365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Toe Trouble

+12
Jerry
dot520
Kevin L
ChasMcG
JohnP
Nick Morris
Jim Lentz
jon c
Mike MacLellan
Kenny B.
GregC
Stephanie
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Toe Trouble - Page 2 Empty Re: Toe Trouble

Post  Stephanie Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:48 pm

KBFitz wrote:Steph, All the banter is well and good. But it's just that. Banter. Only Kevin L said it. Good for him. But it got buried in the banter. So it needs to be said clear. Vaseline works just as well as Body Glide and Aquaphor for lubricating the hot spots. And we all need to use something like it for races and long runs. But kripes:

These shoes are too narrow for you. Snap out of it!
Hahahaha, ok. That's what I figured but there was a part of me that thought I had to toughen up and develop runner's feet... whatever those are. So thank you to both Kevins (KBFitz, I think your name is Kevin) and to everyone else for your tips on how to care for this callous/blister in the meantime. The banter was fun too. Smile
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:41 am

Kevin L wrote:For the record - those are NOT my feet. And I was being serious about duct tape - it works!

Duct tape works wonders! I used to use it all the time until I finally got the best shoe/sock/powder combo for myself. I still wear it if it might rain and I am running long. I wrote something about it on my blog here too: Preventing Blisters.

Also, Stephanie, my feet look terrible in terms of callouses, bad toenails, etc. Your's are gorgeous by comparison! I quit worrying about it though. Between skating, dancing, and running, I've had ugly feet most of my life. I just try not to wear open shoes to upscale social events. Fortunately I don't have to attend too many of those!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Stephanie Sat Aug 06, 2011 5:37 pm

carleenp wrote:Duct tape works wonders! I used to use it all the time until I finally got the best shoe/sock/powder combo for myself. I still wear it if it might rain and I am running long. I wrote something about it on my blog here too: Preventing Blisters.

Also, Stephanie, my feet look terrible in terms of callouses, bad toenails, etc. Your's are gorgeous by comparison! I quit worrying about it though. Between skating, dancing, and running, I've had ugly feet most of my life. I just try not to wear open shoes to upscale social events. Fortunately I don't have to attend too many of those!

Thanks for the link to your blog! Also, my feet look much better now. They're painted and moisturized. I took that pic right after a run when things were extra angry & unkept. The blister/swelling has also come down. You can barely notice the callous now.
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2