365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Nike Frees!

5 posters

Go down

New Nike Frees! Empty New Nike Frees!

Post  Ben Z Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:58 am

Nike just announced two new Nike Frees:

The super minimalist Nike Free Hyperfeel:

http://www.t3.com/news/nike-free-hyper-feel-minimalist-running-shoes-unveiled

(but if the price really will be $175 you can count me out – that’s insane)

And the Nike Free Flyknit:

http://nikeinc.com/news/nike-free-flyknit-provides-compression-fit-with-free-flexibility#/inline/21599

And at $160 on top of the 5.0 platform I won’t be buying these either. But for the Nike Free junkies out there – enjoy!

I gotta say – these prices are just silly.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

New Nike Frees! Empty Re: New Nike Frees!

Post  Mark B Thu Jul 18, 2013 12:05 pm

Wow, they're finally on the market! I've tested versions of both shoes. I can say they have a totally different feel than previous versions of the Free. They're definitely worth at least a try-on, to see if they work for you.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 pm

I'm looking forward to the Free Flyknits.  I am slightly upset about the $160 tag, but I will say this about the Flyknit technology: It's practically indestructible. I have 850 and 600 miles on my two pairs of Flyknit Racers.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 pm

Dave-O wrote:I'm looking forward to the Free Flyknits.  I am slightly upset about the $160 tag, but I will say this about the Flyknit technology: It's practically indestructible. I have 850 and 600 miles on my two pairs of Flyknit Racers.

Are you talking about just the uppers being indestructible or the entire shoe, including cushioning?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Dave-O wrote:I'm looking forward to the Free Flyknits.  I am slightly upset about the $160 tag, but I will say this about the Flyknit technology: It's practically indestructible. I have 850 and 600 miles on my two pairs of Flyknit Racers.

Are you talking about just the uppers being indestructible or the entire shoe, including cushioning?

Well, the uppers. The Flyknit Racers are racing flats, so there's not much to the cushioning to begin with. But with all other racing flats I've had, the uppers rip or fall apart within 300-400 miles.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Fri Jul 19, 2013 3:36 pm

Looks like your fees are going up.
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sara Jane Sat Jul 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Exciting! I am truly enjoying my flyknits. Price tag blows, though. I think part my my enjoyment of my flyknits is the fact that I got them for free! Wink 

Would love to try the Free version of 'em. Even though I am kinda getting fed up with the whole rocks-in-my-shoe downside of those darn shoes.

I hear next year's Frees will have a totally different sole...(unless that is what these flyknit Frees have?)
Sara Jane
Sara Jane
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down