365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com

+4
nkrichards
Tim C
Mike MacLellan
mountandog
8 posters

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Go down

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 10 Empty Re: Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:18 am

ounce wrote:Well, that's interesting about the trigger for the next sprint.  

So, is there any issue for me to run some 400's on Thursdays?  Say 5-400s w/200 recovery at 10k pace?

That would make weights MWF and speedwork TTh of 100s on Tuesdays and 400s on Thursdays.
Nope.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Feb 17, 2016 2:06 pm

nkrichards wrote:

So, is there any issue for me to run some 400's on Thursdays?  Say 5-400s w/200 recovery at 10k pace?

That would make weights MWF and speedwork TTh of 100s on Tuesdays and 400s on Thursdays.

Nice job on the sprints Doug...both the times and cadence are looking good!

I'd be a bit careful about doing two speed work sessions in the same week.  Especially if you haven't been doing much speed work recently.  I've always been told that you need to be careful not to do too many quality/high intensity runs to close together.

Keep up the good work but be careful!
Yes, ma'am.  I will keep an eye on how the legs are feeling.  This morning, my legs had no residual effects from yesterday's sprints.
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:

Nope.
Thanks, Miche1e.  Now I have to remember what my 10K pace was.  I'll probably start somewhat less than 12, knowing that I should probably start at 11:10.  First time doing 400's probably merits less than 12.  During the marathon training with Team Fit, we would do 400 / 400 on Tuesday and hill work on Thursday for about 4 weeks.

-30-

It was another morning with the weights.  Started out with 5 minutes on the rower, then 50 pounds on each arm for 30 total reps (15 each arm) on tricep press and bicep curl.  Then 3 rounds of 5 reps of 135 pound dead lifts, with a 50 pound overhead press in between each dead lift round.  Followed by:
70 lb 3 sets of 15 each on adductor and abductor machine
70 lb on lateral pull down
20 reps on this jackknife looking reverse sit up machine that works the phase muscles along the spine.  Mike had posted on Mark's blog a couple of weeks ago a picture of the machine.
Then, did 20 reps of goblin squats with a 20 lb kettleball, which was way too light.
After that, I lied on a mat and did 30 leg lifts, child's pose, 2:30 pigeon pose on each side.

So far, it's been a good non-distance week.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:27 am

Last night, I was coming back from church and I felt a non-stabbing pain in that little dimpled area, lateral and lower of the left kneecap.  So, no running today.

I think the pain relates to the squats done yesterday.  Even on my back, I can bend my leg tightly and I'll get the pain.  Must've overdone it.  No swelling.  Pain area is about thumbnail-size.

Tomorrow will be a upper body workout and core.  Any other thoughts as to treatment or afflicted area (muscle, tendon or ligaments)?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:11 pm

ounce wrote:Last night, I was coming back from church and I felt a non-stabbing pain in that little dimpled area, lateral and lower of the left kneecap.  So, no running today.

I think the pain relates to the squats done yesterday.  Even on my back, I can bend my leg tightly and I'll get the pain.  Must've overdone it.  No swelling.  Pain area is about thumbnail-size.

Tomorrow will be a upper body workout and core.  Any other thoughts as to treatment or afflicted area (muscle, tendon or ligaments)?

No! Not you, too! Squats are a good explanation. Glad it's not a "stabbing" pain.

Put some ice on the sore spot. There may actually be a small amount of inflammation. Other than that, as a wise man once told me, chillax and let it recover.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:00 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:Last night, I was coming back from church and I felt a non-stabbing pain in that little dimpled area, lateral and lower of the left kneecap.  So, no running today.

No! Not you, too! Squats are a good explanation. Glad it's not a "stabbing" pain.

Put some ice on the sore spot. There may actually be a small amount of inflammation. Other than that, as a wise man once told me, chillax and let it recover.

Yes, me, too.  I have some frozen peas, specifically for icing things (I like the baby peas, not the big ones).

I've had a change made on my schedule, so I won't be working out tomorrow, too.  I can do core work, though, at home.

I wonder how much doing sprints on Tuesday may have set up this event?  That's a lot of force being placed on the legs.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:27 pm

ounce wrote:I wonder how much doing sprints on Tuesday may have set up this event?  That's a lot of force being placed on the legs.

A lot, probably. A good argument to not stack intense workouts too close together. Did you do weights the day after the sprints? If so, that was probably too soon.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:57 am

Do you have a foam roller or access to one at the gym?  You need to stretch and roll those quads.  I forget sometimes that I've been doing what you are starting to do for years and I still get tight quads, etc.  I roll pretty much daily or I use my R8 from Roll Recovery to really get into my quads which are often my issue.

And for the record, 20 lbs for Goblet Squats is what I use now after several years of doing gym work.  It is funny as I have been working out for several years but I feel like I'm finally reaping the benefits - now.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Feb 19, 2016 11:31 pm

Hope the healing process is going well...
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Feb 22, 2016 8:50 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:I wonder how much doing sprints on Tuesday may have set up this event?  That's a lot of force being placed on the legs.

