365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade

+3
Julie
Michael Enright
stanton
7 posters

Go down

CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade Empty CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade

Post  stanton Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:34 pm

Healthy eating friends it might be wise to skip the cantaloupe for a while!!!
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/cdc-listeria-outbreak-deadliest-decade/story?id=14622507
stanton
stanton

Back to top Go down

CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade Empty Re: CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade

Post  Michael Enright Wed Sep 28, 2011 8:43 pm

works for me - its one of the few fruits I detest
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade Empty Re: CDC: Cantaloupe Listeria Outbreak Deadliest in a Decade

Post  Julie Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:06 pm

Although I don't think we need to worry now as all the cantaloupes in question have been pulled. So if you see cantaloupe on sale this week, you're probably fine unless it came from that one farm in CO.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Wed Sep 28, 2011 9:39 pm

Michael Enright wrote:works for me - its one of the few fruits I detest

+1!

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:33 am

Could never understand why anyone would eat that nasty stuff anyway.pale

Oh, and i guess+2
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  stanton Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:23 am

Julie wrote:Although I don't think we need to worry now as all the cantaloupes in question have been pulled. So if you see cantaloupe on sale this week, you're probably fine unless it came from that one farm in CO.

More worried about people who may have already bought one.
stanton
stanton

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:15 pm

stanton wrote:
Julie wrote:Although I don't think we need to worry now as all the cantaloupes in question have been pulled. So if you see cantaloupe on sale this week, you're probably fine unless it came from that one farm in CO.

More worried about people who may have already bought one.

Yeah there are people who could still get sick but they've already eaten the fruit so there's nothing really to do.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  healdgator Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:59 pm

Figures. It's one of the few fruits I don't mind.
healdgator
healdgator
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:14 pm

I had cantaloupe few days prior to them announcing this. Quite frankly my stomach has been queasy the last 3 days. Just unsettling feeling. But I am alive right now!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum