365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Time to Pace Others

+26
Michael Enright
Peg Coover
Dave P
KBFitz
Chris M
Mrs. Schuey
Tom H
Mark B
Alex Kubacki
jon c
mul21
JohnP
charles.moman
Neil Ruggiero
Penelope
GregC
fostever
Kenny B.
Michele "1L" Keane
Julie
Nick Morris
healdgator
Seth Harrison
Schuey
John Kilpatrick
Jim Lentz
30 posters

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next

Go down

Time to Pace Others Empty Time to Pace Others

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:26 pm

Continued from the other board...

I have been avoiding speedwork as I have some right leg pain. I plan to do 49 miles this week, which will all be at an easy pace.

Last edited by Jim Lentz on Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Time to Pace Others Empty Re: Time to Pace Others

Post  John Kilpatrick Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:33 pm

had to refresh from the other board - 3:20:xx chase is underway!!! Hope your leg gets better soon - probably wise to take it easy for a bit...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Nothing wrong with that Jim, just take it easy get the mileage in and take care of that leg. What type of leg pain are you having buddy?

Hey will have to do the Yolk again buddy.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:08 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:Continued from the other board...

I have been avoiding speedwork as I have some right leg pain. I plan to do 49 miles this week, which will all be at an easy pace.

I'm assuming (by the fact that your still planning on 49 miles this week) that it's nothing you're too worried about. Keeping the pace on the easy side is a good precaution. That's all I'm doing right now also, but not anywhere close to that weekly mileage.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sat Jun 25, 2011 2:07 pm

John Kilpatrick wrote:had to refresh from the other board - 3:20:xx chase is underway!!! Hope your leg gets better soon - probably wise to take it easy for a bit...

It seems a little better today, thanks. I ran 3 yesterday and then 9 today picking up the pace the last 2 miles.

Schuey wrote:Nothing wrong with that Jim, just take it easy get the mileage in and take care of that leg. What type of leg pain are you having buddy?

Hey will have to do the Yolk again buddy.

It is on the right side, high on the IT band, high on the quads and a bit inside the leg. It is very strange and gets better as I get into the run and warm up. I have started using the Stick on it.

Yeah, Yolk sounds good to me.

Seth Harrison wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:Continued from the other board...

I'm assuming (by the fact that your still planning on 49 miles this week) that it's nothing you're too worried about. Keeping the pace on the easy side is a good precaution. That's all I'm doing right now also, but not anywhere close to that weekly mileage.

I think as long as I keep the pace easy, work on the muscles and avoid the A4 Grid shoes for now it will get better.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:12 pm

I ran 10 miles Monday at a decent pace, but about 5 miles into the run my leftt calf really started to hurt. I am going to have to skip running for a while.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:41 pm

Good luck in your quest, Jim.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:45 pm

I wouldn't push things too hard, until you get healed up. Is it just general soreness?? If so, going easy is probably the best remedy. If not, there may be something else going on.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jun 29, 2011 3:01 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I wouldn't push things too hard, until you get healed up. Is it just general soreness?? If so, going easy is probably the best remedy. If not, there may be something else going on.

It started with soreness in the right quad and ITB that gets better as I warm up. Probably from compensating for that I now have a pain in the lower left calf that gets worse as the miles go on. I haven't run since Monday and I am still pretty stiff and sore. I will check with the Dr. soon if it isn't better.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:54 pm

Heal up soon!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 29, 2011 11:06 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:I ran 10 miles Monday at a decent pace, but about 5 miles into the run my leftt calf really started to hurt. I am going to have to skip running for a while.

Well that stinks, I wonder if you have some type of tendonits going on or even a small ITB issue. Well in any case I hope you start feeling better.

Also I'm might be doing the Lakefront 50k as a training run for my JFK 50 miler race. I know you do that every year.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:27 pm

Going through similar things, Jim - but I've been concentrating more on the stretching and foam roller use. I've started to turn the corner for sure as my last two days of running (6 miles each time over very hilly terrain) have been niggle free. I also got back to the gym something I had missed for a while. My trainer here in NY kicks my butt every year!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:09 pm

Julie wrote:Heal up soon!

Thanks Julie.

Schuey wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:I ran 10 miles Monday at a decent pace, but about 5 miles into the run my leftt calf really started to hurt. I am going to have to skip running for a while.

Well that stinks, I wonder if you have some type of tendonits going on or even a small ITB issue. Well in any case I hope you start feeling better.

Also I'm might be doing the Lakefront 50k as a training run for my JFK 50 miler race. I know you do that every year.

