365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

+14
KathyK
Julie
Pete B
Dave-O
Jim Lentz
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
Natalie
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
Schuey
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
charles
18 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame Empty SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

Post  charles Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:10 pm

For those of you - if any - that like police/detective/lawyer TV shows - specifically "First 48" I will be featured on the premier episode of a new TV series called "After the First 48" which chronicles the trial and conclusion of cases featured in the "First 48." The episode is called "The Last Yard" and it is about the homicide of University of Memphis Football player Taylor Bradford. I represented a defendant in the case alleged to be the "mastermind" - Devin Jefferson. The show will certainly be victim oriented (and it should!) and prosecution oriented. I will probably be made to look like a hooligan stooge (but that is okay.) The program airs on A&E tomorrow night - June 23 at 9:00 pm eastern and 8:00 pm central time.

I only post this so you can say . . . so that is the doofus that posts in 365Runners, that's what he looks like! (With makeup on clown )
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame Empty Re: SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

Post  Kenny B. Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:17 pm

Worthy plug. Never heard of the show though!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame Empty Re: SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

Post  Nick Morris Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:18 pm

charles wrote:For those of you - if any - that like police/detective/lawyer TV shows - specifically "First 48" I will be featured on the premier episode of a new TV series called "After the First 48" which chronicles the trial and conclusion of cases featured in the "First 48." The episode is called "The Last Yard" and it is about the homicide of University of Memphis Football player Taylor Bradford. I represented a defendant in the case alleged to be the "mastermind" - Devin Jefferson. The show will certainly be victim oriented (and it should!) and prosecution oriented. I will probably be made to look like a hooligan stooge (but that is okay.) The program airs on A&E tomorrow night - June 23 at 9:00 pm eastern and 8:00 pm central time.

I only post this so you can say . . . so that is the doofus that posts in 365Runners, that's what he looks like! (With makeup on clown )

That's pretty neat...Thanks for sharing Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:27 pm

Thanks for the heads up. Lisa and I watch that show from time to time, now we have a good reason to watch it tomorrow. I have say though I would never think of you as a doofus Charles especially since I like the tie dye on in your avatar.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:17 pm

Hey that's pretty cool. We don't have a TV here in NY, so I just went to DirectTv and set my DVR. Something to look forward to in august.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:24 pm

Very cool Charles. I'll try to watch it.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:44 pm

I can't find it on my Direct TV guide for A&E. 9:00 is CSI: Miami. I can find "The First 48" no problem...

Found it. Still called "The First 48" but the description says "Update: The Last Yard."
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:08 pm

Cool, another reason to veg at the mind numbing glowing black hole! So you are a lawyer or just play one on the TV? hehe. OH yeah, everything is reality now! So do you know Gary Busey? Geez I'm killing myself here. Laughing
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:09 pm

fostever wrote:Cool, another reason to veg at the mind numbing glowing black hole! So you are a lawyer or just play one on the TV? hehe. OH yeah, everything is reality now! So do you know Gary Busey? Geez I'm killing myself here. Laughing

Steve! Hahahaha! SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame Rolling
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:22 pm

What is A&E and why don't we get it on broadcast TV Laughing
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:56 pm

Very cool! Will definitely check it out!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:49 pm

Jim Lentz wrote:What is A&E and why don't we get it on broadcast TV Laughing

Arts & Entertainment channel - usually a basic cable package channel.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:17 pm

Very cool!! We don't own a TV but that is still cool. I was pretty excited to be on the news last summer and told everyone I could think of, so I understand!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:21 am

Cool...we watch that show often!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 am

Setting my DVR now!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Woohoo! We just saw you Charles!!! How cool is that?!?!?! I didn't know you wore glasses....but then again, I can't tell what you're doing in your avatar, either! Haha!

I think you got that girl nervous in the cross examination....

I feel so bad for Taylor's mom and dad poor parents having to sit there and hear the details.. Sad

I liked your closing argument...Smile

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:29 pm

Nice segment! You looked calm, cool, and composed in front of the camera. How does one get a gig like that?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:30 pm

Mr MattM wrote:Nice segment! You looked calm, cool, and composed in front of the camera. How does one get a gig like that?

Yeah no doubt! By the way you clean up well Charles once you take that tie dye off. Although I love the tie dye!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:52 am

Nice job Charles!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:31 am

Schuey wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:Nice segment! You looked calm, cool, and composed in front of the camera. How does one get a gig like that?

Yeah no doubt! By the way you clean up well Charles once you take that tie dye off. Although I love the tie dye!

I was somewhat expecting him to still be wearing it Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  KathyK Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:34 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Schuey wrote:

I was somewhat expecting him to still be wearing it Smile

We watched, too...and I have to admit that I was looking for the tie dye t-shirt, too Wink
And yes, you looked calm and confident! Great segment...thanks for letting us know about it!
KathyK
KathyK
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:41 am

Thank y'all!!!!

The short answer to your question is luck. Luck that I got the case, luck that they decided to film the investigation and luck that the network felt the story line was compelling enough to do a follow up. I received a lot of support from my wife and colleagues. Great experience!
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:48 am

Seriously - thank you very much for your kind words. I didn't tell a lot of people. I told my mom, dad, sister and my wife's mom and dad. I told a handful of friends - maybe 5. Didn't post about it on FB and didn't talk about it at court. But for some reason felt compelled to post information and plug myself here! I guess I had been a lurker with the V-Team since '93 or '94 and have met some of y'all in passing. I thought the show would be a nice insight into me - at least what I look like and what I do for a living!

I will say this - marathon training has paid off it the court room. There is a lot of pressure and a lot of emotions that have to be kept in check during a 10 day murder trial. I did a death penalty case in April and had to repeatedly tell myself to just keep grinding away. To just treat it like the last three miles of a marathon. Get it done - win or lose - DO YOUR BEST!

Thanks again for the very kind words!
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Fri Jun 24, 2011 11:15 am

That's awesome, man. Congrats.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:06 pm

I watched it too. Pretty cool. You may lose the case, but you look better than the two prosecutors. lol!

You should challenge them to settle out of the court. rabbit

Oh, wait, you probably would lose the fist fight. affraid
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next