365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago.

+4
Dave-O
Julie
Nick Morris
Jerry
8 posters

Go down

Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. Empty Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago.

Post  Jerry Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:09 am

7:30am, 90 degree, 12 miles in with 1.1 more to go. Jerry was exhausted and wanted to quit. So Jerry played his mantra: Don't be a chicken shit!

Oops, didn't work this time and Jerry needed a new one.

Jerry laughed: Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago.

Hey it worked. Jerry moved along to finish a half marathon distance, two days in a row.

Kudos to those of you training hard for Chicago or whatever in this difficult time!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. Empty Re: Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago.

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:14 pm

I know that you will come through in January!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. Empty Re: Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago.

Post  Jerry Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:57 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I know that you will come through in January!!

I am pretty much out for Houston. How do you feel now, captain? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:02 pm

Jerry wrote:

What!?!?!?! What race are you running?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:09 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Jerry wrote:

I may have to do Dallas December 4th, which cut my planned training by 5 weeks. We are taking 3 weeks family vacation to China the week after and I expect I will blow up my weight plus I may have a schedule conflict due to father duty for Houston. Dallas seems the only option.

On the positive side, I did run 13.1 miles two days in a row. Running
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:13 pm

Jerry wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
Jerry wrote:

I may have to do Dallas December 4th, which cut my planned training by 5 weeks. We are taking 3 weeks family vacation to China the week after and I expect I will blow up my weight plus I may have a schedule conflict due to father duty for Houston. Dallas seems the only option.

On the positive side, I did run 13.1 miles two days in a row. Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. 4044942068

Whew...you had me worried that you were not running anything this winter. I have you as my "ace in the hold" right before the end of the fantasy season. We'll still be alright. It just means that KOA will have to drop the hammer sooner than later.

I think you will be alright by December 4th. The temps will cool enough for you to get in a decent cycle and kill it at Dallas.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:15 pm

It has been a really tough summer for fall marathon training. I questioned the running of a Sept marathon a few times but I think the worst is behind us, at least in my general area.

Have a good time with family!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:30 pm

Julie wrote:It has been a really tough summer for fall marathon training. I questioned the running of a Sept marathon a few times but I think the worst is behind us, at least in my general area.

Like I had said before Julie, I have ran the Fox Cities HM for the last 6 or 7 years (they tend to blend together now) and plan on running the HM again this year. The average race day temps that I can recall are around lower to middle 50s at start and upper 60s to lowers 70s at finish. Hopefully that trend will continue this year, too (knock on wood).
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:29 pm

Thank god Jerry doesn't talk in third person.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:43 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Julie wrote:It has been a really tough summer for fall marathon training. I questioned the running of a Sept marathon a few times but I think the worst is behind us, at least in my general area.

Like I had said before Julie, I have ran the Fox Cities HM for the last 6 or 7 years (they tend to blend together now) and plan on running the HM again this year. The average race day temps that I can recall are around lower to middle 50s at start and upper 60s to lowers 70s at finish. Hopefully that trend will continue this year, too (knock on wood).

I hope so! Last year I ran the Omaha HM around the same time and it was so perfect. I wish I had run the full but instead was pacing my dad so it was pretty slow. Training all July was tough but things are looking better/cooler now.

And I thought training for a Feb. marathon was tough.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:49 am

You mean I won't get to see Jerry this year? Ah man, that SUCKS! Good luck in Dallas...hopefully it will be below 100 at some point this year.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:52 am

Jerry you've run Chicago?

Hey you need to comeback and run it again! bounce bounce bounce
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:06 pm

Hey Jerry maybe time to move out of drought stricken hell hole Texas at least til winter.Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. 235134252
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:09 pm

fostever wrote:Hey Jerry maybe time to move out of drought stricken hell hole Texas at least til winter.Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. 235134252

I would agree except only hell is hiring. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:37 pm

fostever wrote:Hey Jerry maybe time to move out of drought stricken hell hole Texas at least til winter.Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. 235134252

Winter, what the hell is that? scratch
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:11 pm

Joel H wrote:

It's something that I am truely dreading and will be here before you know it Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Joel H wrote:

It's something that I am truely dreading and will be here before you know it Sad

Funny, I feel the exact opposite here. I I love you winter and it can't get here fast enough....past 11 days has been either 102 or 103 each day!!!

Last edited by Joel H on Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:46 pm

After living in Southern California for 35 years and living in Indiana for the rest.....the changing of the seasons is over-rated. People talk about how much they love spring....well that's because winter sucks! They talk about fall and the leaves...well that's because summer sucks. Just my thoughts there. Back to Dallas and Houston...sorry for the hijack.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:55 pm

dot520 wrote:After living in Southern California for 35 years and living in Indiana for the rest.....the changing of the seasons is over-rated. People talk about how much they love spring....well that's because winter sucks! They talk about fall and the leaves...well that's because summer sucks. Just my thoughts there. Back to Dallas and Houston...sorry for the hijack.

Spot on!! Thanks God, I didn't register Chicago. 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down