365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

+6
Kenny B.
mul21
Mark B
Schuey
mountandog
scottk
10 posters

Go down

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours! Empty Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  scottk Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:25 pm

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/11/05/frank-mccourt-is-also-trying-to-sell-the-los-angeles-marathon/
scottk
scottk

Back to top Go down

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours! Empty Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  mountandog Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll send him a check!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours! Empty Re: Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours!

Post  Schuey Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:23 pm

Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:18 pm

They also need to get a better date - and route.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:07 pm

Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

Schuey, I'm not sure how much you know about McCourt, but he's selling because he's run the Dodgers into the ground, is in the midst of a divorce settlement, has been terrible at managing his money, and is desperate for cash. Not to say you're wrong about the direction of the marathon, but I think that has a whole lot less to do with this situation than McCourt's own personal finances do.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Would You Like to Buy A Marathon? For less than $20 M, it's yours! Empty LA

Post  scottk Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:55 pm

From what I heard, the Stadium to the Sea course that they started last year was pretty good.

And yes, McCourt is trying to cash out to pay off the ex.
scottk
scottk

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:06 pm

Someone will buy it on 40 cents on the dollar. Sounds like RNR would be nice!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:28 pm

Schuey wrote:Not really it's a bad investment, kinda like buying a car. Plus like a bull market, I'm willing to bet that you will start to see a bear market in the running world soon. There is a reason why they are selling.

We are an investment club now? scratch
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Nov 08, 2011 4:43 pm

mul21 wrote:

Schuey, I'm not sure how much you know about McCourt, but he's selling because he's run the Dodgers into the ground, is in the midst of a divorce settlement, has been terrible at managing his money, and is desperate for cash. Not to say you're wrong about the direction of the marathon, but I think that has a whole lot less to do with this situation than McCourt's own personal finances do.

That is true...he is broke...the ex is taking him to the cleaners. I think it is more about trying to gain some liquid assets more than selling high and bailing out.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:02 pm

Jerry wrote:

Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

Jerry, you can be the RD!!
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:44 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Investment club - I like that idea. Let's say we get it for 40cents on the dollar x $20M = $8M. Now we're talkin'. There's about 200 of us on this board so $8M/200 people comes out to $40,000 a person. Peanuts.

How do I know it's worth a dollar? What if 30cents? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:48 pm

Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Just send me $40k and we'll talk.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 08, 2011 5:58 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Just send me $40k and we'll talk.

You are saying I send you $40k, later you give me $100k and I make $60k. How about you send me $20k, we are even?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:12 pm

I would never have guessed the LA Marathon was worth 20 millions. Seems way too high.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ken Mello Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:19 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

That is true...he is broke...the ex is taking him to the cleaners. I think it is more about trying to gain some liquid assets more than selling high and bailing out.

He's going to sell the Dodgers for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 Billion, plus other assets he has. His wife has agreed to take $141 million. So I think he'll still be OK. I hear Mark Cuban might buy the team from him.
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:23 pm

Ken Mello wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

He's going to sell the Dodgers for somewhere in the neighborhood of $1 Billion, plus other assets he has. His wife has agreed to take $141 million. So I think he'll still be OK. I hear Mark Cuban might buy the team from him.

Heehee, agreed. We normal people worry about super rich too much, which is exactly why we stay normal, they are super rich. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down