I think the left calf is also some kind of Achilles tendon issue. If you do the LAkefront 50/50 I will see you out there.

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Going through similar things, Jim - but I've been concentrating more on the stretching and foam roller use. I've started to turn the corner for sure as my last two days of running (6 miles each time over very hilly terrain) have been niggle free. I also got back to the gym something I had missed for a while. My trainer here in NY kicks my butt every year!

I've tried a few things and to be safe I am going to see the Dr. tomorrow.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:43 pm

seems niggles and injuries are spreading. Just work the solution.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:17 pm

Kenny B. wrote:seems niggles and injuries are spreading. Just work the solution.

I have been using the stick and a foam roller. I ran 13 on Saturday and 8 today with Peggy. The calf is getting better, but the right quad is still having issues. My Dr. put me on a prescription NSAID, which normally I shouldn't take because of the Coumadin.

The PR in my title may end up meaning performed race...
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:seems niggles and injuries are spreading. Just work the solution.

I have been using the stick and a foam roller. I ran 13 on Saturday and 8 today with Peggy. The calf is getting better, but the right quad is still having issues. My Dr. put me on a prescription NSAID, which normally I shouldn't take because of the Coumadin.

Not so fast, Chicago is a long way away. Maybe you might have to lower your mileage and who knows come back even stronger! Keep the goal in sight! Hope all works out for you Exclamation
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:52 pm

fostever wrote:
Jim Lentz wrote:

Not so fast, Chicago is a long way away. Maybe you might have to lower your mileage and who knows come back even stronger! Keep the goal in sight! Hope all works out for you Exclamation
Thanks! Yes, I am conservatively increasing running days and mileage. I typically run 6 days a week, but don't plan more than 5 going forward for this cycle. Last week I ran 3 days and this week will run 4 days. I did 8 miles with Peggy on the 4th and 11 miles today. The calf was good today, but for the first mile or so I had trouble going faster than 10 minutes/mile because of my quad. For the last couple of miles was comfortably in the 8:30 range.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  GregC Wed Jul 06, 2011 4:35 pm

I know it's hard to do, but take the time now to get healed. A week off in July is much better than a week off in September. Do you have some soft trails you can hit until things start to feel better?
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jul 06, 2011 6:53 pm

GregC wrote:I know it's hard to do, but take the time now to get healed. A week off in July is much better than a week off in September. Do you have some soft trails you can hit until things start to feel better?

+1

Where is the pain on the quad can you describe the feeling both during and after the run?
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 am

GregC wrote:I know it's hard to do, but take the time now to get healed. A week off in July is much better than a week off in September. Do you have some soft trails you can hit until things start to feel better?
I've taken some time off and skipped some runs. It's a bit better as it seems using the foam roller, the stick and heat is helping some. I will have to think if I can find any soft trails relatively close. I typically run on the lakefront or at Caldwell Woods.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:40 am

Kenny B. wrote:

+1

Where is the pain on the quad can you describe the feeling both during and after the run?
The pain is about 9 inches up from the knee on the outer side of the right leg. It isn't quite at the IT band.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Penelope Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:04 pm

Hi Jim, just stopping in to say hi. Sorry to hear about the quad issue. Be careful with the NSAID and coumadin combo. Have you thought about getting a sports massage on it? Could you pool run for awhile if regular running is aggravating it? I hope it heals up quickly!
Penelope
Penelope
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Jul 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Penelope wrote:Hi Jim, just stopping in to say hi. Sorry to hear about the quad issue. Be careful with the NSAID and coumadin combo. Have you thought about getting a sports massage on it? Could you pool run for awhile if regular running is aggravating it? I hope it heals up quickly!
Hi "Penelope", I normally stay away from NSAIDs since I started taking Coumadin over a year ago, but my Dr. thought the risk was small and that a low dose of Meloxicam would be OK short-term. I will be stopping the Meloxicam and Coumadin as I have a colonoscopy Monday. The sports massage is a good idea, I will have to look into that. There aren't any pools close by that I could do pool running in, but it's a good idea. Thanks!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:00 am

I hope you get your pain resolved! I hope the colonoscopy goes well, too. My mom got so sick with all the stuff she had to drink but she has low blood sugar. I imagine that is not compatible with running!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Fri Jul 08, 2011 9:27 am

+2 Jim. I hope a little time off now, if that's what if calls for, is all you'll need to keep this to just a niggle.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 14 1, 2, 3 ... 7 ... 14  Next