365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Building A Better Bumblebee

+14
Tim C
Michele "1L" Keane
Penelope
Chris M
Julie
Dave P
Mike MacLellan
mul21
Dave Wolfe
Jim Lentz
dot520
Nick Morris
charles.moman
Schuey
18 posters

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 Empty Re: Building A Better Bumblebee

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:36 pm

Glad that you have some sort of plan in place and a place to stay. Take it easy on your feet, as you don't want to regress.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:41 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Glad that you have some sort of plan in place and a place to stay.  Take it easy on your feet, as you don't want to regress.

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

I've fallen back on notes and lists at this point. I've got so much stress hormone flowing through my body that I'd bet my IQ has rolled back 30 points. We're in survival mode, which means focusing on the next right thing to do.

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jun 19, 2014 3:14 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Glad that you have some sort of plan in place and a place to stay.  Take it easy on your feet, as you don't want to regress.

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

I've fallen back on notes and lists at this point. I've got so much stress hormone flowing through my body that I'd bet my IQ has rolled back 30 points. We're in survival mode, which means focusing on the next right thing to do.

My name is Nick, but I know that you have a lot of things going on right now and will let this one pass Smile  lol! lol! 
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jun 19, 2014 5:23 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

My name is Nick, but I know that you have a lot of things going on right now and will let this one pass Smile  lol! lol! 
So how does it feel, Set...er, Nick to be aged an additional 20 years?   jocolor
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:18 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

So how does it feel, Set...er, Nick to be aged an additional 20 years?   jocolor

I TOLD you I was cognitively impaired. Sheesh.

But in my own defense, here's Seth's profile photo, next to Nick:

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 23-6010Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 73-8210

Similar singlet, similar hair color, similar stature.

And let's face it, Nick. You really aren't a spring chicken anymore... Wink
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:31 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 23-6010Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 73-8210

But on the back of Nick's shirt it says, "Go BREWERS!"  So, I still don't see why the similarity exists in your mind, Mark. scratch
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:52 pm

ounce wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Very true, Seth. Thanks.

But on the back of Nick's shirt it says, "Go BREWERS!"  So, I still don't see why the similarity exists in your mind, Mark. scratch

Well, seeing the "Go Mets" sign on Seth's back might have helped, too. Wink
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:47 am

You guys are funny...I do see the similarities...and it was Seth's birthday yesterday.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jun 20, 2014 12:25 pm

Nick Morris wrote:You guys are funny...I do see the similarities...and it was Seth's birthday yesterday.

Oh, don't encourage him, Nick.   StirPot
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:13 pm

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:You guys are funny...I do see the similarities...and it was Seth's birthday yesterday.

Tsk.

It's demolition day at Casa Bowder, with ceilings and walls coming down and insulation and ductwork coming out of our crawl space. I let them in this morning (it was 98 inside when I walked in), gave them a key and headed back to the hotel. It's been nonstop since 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, and we are feeling it weighing down on us.

That said, the insurance company (Allstate) response has been good. The disaster recovery workers (ServPro) are nice and professional. Our hotel is nice, big enough for all of us, including the cats. We'll check out the other amenities before checking back at the house later this afternoon.

More later!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:36 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

It's demolition day at Casa Bowder, with ceilings and walls coming down and insulation and ductwork coming out of our crawl space. I let them in this morning (it was 98 inside when I walked in), gave them a key and headed back to the hotel. It's been nonstop since 2:30 p.m. Tuesday, and we are feeling it weighing down on us.

That said, the insurance company (Allstate) response has been good. The disaster recovery workers (ServPro) are nice and professional. Our hotel is nice, big enough for all of us, including the cats. We'll check out the other amenities before checking back at the house  later this afternoon.

More later!

Glad that everything is going as well as possible, considering the circumstance.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jun 20, 2014 2:32 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

That said, the insurance company (Allstate) response has been good. The disaster recovery workers (ServPro) are nice and professional. Our hotel is nice, big enough for all of us, including the cats. We'll check out the other amenities before checking back at the house  later this afternoon.

More later!

Glad that everything is going as well as possible, considering the circumstance.

Yup.  any chance of leaving the offending feline in between 2 of the studs before the sheetrock covers it up?    Evil or Very Mad
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:08 pm

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

More later!

Yup.  any chance of leaving the offending feline in between 2 of the studs before the sheetrock covers it up?    Evil or Very Mad

Perish the thought! Besides, he'd find a way out.

We are wondering if Fluff had previous lives guarding the plug that would keep Atlantis from sinking, watching out for icebergs on the Titanic, or advising Hollywood on avoiding making movies like "Ishtar"... Smile
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:23 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

More later!

