365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday, bloody Sunday. Wendy's Chicago '11

+29
Dave P
Lauren
Dave-O
Natalie
Glenn
Bob
dot520
Matt W
Jeff F
Chris M
T Miller
fostever
Sara Jane
Michael Enright
Randy E
Alex Kubacki
Stephanie
Michele "1L" Keane
Seth Harrison
Mark B
Diego
charles.moman
Liz R
John Kilpatrick
healdgator
Julie
Jack_Scaff
Jerry
wendy_miller
33 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Sunday, bloody Sunday.  Wendy's Chicago '11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday, bloody Sunday. Wendy's Chicago '11

Post  Natalie Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:26 am

Wow! That's what they call endurance.

Those pace tattoos are cool, but I don't think I could ever commit to one. I know I would feel twice as bad once I got off pace.

Congratulations!
Natalie
Natalie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Sunday, bloody Sunday.  Wendy's Chicago '11 - Page 2 Empty Re: Sunday, bloody Sunday. Wendy's Chicago '11

Post  Dave-O Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Sorry you had such a rough day Wendy, but I am sure you are going to get a good day to race and show off your skills eventually. This is a cruel event, and you really gutted it out. Congrats, and be careful with taking too many prescription drugs while pushing your body like that!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Lauren Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:37 pm

Wendy you are one tough girl. Congrats on finishing an incredibly tough race-rest up and recover..I'm glad you're okay!
Lauren
Lauren

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Wed Oct 12, 2011 2:47 pm

Ugh! I pray Conor has the answers for you.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:58 am

Wow Wendy, you are one tough runner! Glad you were able to finish despite all the adversity. I have never even come close to experiencing what you have in any race. you are just starting out in the marathon and there will be tweaks along the way, no doubt. Sounds like you are just scratching the surface in terms of your potential.

Hope you can get your health issues in order. Seem to have read somewhere that you are a nurse so you know the positives and negatives of meds. So you would most likely agree that the less you're on, the better off you are at least in terms of side effects etc. Anyhow, here's hoping that you get that straightened out and begin with your coach to map out a solid strategy for improvement. Doing that while raising a family can be challenging, but with your attitude and determination I am sure you will eventually succeed in reaching your goals.

Best wishes and recover well!
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:23 am

Pretty amazing race report, Wendy, how do you remember so much, that is great. It seems like you have some good ideas on why this might have happened so I'm pretty confident they won't repeat. Really amazing job getting through it, and it's good to see someone just unabashedly loving the sport of running.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:29 am

Wow, what an amzing story, Wendy! I can't imagine what that struggle for the finish felt like. It is great that you are recovered as hyponatremia can be deadly. Great job!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:47 am

Yes, great story, tough finish. Hope you are enjoying the family vacation and recovering well.
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2