365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

took a beating in Augusta

+24
Mike MacLellan
JohnP
Jack_Scaff
Jerry
fostever
jon c
Peg Coover
Randy E
Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Michael Enright
Alex Kubacki
T Miller
Chris M
stanton
Julie
healdgator
Kenny B.
Michele "1L" Keane
Seth Harrison
Jim Lentz
Nick Morris
mul21
John Kilpatrick
28 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

took a beating in Augusta - Page 2 Empty Re: took a beating in Augusta

Post  Stephanie Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:50 pm

YAY John! Congratulations on your first 70.3!!!!! You performed spectacularly and I, in addition to all the others, think your race results, the big picture and your overall placement and AG standing are FANTASTIC!!!! I can relate to how you were focused on how rough some aspects of the race were for you, and it’s especially tough when you feel so crummy on the run to not focus on that feeling so I am happy to read that you’ve been able to decompress since the race and clear your head a little. I hope you have a sense of accomplishment & pride; not too many people can do what you did!!!!

As always I look forward to following the rest of your training & learning from your experience and wisdom. I hope you are recovering well from the race and I look forward to following what’s in store for you next.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  littlewally and farnk Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:06 pm

John, I have a friend who raced this as well. A talented and well trained athlete. They finished in just over 6 hours........

GREAT RACE!!!
littlewally and farnk
littlewally and farnk

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:31 pm

First off, congratulations on your first 70.3. You finished very well (despite your disappointment) for even an accomplished triathlete... let alone a newbie. You have nothing to be ashamed of.

I think you're already digesting the lessons of this past race. You may or may not have gone out too fast... but you definitely shorted yourself on fueling, electrolytes and hydration. It's no wonder you blew up in the running leg.

Start working on fueling the machine, and I bet you'll surprise yourself with how well you do.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Ya know, I like the fire of being slightly bummed out. It shows your passion and desire to keep improving.

That being said; be proud of what you did accomplish. Thats an impressive race and one in which you'll learn valuable lessons. Well done.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2