365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

+12
John Kilpatrick
sir digby
ounce
Dave-O
carleenp
Nick Morris
Mark B
KBFitz
Dave Bussard
mul21
Schuey
Admin
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 Empty Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:08 pm

sir digby wrote:Wow, great job. Did you try the slushie?

Yes. Made Gatorade slushy. Did an abbreviated warmup that ended at 6:15, drank the slushy for 10 minutes, changed and went to the line.

I feel like I avoided a complete collapse. 1:00 of my PR in that heat is good enough for me.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 Empty Re: Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening...

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:15 pm

Mr MattM wrote:

Gotcha! No worries... I think it's great that you have those guys around to help push you... and you to push them (well, at least Derek... lol). Matt sounds like a beast. Is he a runner practicing law, or a lawyer who runs? Seems he's right on the edge...

Derek is always around for our group tempo runs, and can hammer it when he's fit. Hes a new daddy so doing lower mileage but lotsa quality.

Matt is a beast. He works for one of the biggest firms in the country so he's working plenty of hours. Definitely focused on the OTQ right now, though he can enjoy his beers too.

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have bud light.
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:20 pm

Dave-O wrote:

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have toilet water.

That's so wrong... so very, very wrong...

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 1193849567

I'm off to Florida on Sat for 9 days... where the temps are 10+ degrees cooler than here!!! I'm rejoicing!!!

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 4044942068

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:23 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
Dave-O wrote:

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have toilet water.

That's so wrong... so very, very wrong...

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 1193849567

I'm off to Florida on Sat for 9 days... where the temps are 10+ degrees cooler than here!!! I'm rejoicing!!!

Over/Under on Dave's 5K this evening... - Page 2 4044942068

Work night...

Cooler in Florida? It's a mad world.
Dave-O
Dave-O

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:30 pm

Joking aside, serious congrats on posting a better time than last year in oppressive conditions with no race-specific training. This bodes well for a good showing in the fall... I'm going with an early line of 2:28:04 for you... and 2:54:40 for me. Who gets the most over/under bets?

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:08 am

Congrats Dave-O, impressive time considering the conditions! I take the under on both of you guys in the fall.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:23 am

Congrats Dave-o that is mighty impressive in this oppressive weather.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:29 am

Nice race Dave-O. I hope the precooling helped. I'm sure the post cooling did.cheers
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:32 am

3rd lawyer of Chicago is not bad. First 2 got the honor to work for the mafia? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Fri Jul 22, 2011 10:43 am

Dave-O wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:

Gotcha! No worries... I think it's great that you have those guys around to help push you... and you to push them (well, at least Derek... lol). Matt sounds like a beast. Is he a runner practicing law, or a lawyer who runs? Seems he's right on the edge...

Derek is always around for our group tempo runs, and can hammer it when he's fit. Hes a new daddy so doing lower mileage but lotsa quality.

Matt is a beast. He works for one of the biggest firms in the country so he's working plenty of hours. Definitely focused on the OTQ right now, though he can enjoy his beers too.

So...who else is still up drinking? Unfortunately I just have bud light.

Shoot, we were still up. Magic beer out of Vermont(looks red like Killian) and Smutty Nose IPA.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2