365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who's still posting over there?

+36
Pete B
fostever
charles.moman
carleenp
dot520
healdgator
Colleen
Matt W
Stephanie
Paula Sue
mul21
GregC
Erin
Michele "1L" Keane
Michael Mitchell
Dave Bussard
Ken Mello
Schuey
Martin VW
Diego
John Kilpatrick
Seth Harrison
Julie
Dave Wolfe
Bob
Admin
Jerry
Tim M
ChasMcG
Dave-O
Kenny B.
Michael Enright
Natalie
Nick Morris
Mrs. Schuey
Peg Coover
40 posters

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Who's still posting over there? Empty Who's still posting over there?

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:07 pm

Just curious, but is anyone still over on the other boards? Reading? Posting?
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Who's still posting over there? Empty Re: Who's still posting over there?

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:15 pm

Peg Coover wrote:Just curious, but is anyone still over on the other boards? Reading? Posting?

Nope. Smile
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 pm

Peg Coover wrote:Just curious, but is anyone still over on the other boards? Reading? Posting?

Not since 6/15...probably won't go back...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:34 pm

I've checked in over there. It's a little faster to post to post than it was last week, but there's the whole 4 screens thing which is annoying.

Last edited by Natalie Wolf on Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar)
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:38 pm

Natalie Wolf wrote:I've checked in over there. It's a little faster to post to post than it was last week, but there's the whole 4 screens thing which is annoying.

Hence why this forum is much better bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Natalie Wolf wrote:I've checked in over there. It's a little faster to post to post than it was last week, but there's the whole 4 screens thing which is annoying.

Hence why this forum is much better bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce

Approval
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:43 pm

I've been over there several times. Traffic seems really light. There was a Friday thread, but only about 7 replies. There are still people I know posting there. For example, Randy posted about his half iron race (great report), and I replied. It does seem faster now.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:45 pm

Michael Enright wrote:I've been over there several times. Traffic seems really light. There was a Friday thread, but only about 7 replies. There are still people I know posting there. For example, Randy posted about his half iron race (great report), and I replied. It does seem faster now.

I wonder if it is faster now because the traffic is lighter... scratch
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:46 pm

Michael Enright wrote:I've been over there several times. Traffic seems really light. There was a Friday thread, but only about 7 replies. There are still people I know posting there. For example, Randy posted about his half iron race (great report), and I replied. It does seem faster now.

Faster? Cool. TP must've finally responded to the problem, but unfortunately, too late.....
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 pm

This forum just works and looks better and seems to have more bells and whistels. I'll stay hete thank you very much.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:56 pm

Kenny B. wrote:This forum just works and looks better and seems to have more bells and whistels. I'll stay hete thank you very much.

Amen Kenny!! Who's still posting over there? 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:02 pm

No reason the two sites have to be mutually exclusive. The Internet is a big place. pirat
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:16 pm

I really like some of the extras we get with this sight. Like if you posted a question in someone's training blog and forgot about it. You can look at your last posts. Makes it easier to follow up. I also like the dots showing you posted in the blog and the side notifications about new posts! Oooooooo and videos. I can't wait to post my first trail running video. It will probably be shaky like the Blair Witch but I can do that now. I haven't logged into TP in a long time. I wasn't aware of The issues they were having.
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:33 pm

ChasMcG wrote:I really like some of the extras we get with this sight. Like if you posted a question in someone's training blog and forgot about it. You can look at your last posts. Makes it easier to follow up. I also like the dots showing you posted in the blog and the side notifications about new posts! Oooooooo and videos. I can't wait to post my first trail running video. It will probably be shaky like the Blair Witch but I can do that now. I haven't logged into TP in a long time. I wasn't aware of The issues they were having.

I also like that you can edit past 30 minutes, that is a really nice feature.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:34 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:
ChasMcG wrote:I really like some of the extras we get with this sight. Like if you posted a question in someone's training blog and forgot about it. You can look at your last posts. Makes it easier to follow up. I also like the dots showing you posted in the blog and the side notifications about new posts! Oooooooo and videos. I can't wait to post my first trail running video. It will probably be shaky like the Blair Witch but I can do that now. I haven't logged into TP in a long time. I wasn't aware of The issues they were having.

+1
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim M Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:01 pm

I haven't seen any of the changes or experienced any of the problems that I've heard about. I didn't post over there anymore because I got tired of the red cards being waved in my face.

I agree with Dave though about the sites not needed to be mutually exclusive.

