it was a good run.  Avg HR was 123 bpm.  Cadence set at 154.

6 miles, 1:28:24, 14:44 pace, 123 avg bpm, 134 max bpm, 155 avg cadence, 0.72 m avg stride length
1.  15:04, 119 bpm, 155 spm, 72 sl
2.  14:47, 124 bpm, 155 spm, 71 sl
3.  14:50, 123 bpm, 155 spm, 70 sl
4.  14:57, 122 bpm, 155 spm, 69 sl
5.  14:23, 125 bpm, 155 spm, 72 sl
6.  14:15, 127 bpm, 154 spm, 74 sl

HR zones
zone 3 (126-134)  27:46
zone 2 (108-125)  58:53

No soreness or anything, this afternoon.  Cadence chart shows zero time in the water.  If this was somebody else's splits and cadence chart and if I knew the 3 mile run was like this, just half as long, I would tell the person, "You just need to go faster.  You're not challenging yourself.  You may have concerns, but your running shouldn't be one of them.  Now, get your butt out there and RUN, before I fly down there and kick your ass."  Something like that.

Twice I have tried to copy the cadence chart.  Suffice it to say that there was zero green time.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Apr 20, 2021 8:36 am

Headed off to the gym, this morning.  Had to compress the workout time a bit, so I could start work a bit earlier.

I increased the weight on two routines and decreased (more muscle dependent) the counter-balance weight on the pullup machine.  I don't do that machine much, but I think that'll change when I saw that doing pullups (my 3 year goal, now about 15 months into it) is the best way to increase biceps.  And since I want to do 1 unassisted pullup at the end of the 3 years, might as well do pullups, too.  I'm finding there is a direct relationship between bicep strength and the difference between body weight and the counter-balance.  Maybe, if I do more pullups, that will change some.

Time will tell.  Ask me in 6 months.

Thanks.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:12 am

Sorry, Nancy, curiosity got the best of me again, today.  I set up the vertical bench press for 72.5 pounds on each the right and left side of the machine for an attempt at 145.  I still workout with 110 lbs.  I lifted 145 pounds, one time.  Might could've done two, but that's it.  So, if logic of working out at 110 gets me a 1 rep max of 145, then I'll need to get up to 125 to be able to bench press Mark.

Nice!  I'm impressed.  I haven't done my part...still weight in at +-147.

Solid improvement on both your running and your weights the past few days!  Nice job.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Apr 22, 2021 6:10 pm

If you REALLY wanted to challenge yourself, you could try to bench press my weight. But let's see if I can shave some weight off first, so you don't give yourself a hernia. 

affraid

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Apr 22, 2021 7:04 pm

Mark B wrote:If you REALLY wanted to challenge yourself, you could try to bench press my weight. But let's see if I can shave some weight off first, so you don't give yourself a hernia. 

affraid
Laughing
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:09 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:If you REALLY wanted to challenge yourself, you could try to bench press my weight. But let's see if I can shave some weight off first, so you don't give yourself a hernia. 

affraid
Laughing
Oh, I already mentioned that, Mark.  But I'd have to regularly workout at Nancy's weight, before I can attempt your weight.  And since I increase in increments of 5 lbs and stay there for 5-7 weeks, it may be Christmas before I could lift you.  A hernia is remote, but a bruised or strained pec might be something.

-30-

Wednesday, I ran 3 miles and it was 50 degrees with a 10 mph breeze.  Really nice conditions.  I took my advice and ran faster, but increased the cadence 1 to 155.  I wanted to have a marginal cadence increase, since I was also running faster.

3 miles, 41:21, 13:46 pace, 124 avg bpm, 131 max bpm, 156 avg cadence, 0.75 m avg stride length
1.  14:02, 118 bpm, 155 spm, 75 sl
2.  13:34, 128 bpm, 156 spm, 76 sl
3.  13:38, 127 bpm, 156 spm, 75 sl

HR zones
Zone 3 (126-131) 26:02
Zone 2 (108-125) 13:31

Well, by looking at the cadence, I can tell that I never fell off the pier and the chart shows that, but I can't copy it into this post.  Clearly, I can bump my cadence to 156.  I did feel a bit of bleeding time, but was surprised it was only 4 seconds.  Heart wasn't pushed as it barely broke to 131 bpm.  Legs were fine.  Breathing was a bit off, then it settled down.  Considering the pace, the breathing was really better than I expected.

