365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

+25
Glenn
T Miller
Paula Sue
Jerry
Michael Enright
jon c
Randy E
JohnP
Stephanie
Nick Morris
Natalie
Mrs. Schuey
Schuey
Julie
Peg Coover
Alex Kubacki
John Kilpatrick
Mike MacLellan
Penelope
Seth Harrison
Michele "1L" Keane
mul21
Jim Lentz
Tom H
Kenny B.
29 posters

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 19 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:17 am

Your runs continue to look, Kenny. You look comfortable running in those pics above.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 19 Empty Re: KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely

Post  Kenny B. Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

Jim Lentz wrote:Your runs continue to look, Kenny. You look comfortable running in those pics above.

To comfortable possibly!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

mul21 wrote:Definitely a great 2 day combo there Kenny. I'd play it by ear on the double tomorrow. After 26 miles in 2 days with a tempo as part of it, only running once tomorrow wouldn't be the end of the world.

I agree difference between 78 or 82 miles won't matter. I'd like to see 80 but I'd have to run 8 easy tomorrow morning or split it up like 5 and 3 which rather just do 6 in am and enjoy friday evening off! PLay it by ear!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Sep 23, 2011 9:26 am

Time/Weather: 6:00am - 68 95% humidity

Training: 6 easy

Goal: recover recover did i say recover

Results:
6 @ 9:40 HR 131

Notes:
Soupy out there today but for 6 easy it is no issue. After two very hard days of running felt good to take it easy. HR was lowest ever for 6 miles 131 pace was on the slower side 9:40 only because first mile was 10:20. Took a good mile to get the legs oiled up so I don't
freeze like Mr. Tin Man!

I was going to run 4 later in day but decided against it just now. I will still hit 80 for the week and let my body recover from some hard running past few days as Sat and Sun are hard runs again.

Upcoming
Saturday is going to be 11 miles Ill do 8 @ GA followed by 10x100 strides then 1 mile cool down.
Sunday 20 with hopefully enough in me to do 3-5 @ MP. I'd like to take it to the boardwalk see what the weather brings.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:02 pm

Kenny, it's no surprise you are hitting fast times and PRs in your races. your training is so solid and consistent, really nice job.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Glenn Sat Sep 24, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Kenny. I don't frequent the blogs much, but I remembered your post about your wife's Napa anniversary-gift. So, I thought I'd drop in to let you know that my wife and I just registered for Napa this evening. This one's been on my list since we were in Napa last year, and I did a 10 miler on part of the marathon route. Hope to see you in wine country!
Glenn
Glenn
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:57 am

Glenn wrote:Hi Kenny. I don't frequent the blogs much, but I remembered your post about your wife's Napa anniversary-gift. So, I thought I'd drop in to let you know that my wife and I just registered for Napa this evening. This one's been on my list since we were in Napa last year, and I did a 10 miler on part of the marathon route. Hope to see you in wine country!

thats awesome. Be nice to meet up for some running ad vino. Ill stay in touch.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:04 pm

Time/Weather: 6:15am 70 degrees, 93 % humidity

Training: 11 miles 9@ GA followed by 10x100m strides

Goal: ended up being staying in LSD Zone land

Results:
7:51 pace HR 157

Notes:
This was on the easy side as my HR was in LSD zone. This is also 3-9 bpm lower thenpast GA runs. Seem to be peaking at the right time. Next cycle I can certainly bring down my paces a bit as I stay in the zones. Overall legs felt very good & strides helped to clean the pipes out!. Tomorrow is my last 20 total of 5 in 14 weeks giving me 80 for the week. Will do a fast finish maybe last 3-5 @ MP then it is taper time.

Upcoming
Tomorrow will be 20 maybe 3-5@MP or some type of progression depending on how feel. It is going to very humid "again".
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:53 am

Time/Weather: 6:15am 68-73 very humid 93-87%

Training: 20 w/last 5 @ MP

Goal: Keep HR below 160 first 15 miles then nail last 5 @ 7:30.

Results:
first 15@ 8:21 super low 152, last 5 @ 7:29 HR 171 going up to 175

Notes:
Hit the boardwalk for 20 miles w/ last 5 @ MP. A bit dark out for the first few miles which was nice! First 15 @ LSD went great. Then I went into MP pace at the same time the sun came out. Definitely was a work out at this point avg 7:29 HR 171 avg. going up to 175. Although no elevation at beach my legs were asking for some hills. Went over 2 bridges which I enjoyed the break!

Overall 157 HR right in my zone pace 8:08. Finished feeling fine probably one of the easiest 20's to date and the last of this cycle. Taper time!

I can say the last 5 were not easy! I did not feel I could maintain this pace for 26.2 but then again I am coming off some peak weeks of running and a tough day yesterday! Also add the 70 degrees and 90% humidity. Certainly no judge of where I am at in training.

Upcoming
Tomorrow is a day off as I Start a minor taper for 3 weeks until Hartford will do 62 miles just under my avg this training of 65.

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 19 Untitl26
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Gobbles Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:15 am

Kenny:
Looks promising. Taper Time, right? bounce
Gobbles
Gobbles
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Sep 25, 2011 11:21 am

Gobbles wrote:Kenny:
Looks promising. Taper Time, right? bounce

First taper week looks like this

KenZen - Running Alone Ain't So Lonely - Page 19 Untitl27
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Off today and took my daughter for surgery taking out her tonsils and adenoids. All went well and she is now relaxing with only discomfort she seems pretty good right now.