But with everyone over here and no red cards, I see no reason to post there.
Tim M
Tim M
Poster
Poster

http://runhappyrunmore.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChasMcG Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Mrs. Schuey wrote:

Really? Oh hell....that will be my life savor. Wish I wouldn't have said that ... pale
ChasMcG
ChasMcG
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:13 pm

Peg Coover wrote:

Faster? Cool. TP must've finally responded to the problem, but unfortunately, too late.....

Yes, it's much faster. The problem is once you have been here, that speed will be never faster enough. confused I don't know, I pretty much never watch non HD channel now. Basketball

Both forums are very light traffic in any standard. And if the performance needs to be tuned, the design is fundamentally wrong. Not my business and area though.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:16 pm

Jerry wrote:
Peg Coover wrote:

Yes, it's much faster. The problem is once you have been here, that speed will be never faster enough. confused I don't know, I pretty much never watch non HD channel now. Basketball

Both forums are very light traffic in any standard. And if the performance needs to be tuned, the design is fundamentally wrong. Not my business and area though.

True...performance was/is not the only issue with TP...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

Dave-O wrote:No reason the two sites have to be mutually exclusive. The Internet is a big place. pirat

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bob Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I also love this new format. I was having a hell of a time figuring out the new TP's changes. In fact, I couldn't access it from work or from my phone. I thought I was the only one that was so frustrated, I gave up trying to figure it out.

That said, I do have mixed feelings having all of us leave Hal. A number of years ago a similar mass exodus happened when many V-Teamers left his boards. A few stayed, some came back, others never returned. Many of those people still remain friends. Since I have been fortunate to have met so many great people through Hal's boards, I've always been appreciative and felt a loyalty to Hal. I'll probably find myself still checking out what he's got going on, who he's attracting over there and occasionally posting some useless comments that I'm good for.

One of the issues that can happen, not having Hal, is attracting new users. When the last group left and started tapermadness.com, everyone was gung ho to have our own place. We had the logo, the hats, the pamphlets to add to race packets and signs for cars at races, but membership was slow to grow. As time went on, much of the talk changed from running to other topics, people stopped running for whatever reason, some began to leave, and the membership began to dwindle. It's still a fun place to waste some time and chat with friends, but definitely has changed from what it was intended to be at the startup.

By no means am I intending to tell people how to run a website here, but just adding in a couple cents on something that might want to be discussed in a thread somewhere.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:40 pm

Bob wrote:

By no means am I intending to tell people how to run a website here, but just adding in a couple cents on something that might want to be discussed in a thread somewhere.

I appreciate the insight, Bob. It's something I mentioned to Dave as we discussed the option of creating a new site. One difference here is that we needed a reliable place to interact that wasn't subject to the whims of trainingpeaks. We have that now, and people are free to post here, there, and everywhere. It might be possible, with some focus and dedication, to create a site that attracts people outside of the HH world. Will that happen? I dunno. What is it that we really want (collectively)? I want a place for runners to come and find like-minded people who will discuss topics and answer questions... and let their hair down (metaphorically, as I have little left!).

I am interested in what others think this site should be. Is it a place for 'us', or for others, too. What is our niche in the vastness of the interwebz....???

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:48 am

Bob wrote:

That said, I do have mixed feelings having all of us leave Hal.

I do too, although I'm leaning toward the idea that we left Training Peaks, rather than Hal. When I asked the question in the thread title, I didn't mean we should or shouldn't still post over there...I was just wondering how it was going over there, as I haven't posted since joining here. The internet IS big and neither site needs to be exclusive....
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave Wolfe Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:10 am

Mr MattM wrote:
Dave-O wrote:No reason the two sites have to be mutually exclusive. The Internet is a big place. pirat

Unless Matt, who can run faster than I, comes after me with a sword I agree with Dave - O.
Dave Wolfe
Dave Wolfe
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Jun 20, 2011 8:49 am

Peg Coover wrote:
Bob wrote:

That said, I do have mixed feelings having all of us leave Hal.

I do too, although I'm leaning toward the idea that we left Training Peaks, rather than Hal. When I asked the question in the thread title, I didn't mean we should or shouldn't still post over there...I was just wondering how it was going over there, as I haven't posted since joining here. The internet IS big and neither site needs to be exclusive....

Yeah, I get that feeling too, Hal did a lot of work and tried to answer just about every post. He is a good, very experienced runner and never minded answering any question 10000 times very patiently.

I posted a couple of days ago bc a new poster asked question about jogging stroller running and then the next day there were not any additional replies (I logged in to access this forum since I couldn't find it on a web search).

Although, really, I think he will do OK because just because someone is a new joiner to the forums it doesn't mean they're new to running...
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 8 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next