365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon

+2
JohnP
Mrs. Schuey
6 posters

Go down

Friday Arrival vs Saturday Arrival for the Chicago Marathon

365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_lcap80%365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_rcap 80% 
[ 8 ]
365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_lcap20%365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 2 ]
365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_lcap0%365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 10

365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Empty 365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sat Sep 17, 2011 11:42 pm

We're trying to figure out whether to do a Friday dinner or Saturday late lunch. Please vote and once we get an idea of those in attendance for either day, we'll throw out some restaurant options and go from there.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Empty Re: 365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon

Post  JohnP Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:16 am

I voted for Friday as I usually take the day off, go to the expo, and then join up for dinner. I think Saturday afternoon would be OK too if that works better for everyone but it cannot be late. As Lisa says, we should meet afterwards at the family reunion area (letter R since there is no number 3 there).

Do we have the same situation this year, in that people who travel in don't have access to cars?
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon Empty Re: 365 Runner Get Together for Chicago Marathon

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:21 am

John, I voted for Friday as well, as like you, I'm taking the day off to go to the expo and then meet up with people. I am up for Saturday as well, but also like you, agree that it cannot be late. Plus, I think a lot of people have their meals pretty planned out the day before a race and use that time to get mentally prepared?

Let's plan on meeting at the "R" in the meet up area after the race. As the day draws closer, we'll post reminders?

For those that don't have access to cars, please let us know and we'll find the best way for you to get here whether it's the L or the Metra if you don't want to take a cab and are not renting a car.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Pete B Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:01 pm

I will be in town on Friday doing the Expo in the morning, then volunteering at the Expo in the afternoon (participant services at the front desk) - so Friday dinner is perfect.

Saturday I will be at home lounging comfortably.

Not sure, but I think the Metra had a super early train last year and I trained it in and back on Marathon day - so no access to a car after the Marathon. Where's the beers at afterwords?
Pete B
Pete B
Poster
Poster

http://www.ahouseinthewoods.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Tue Sep 20, 2011 1:37 pm

I prefer Saturday because I already have dinner plans with the Clocktower Runners on Friday evening.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:06 pm

I am open to whatever works for everyone else. I am not running Chicago but I am planning on being a spectator to see what it is like on the other side of the fence.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Sep 25, 2011 4:46 pm

With the marathon only 2 weeks out, pasta restaurants are filling up quick and looking at the poll numbers, I'm looking to make plans for Friday, October 7th.

Jim, I see that you have a charity dinner Friday night. Are you able to meet up with us afterwards?

Please respond whether you are attending and how many will be in your party. Also, does 6:30pm work? Too early or too late?

Please respond as soon as possible. I will call around and see what restaurants have availability. We'll do a final count this week.

Thanks!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Sep 25, 2011 8:20 pm

I am in, one person, 6:30 PM is fine. Your choice on the restaurant and location.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Sun Sep 25, 2011 9:05 pm

Unfortunatley we won't be able to make Friday. After the dinner I have with the Clocktower Runners I need to get to bed early. As a Nike pacer I will be working the Pace Team area Saturday morning.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:57 am

Looking forward with anticipation! We should have name tags showing real and user names.Idea
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down