Tomorrow 10 total GA w/10x100's. Feels odd not to run today! But good purpose to recover. Legs actually feel fine after yesterday's 20 and tough 80 mile week.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:44 pm

Great job on the 20 and the taper week looks great. I hope your daughter has a good recovery!
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Alex Kubacki Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:01 pm

Great finish on the 20 Kenny. Hartford is right there for you. You're going to destroy that course.
Alex Kubacki
Alex Kubacki
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:40 pm

Kenny B. wrote:I can say the last 5 were not easy! I did not feel I could maintain this pace for 26.2 but then again I am coming off some peak weeks of running and a tough day yesterday! Also add the 70 degrees and 90% humidity. Certainly no judge of where I am at in training.

So, how do you predict race performance taking into account how the last 5 were not easy?

Last edited by ounce on Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:41 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : fix the quote)
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:10 am

ounce wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:I can say the last 5 were not easy! I did not feel I could maintain this pace for 26.2 but then again I am coming off some peak weeks of running and a tough day yesterday! Also add the 70 degrees and 90% humidity. Certainly no judge of where I am at in training.

So, how do you predict race performance taking into account how the last 5 were not easy?

Good question! Based on many other runs especially when I nailed 17 w/12 @ MP on a step back week few weeks ago and my HM pace of 7:04 predicts 7:30 and hopefully with cooler weather my HR will be in the zone it needs to be in. Faith goes along way also.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:25 am

I'm glad to see Ava's surgery went well.
Happy taper!
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Thu Sep 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Tues

10 @ GA nailed 7:51 pace HR in LSD zone followed by 10x100 strides (humid)

Wed

12 on TM @ LSD 8:19 w/ 5 x 1 mile hill repeats 3%, 4%, 4%, 4.5%, 5%. HR 155 sweated like Ewing x 2 in a Sauna

Thu

6 easy this morning 9:31 pace HR 135 par for the course (another humid and warm day 70's). Get 4 more this afternoon.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:23 am

Thursday night - did 4 easy miles low hr

Friday - cooler weather bring good legs to today 6 miles w/ 6 x 100 strides a nice shake out ready for tomorrows 5k race. HR 128 for the recovery portion. Below my recovery HR zone. Certainly next cycle faster running.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:44 am

Good luck with the 5K, Kenny!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:00 am

Kenny just stopping in and trying to catch up on all that has been going on with you. Things are still looking as solid as ever and good luck on the 5k.

I'm really impressed by all the shorter races you have done in this marathon build up cycle. Good way to be able to get the tempo runs done, I might have to think about that for future training cycles. The only question for me is can I only do it as a tempo run or will I try to race it??
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:06 am

Schuey wrote:Kenny just stopping in and trying to catch up on all that has been going on with you. Things are still looking as solid as ever and good luck on the 5k.

I'm really impressed by all the shorter races you have done in this marathon build up cycle. Good way to be able to get the tempo runs done, I might have to think about that for future training cycles. The only question for me is can I only do it as a tempo run or will I try to race it??

I race them! HM I raced maybe a bit soft but still raced. Today's 5k I raced! Rather not enter them just for a training run!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Oct 01, 2011 11:44 am

Kenny B. wrote:
Schuey wrote:Kenny just stopping in and trying to catch up on all that has been going on with you. Things are still looking as solid as ever and good luck on the 5k.

I race them! HM I raced maybe a bit soft but still raced. Today's 5k I raced! Rather not enter them just for a training run!

Hell then more power to you Kenny B! That makes you more the man, I don't know if I would be able to handle my training and race as much as you. See that is the great thing about running, we all can approach are training and racing different from one another and there were is no right or wrong way per se. It's all about trying different things and finding the best approach for ourselves.

So how did the 5k go today?
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Oct 01, 2011 7:05 pm

Schuey wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

Hell then more power to you Kenny B! That makes you more the man, I don't know if I would be able to handle my training and race as much as you. See that is the great thing about running, we all can approach are training and racing different from one another and there were is no right or wrong way per se. It's all about trying different things and finding the best approach for ourselves.

So how did the 5k go today?

19:55 unofficial see report. Course was long by .1 miles so 3.2 in 20:37
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sun Oct 02, 2011 10:32 am

Sunday Long Run.

7:00am - Beautiful morning to run 17 miles in the trails - mid 50's no
wind! Happen to run with someone I just met at trails who live in my
development who recognized me as the "runner". Normally don't run with
people but we kept pace together for the 17. I knew I could be running
LSD's now at 8:15 but first half was a bit slower. Last 7 where 8:20 or
less avg. 8:26 w/HR of only 150 lowest ever for this type of
run/distance. Overall it felt a bit on the easier side which means I am
in a good place for Hartford in two weeks. This is also coming off a 5k
race yesterday!

This gives me 60 for the first week of taper. I think its a bit lower then I'd like as my avg week is 65 but with the 5k race yesterday it should work out well.

This coming week should hit around 47 with 1 day of good speed work and others GA easy and some strides.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 19 of 22 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next