365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

+14
KathyK
Julie
Pete B
Dave-O
Jim Lentz
Mrs. Schuey
fostever
Natalie
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
Schuey
Nick Morris
Kenny B.
charles
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame - Page 2 Empty Re: SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

Post  Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:07 pm

Tough case, too! Interesting legal area... like the Manson case.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame - Page 2 Empty Re: SHAMELESS plug - my 15 minutes of fame

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:39 pm

The prosecutors wouldn't settle. We offered a guilty plea to facilitation of first degree murder. They compared him to a Chicagoland mob boss that orders a hit while eating pasta and drinking Chianti at Rosebuds
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

http://www.memphis-defense.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:47 pm

charles wrote:The prosecutors wouldn't settle. We offered a guilty plea to facilitation of first degree murder. They compared him to a Chicagoland mob boss that orders a hit while eating pasta and drinking Chianti at Rosebuds

That's actually sad. I did not perceive that this person had the personal clout to compel anyone to commit a crime. He was involved, but not a 'boss' from what I could tell...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 12:49 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
charles wrote:The prosecutors wouldn't settle. We offered a guilty plea to facilitation of first degree murder. They compared him to a Chicagoland mob boss that orders a hit while eating pasta and drinking Chianti at Rosebuds

That's actually sad. I did not perceive that this person had the personal clout to compel anyone to commit a crime. He was involved, but not a 'boss' from what I could tell...

Agreed, that's what Martin and I were sitting there thinking. Life in prison for it...he took the brunt of all of it.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:16 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:

Agreed, that's what Martin and I were sitting there thinking. Life in prison for it...he took the brunt of all of it.

Bad lawyer! jocolor
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:22 pm

charles wrote:
Mrs. Schuey wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:

Bad lawyer! jocolor

Great lawyer! We were intrigued watching you and how great of a job you did. Hopefully you get more gigs like that on TV! When you do, let us know!!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:43 pm

Wait a minute, Charles, so you are actually the defendant lawyer?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  charles Fri Jun 24, 2011 3:40 pm

Jerry wrote:

Yeah - the only one who looked like he could run 26.2 Cool
charles
charles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 4:01 pm

charles wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Yeah - the only one who looked like he could run 26.2 Cool

You do look wicked fast!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:03 pm

Jerry wrote:

Yes Jerry instead of saying it's your birthday and it's not Mr. Joker?

Also I agree with Matt's statement that the your client did come off to me as some mob boss! That is just crazy.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:34 pm

Admirable stuff, Charles. Being a defense lawyer, especially in capital murder cases like these, has always been something that has intrigued me. I'm not sure how long you've been around the boards, but a couple of old v-teamers, Jim and Julie K are both public defenders for capital murder cases here in Chicago. I've spent many hours questioning them and picking their brains about their job.

Good work, my man. Now, how long before they make your internet sensation Pimp Yo Ride at the 201 a TV series?
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2