We are wondering if Fluff had previous lives guarding the plug that would keep Atlantis from sinking, watching out for icebergs on the Titanic, or advising Hollywood on avoiding making movies like "Ishtar"... Smile

What did the cats think of all of the water everywhere? Were they trying to avoid it?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:43 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

More later!

What did the cats think of all of the water everywhere?  Were they trying to avoid it?

They were pretty traumatized, actually. Alita found them hiding in Alec's bedroom, as far from the noise and water as they could get. Poor Callie just started to relax a bit here in the hotel room.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Fri Jun 20, 2014 3:50 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:

Tsk.

More later!

What did the cats think of all of the water everywhere?  Were they trying to avoid it?

They were pretty traumatized, actually. Alita found them hiding in Alec's bedroom, as far from the noise and water as they could get. Poor Callie just started to relax a bit here in the hotel room.

"What I Did on My Summer Vacation" by Alec Bowder
Water not contained falls everywhere.......
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 20, 2014 9:25 pm

The house is in an amazing state of deconstruction now, missing parts of walls, ceilings, floors, ducts, etc. But since there was nothing left for us to do, we largely stayed away.

Probably because of that, I felt up to doing my therapy exercises: 10 dual leg heel lifts, 40 single leg heel lifts (assisted) and five minutes sorta balancing on each leg. No running yet, but maybe I'll get a chance soon.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 21, 2014 11:53 am

Mark B wrote:The house is in an amazing state of deconstruction now, missing parts of walls, ceilings, floors, ducts, etc. But since there was nothing left for us to do, we largely stayed away.

Probably because of that, I felt up to doing my therapy exercises: 10 dual leg heel lifts, 40 single leg heel lifts (assisted) and five minutes sorta balancing on each leg. No running yet, but maybe I'll get a chance soon.  

You always wanted to renovate anyways, right?

Hopefully you'll be able to get a run in soon...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:08 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:The house is in an amazing state of deconstruction now, missing parts of walls, ceilings, floors, ducts, etc. But since there was nothing left for us to do, we largely stayed away.

Uh, sure! Mostly though, it was the nagging thought that we really ought to clean the carpet. Never dreamed we could rinse it so thoroughly! Smile

I can't get photos to post through my iPhone, but I have quite the album of mayhem on my Facebook page. It's rather impressive.

We went over to Lowe's last night and started looking at flooring options. Geez. So many possibilities. The insurance adjustor said we can change things up on flooring, countertops, backsplash, paint, etc. That will be nice, though the choosing will be difficult. We aren't exactly into interior design.

They have a gym at the hotel, and a path along the Columbia River a short drive away. So I should get out for a short run soon.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:39 pm

Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Uh, sure! Mostly though, it was the nagging thought that we really ought to clean the carpet. Never dreamed we could rinse it so thoroughly! Smile

I can't get photos to post through my iPhone, but I have quite the album of mayhem on my Facebook page. It's rather impressive.

We went over to Lowe's last night and started looking at flooring options. Geez. So many possibilities. The insurance adjustor said we can change things up on flooring, countertops, backsplash, paint, etc. That will be nice, though the choosing will be difficult. We aren't exactly into interior design.

They have a gym at the hotel, and a path along the Columbia River a short drive away. So I should get out for a short run soon.

Can you say, "granite countertops!!!" Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 21, 2014 12:55 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Mark B wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

Can you say, "granite countertops!!!"  Smile

Depends on how generous the insurance company is, but maybe. I know we will probably be swapping out carpet for some sort of solid surface flooring in the affected areas. We never were huge carpet fans. Better for allergies, too. Of course, they won't pay to change anything not damaged by the flood, so carpet is staying in much of the upstairs.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 21, 2014 1:47 pm

Okay, a very convoluted process allowed me to post these photos:

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 Image12

Building A Better Bumblebee - Page 10 Image13
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:04 pm

I think that it definitely opens up the room  bounce bounce 
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:36 pm

Don't be afraid of Granite as it truly isn't much more than the other solid surfaces and the resale value of your kitchen multiplies exponentially.  You can also buy remnant pieces in some cases which is great many times.  I did my kitchen and bathrooms with remnants.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Jun 21, 2014 4:44 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I think that it definitely opens up the room  bounce bounce 

Heh. It always had a great room layout, but the kitchen island and fridge aren't usually next to the fireplace. Smile

Also, the exposed stud look is quite striking, though maybe not so great when it is 17 degrees outside.

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Don't be afraid of Granite as it truly isn't much more than the other solid surfaces and the resale value of your kitchen multiplies exponentially.  You can also buy remnant pieces in some cases which is great many times.  I did my kitchen and bathrooms with remnants.

Definitely considering something like that, though we heard there are options now similar to granite that don't require sealing. That might be preferable. We will see what the insurance company us willing to do, and how much extra we can afford. But clearly, if we are ever going to do something like that, now is the time.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 40 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 40  Next