Tomorrow, it'll be about 68 degrees when I will run.  Thinking about doing 4 miles at the new effort.  4 miles?  68 degrees?   StirPot

-30-

This morning, I lifted weights.  Went well.  I bumped up the bicep dumbbell by 5 pounds (smallest increment).  Upon review of a video on working the rear deltoid using a Lat row machine
Term Limits? - Page 15 9k=The lat row machine usually works just the lat and trap muscles.  BUT when you replace the handle this guy is using with a long, bent bar (see bar below) usually attached to a lat pull down machine, the combined bent bar on a lat row machine causes the rear deltoid to be worked along with the lat and trap muscles because you are pulling it further back.
Term Limits? - Page 15 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSz6p3b3dtt1zQpLPI73dojNUsD5zXuRxRd4g&usqp=CAU

And alllll of this started 15 or so months ago with the desire to do a pull up.  I hope I can keep doing this and running.

Oh, got an email from the Houston Marathon.  As of now, no virtual race next January.  Guess that I'll have to run the whole damn thing.   Sweaty
Thanks for stopping by and please help yourself to a Tootsie Roll Pop.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Apr 23, 2021 7:14 pm

It was 66 degrees, this morning, with a slight, but noticeable breeze.  I bumped up the cadence to 156.  Looking to run 4 and faster, like Wednesday's run.  Both watches worked well.

4 miles, 55:57, 13:59 pace, 137 avg bpm, 159 max bpm, 157 avg cadence, 0.75 m avg stride length
1.  14:25, 128 bpm, 157 spm, 72 sl
2.  13:52, 127 bpm, 157 spm, 75 sl
3.  14:10, 148 bpm, 157 spm, 74 sl
4.  13:24, 137 bpm, 156 spm, 76 sl

HR zones
Zone 4 (144-159) 16:56
Zone 3 (126-143) 30:49
Zone 2 (108-125)   6:49

I don't believe the watch's depiction of the HR for the first 15 minutes of going into Zone 4.  And I do not tend to believe the HR graph from 20 minutes to 35 or so minutes into the run.  But as evidenced by mile 4's split...my fastest split where the HR was only 137?  That decline in HR sort of smells like inaccuracy.  I could see some 140's, but not 150's.  I had zero pain and I did walk 6 minutes before the start of the run.  140's during miles 3 and 4 is reasonable.  Yet, Wednesday's 3 miles was faster at a lower HR.

But what is it, right now, about setting the cadence at 156 and run 3 out of 4 miles at 157?  My breathing was mostly fine, but it wasn't 'conversational' breathing.  I don't run much conversationally anyhow.

Through it all since this morning, I'm not hurting at all.  Maybe run yet faster?  It's worth considering.  Maybe bump the cadence again?  Yup.
Run on Monday?  Yup, long run, to boot.

Have a good weekend?  Well, thanks!  Y'all too.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:57 pm

Looks like you put together a couple nice runs the last day or two!  

Keep up the good work.  Wink
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:04 pm

nkrichards wrote:Looks like you put together a couple nice runs the last day or two!  

Thanks, Nancy.  Yes, but it required more effort, too.  Yet, one would hope and expect that trying harder would show a better result.

-30-

Usually on a Saturday, I would sleep in and lift on Sunday.  I woke up earlier and, well, just got dressed and went to lift weights.  I did well.  About to increase the weight on a couple of routines...probably the first week in May.

Body weight is coming down some, too.  So, sleep in on Sunday, now.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:18 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:Looks like you put together a couple nice runs the last day or two!  

Thanks, Nancy.  Yes, but it required more effort, too.  Yet, one would hope and expect that trying harder would show a better result.

