365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Term Limits?

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down

Re: Term Limits?

Post  nkrichards on Wed Jun 20, 2018 12:27 pm

@ounce wrote:

Monday morning, I got out there with the hopes of trying 9 miles (actually 8.79).  But, the weather folks were saying that a few days of rain was going to start on Monday morning before sunrise, so I got up, looked at radar and figure I had about two hours and fifteen minutes before the rain started.  I started with two hours to go and, sadly, I started at a slow pace that became plodding.  But I made 8 miles without it raining.

However, as I was walking back to the apt, it started raining.  LOL, I hadn't factored in the 5 minute walk.

Still no niggles.
You must get a more accurate weather forecast than we do...or you're really lucky.  

Good to hear you're out there and still niggle free.
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:46 pm

It's been a plodding kind of past couple of weeks.  I'm not satisfied with it, but for some reason, I haven't been able to change it.  Still figuring that one out.

I'm trying to rule things out as to why it's so plodding.  I can't maintain a 164 cadence for much past a mile.  I'm still niggle free, though.  

Monday, I stopped after I couldn't maintain the cadence.  Tuesday, I plodded 4 miles.  I was going to run this morning, but we had a tropical Low move through and it rained from about 5 a.m. to 2 p.m.  4 inches at the big airport, which breaks a July 4th record set back in 1942.  AND it never got to 80 degrees.  Flooded I-10 west of downtown until about 3 p.m. because it rained 8 inches there from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m.  That's about 2.7 miles from me because that stretch of I-10 is the north boundary of Memorial Park.  Closer to me, it rained 6.05".

Y'all have heard of how hot it is around the country because of a High pressure system and the Jet Stream is in Canada?  Well, the Gulf Coast is outside of that High pressure, so it's just sending Low pressure impulses east to west. Therefore, we're going to be in this really strange and atypical wet weather pattern for the next two weeks.  So, we're to be seasonal at 93 degrees and a 40-60% chance of rain no less than every other day.  Subject to change, of course.

Weather report is over.

Last week, I signed up for the marathon in January.  Now, I wasn't convinced that I was going to be able to run the marathon, so I did a cost analysis of whether it would be cheaper to sign up for the Half, then pay the difference plus $20, if I felt very confident on running the full.  As it turned out, it would be cheaper for me to sign up for the full, then pay $20 to jump down to the half. 

I'll run tomorrow and Friday.  I guess if I can't run, I'm going to train the body to plod its best.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:28 pm

That is a lot of rain!  That would be our rainfall for the entire year!!!

Good to hear that you're out there.  Plodding is better than sitting.  Hope signing up for the marathon keeps you motivated to keep at it even if you get frustrated at times...
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:22 pm

Well, we're a 49 inch a year area, except when a 1,000 year storm shows up.  Prime time hurricane season isn't until August through mid-September.  These storms aren't hurricane related and really is atypical.

Running is an exercise in frustration.  I don't think it's heat-related.  I've been able to run the 163 cadence for 80% of a run, in the past.  Now, it's a mile.

Thanks for your comments, Nancy.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce on Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 am

So I decided to try to placate the body by not planning an 8 mile run, rather let's get to mile 2 and decide whether to turn around for a total of 4 miles or go on a little farther and see how the body feels.

This morning, I decided to just do 4 because we got a inch of rain rather quickly, yesterday, so I knew a couple of spots on the trail leading to the Memorial Park 3 mile loop were going to be holding water.

Annnnnd, I finished 4 miles, including the first two miles under 14 and overall pace at 14:13.  It was 75 degrees with no wind, yet gobs of humidity.
ounce
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards on Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:12 pm

4 good miles is a good day!
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

View user profile