365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek

+4
John Kilpatrick
Lauren
fostever
charles.moman
8 posters

Go down

Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek Empty Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek

Post  charles.moman Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:33 pm

I got this notice via the Indiana Trail Runners:

This evening, despite a beautiful day and a record crowd at Eagle Creek, our hearts are heavy with grief. Our fellow trail runner, Barry Barnett, died this morning after doing one of the things he enjoys most: a DINO Trail Run. Barry finished the 15k at just under 1:24. Shortly afterward he mentioned chest pains to the DINO staff. Within about 10-15 minutes of making his situation known, Barry lost consciousness while being tended by the EMS crew near the finish line. Barry did not revive, despite defibrillation once inside the ambulance. Barry was 54 years old, a farmer from Franklin, Indiana. Barry had completed every Tecumseh Trail Marathon since it began, and ran many other marathons. Please remember Barry’s wife Diane, and children in your prayers and thoughts. Two of his children, Josh and Leslie, have also participated in DINO events. We will share more information as it becomes available about arrangements. DINO will consider gathering funds for a memorial of some kind, on behalf of DINO staff and participants.
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek Empty Re: Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek

Post  fostever Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:56 pm

My heart is heavy for your friend and his family. Will be praying for the family.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek Empty Re: Indy trail runner died last Saturday at Eagle Creek

Post  Lauren Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 pm

I am so, so sorry to hear about this. Thoughts and prayers to you and his family.
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:26 pm

Ughhh. Sorry Charles. This life thing is pretty tenuous...

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  charles.moman Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:17 am

I did not know him, but I was at Tecumseh this year and might have spoken to him.
I read his obit and he was quite the person - very involved in his church and community.
charles.moman
charles.moman
Regular
Regular

http://www.charlesmoman.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Mar 13, 2012 12:20 pm

What a shock. I have just prayed for his family....I'm so sorry for their loss.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Mar 13, 2012 1:26 pm

How sad. Thoughts and prayers to you, Charles, and to his family.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tom Webster Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:13 pm

Barry was great person who was always positive and a lot of fun to be around. I've seen and talked to him at MANY races over the years. I will never forget the first time I saw him run. He sprinted out a large lead much to the suprise of everyone. In the following years, I saw him do that at almost every race he took part in. Gonna miss him VERY badly.
Tom Webster
Tom Webster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:15 pm

I wonder if I met up with him at Tecumseh, as well. My sympathies to his family.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down