-30-

Usually on a Saturday, I would sleep in and lift on Sunday.  I woke up earlier and, well, just got dressed and went to lift weights.  I did well.  About to increase the weight on a couple of routines...probably the first week in May.

Congrats on the weight loss.

I continue to be impressed by the fact that you can keep your HR low even as you increase the pace and effort!

Hope you enjoyed the sleep in.   Sleep
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:42 pm

Hey Doug.  I found a package full of delicious fudge in my mail box today!

Thanks for thinking of me.   I love you
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:29 pm

FYI - both my daughter and I deadlifted my weight (115#) today.  That's progress for us. LOL
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Apr 27, 2021 3:43 pm

nkrichards wrote:Hey Doug.  I found a package full of delicious fudge in my mail box today!

Thanks for thinking of me.   I love you
Sure welcome.  That's the final recipe.  It's about time to tweak it again.

Don't rush to judgement on the 'delicious' part.  Take your time with it.
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:FYI - both my daughter and I deadlifted my weight (115#) today.  That's progress for us. LOL
That's wonderful, 1L!  Progress is progress.

However, as I tend to do, I read your sentence again.  Then I had a picture in my mind of a 45 lb bar loaded to 115# with you on one side of the bar and Shannon on the other side and both of you lifting that 1 bar.   scratch geek
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:23 pm

ounce wrote:
FYI - both my daughter and I deadlifted my weight (115#) today.  That's progress for us. LOL
That's wonderful, 1L!  Progress is progress.

However, as I tend to do, I read your sentence again.  Then I had a picture in my mind of a 45 lb bar loaded to 115# with you on one side of the bar and Shannon on the other side and both of you lifting that 1 bar.   scratch geek
Laughing Laughing Laughing
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Apr 27, 2021 9:24 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

-30-

Congrats on the weight loss.

I continue to be impressed by the fact that you can keep your HR low even as you increase the pace and effort!

Hope you enjoyed the sleep in.   Sleep
That durn thing doesn't get stirred enough to have to beat faster.  But if I ever do some speedwork, maybe that'll get it out of the hammock.  Thanks.

-30-

Monday was the long run.  Now, long runs require that I get up earlier than 4:30.  But that's okay.  It was 66 degrees with a dew point of 62, so I wore a singlet.  Cadence was set at 156.  The idea and desire was to do 7 miles, which gets me onto the 3 mile running loop at Memorial Park for about 3/4ths of a mile, plus a water fountain.

7 miles, 1:43:41, 14:49 pace, 124 avg bpm, 138 max bpm, 152 avg cadence, 0.73 avg stride length
1.  14:53, 119 bom, 156 spm, 73 sl
2.  14:36, 124 bpm, 155 spm, 72 sl
3.  14:53, 125 bpm, 152 spm, 72 sl
4.  14:45, 124 bpm, 155 spm, 71 sl
5.  14:56, 125 bpm, 148 spm, 73 sl
6.  15:05, 124 bpm, 147 spm, 73 sl
7.  14:28, 130 bpm, 150 spm, 74 sl

HR zones
zone 3 (126-138)    38:18
zone 4 (108-125) 1:03:33

The HR seemed reasonable, if not a bit low, but with the cadence drop off for the 2nd half of the run (and I couldn't go faster for it), the HR followed.
There was some jumping off the piers at 2-2.5, but that seemed more like mind drifting, than a fall off in cadence.  Then there was the part from mile 4 to the end.  THAT seemed like fall off.

But I was not sore after the run at any time during Monday.  Although I fell asleep in the chair at 7 p.m. and felt the tired, this morning.  But it was nice to see that I finished 7, so  can continue running longer.

This morning, I went and lifted weights.  I was able to do 3 sets of 25 of a tougher floor, laying down, leg lifts by lifting my arms over my head and holding on to a weighted object behind me.  Good times.

Thanks for the comments and thanks for the opportunity to have my 'sense' of humor come out and play.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 15 of 27 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 21 ... 27  Next