A lot, probably. A good argument to not stack intense workouts too close together. Did you do weights the day after the sprints? If so, that was probably too soon.
Then, I'm going to have to re-arrange when I do what.  Maybe speedwork on Monday and Friday, then do upper body Th, lower on Tuesday and maybe both on Wednesday.  Or maybe squats on Tuesdays only.  I don't consider dead lifts as a squat.  I wasn't thinking of doing thrusters, but now, it's excluded.
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Do you have a foam roller or access to one at the gym?  You need to stretch and roll those quads.  I forget sometimes that I've been doing what you are starting to do for years and I still get tight quads, etc.  I roll pretty much daily or I use my R8 from Roll Recovery to really get into my quads which are often my issue.

And for the record, 20 lbs for Goblet Squats is what I use now after several years of doing gym work.  It is funny as I have been working out for several years but I feel like I'm finally reaping the benefits - now.
20 pound goblet squats seemed awfully easy to me.  Quads have never been a problem for me.  I started stretching them by sitting on my feet, then leaning back on my arms, then gradually lowering my arms to stretch the quads.
nkrichards wrote:Hope the healing process is going well...
Um, the knee appears to have the same amount of hurt whether I'm walking or trotting.  I didn't run this morning because it was raining and appears to be raining (actually storming) before sunrise.  In addition, a Wind Advisory alert has already been issued to be in effect at noon, tomorrow.  20-40 NW winds is the forecast with gusts to 60 until Wednesday.  Galveston will be a little higher.

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 10 File
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:04 pm

I feel your pain, Ounce. My improvement plateaued this week, so I finally gave up and sent a note to my doctor. He's ordering an MRI, and he told me to avoid weight-bearing exercises. So it looks like I'm now all-in on core work.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:15 am

The storms in the gulf area are all over the news.  Sounds like they are well east of you...I hope so!

Stay safe.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:56 pm

nkrichards wrote:The storms in the gulf area are all over the news.  Sounds like they are well east of you...I hope so!

Stay safe.

Well, those storms are on top of Ohio, Indiana, and the east coast now.  Monsoon weather and it cold too!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:
nkrichards wrote:The storms in the gulf area are all over the news.  Sounds like they are well east of you...I hope so!

Stay safe.

Well, those storms are on top of Ohio, Indiana, and the east coast now.  Monsoon weather and it cold too!
It's a little too far west to be a classic Nor'easter.  Enjoy the ride!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:46 pm

This morning, I ran 3 miles.  While there was some stiffness reaction by the legs, everything settled down and I was huffin' 'n puffin' the last 3/4 of a mile.  The left knee was not an issue.  I wanted to take it easy and just let the legs run at a cadence it wanted, which happened to be 170 and a 12:07 pace.  O-o-o-okay, let's see how far that lasts.  I ran at Memorial Park in 46 degree weather, so the course was on the usual crushed granite.  I knew my HR was elevated, but that's the heart's problem to adapt.  I was concentrating on the bio-mechanics.

3 miles, 36:27, 12:09 pace, 154 avg bpm, 166 max bpm, 169 avg cadence, and 0.78 m avg stride length
1.  12:07, 143 bpm, 168 spm, 79 sl
2.  12:08, 156 bpm, 169 spm, 78 sl
3.  12:11, 162 bpm, 170 spm, 78 sl

The first half of mile 3 had me showing a pace of 12:20, so I went not as slow to bring the pace faster.

So today's question is:  My splits are faster because of the weather and not because of the body.  Once it gets hot again, do I just go faster even when it's warm?
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 pm

ounce wrote:This morning, I ran 3 miles.  While there was some stiffness reaction by the legs, everything settled down and I was huffin' 'n puffin' the last 3/4 of a mile.  The left knee was not an issue.  I wanted to take it easy and just let the legs run at a cadence it wanted, which happened to be 170 and a 12:07 pace.  O-o-o-okay, let's see how far that lasts.  I ran at Memorial Park in 46 degree weather, so the course was on the usual crushed granite.  I knew my HR was elevated, but that's the heart's problem to adapt.  I was concentrating on the bio-mechanics.

3 miles, 36:27, 12:09 pace, 154 avg bpm, 166 max bpm, 169 avg cadence, and 0.78 m avg stride length

The first half of mile 3 had me showing a pace of 12:20, so I went not as slow to bring the pace faster.

So today's question is:  My splits are faster because of the weather and not because of the body.  Once it gets hot again, do I just go faster even when it's warm?

Today's answer is: All other things being equal, you'll probably go slower at higher temperatures. I've found that heat-buildup is the biggest killer of speed over time for me. That's why my best marathon involved near-freezing temperatures at the start and a strip tease after the first few miles as my core temperature rose due to my race-pace effort.

Nice job on the pacing, Tex. And good news on the knee.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:37 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:This morning, I ran 3 miles.  While there was some stiffness reaction by the legs, everything settled down and I was huffin' 'n puffin' the last 3/4 of a mile.  The left knee was not an issue.  I wanted to take it easy and just let the legs run at a cadence it wanted, which happened to be 170 and a 12:07 pace.  O-o-o-okay, let's see how far that lasts.  I ran at Memorial Park in 46 degree weather, so the course was on the usual crushed granite.  I knew my HR was elevated, but that's the heart's problem to adapt.  I was concentrating on the bio-mechanics.

Today's answer is: All other things being equal, you'll probably go slower at higher temperatures. I've found that heat-buildup is the biggest killer of speed over time for me. That's why my best marathon involved near-freezing temperatures at the start and a strip tease after the first few miles as my core temperature rose due to my race-pace effort.

+1 on the pacing as it warms up and the knee progress

Oh and nice splits Doug!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:25 am

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Oh and nice splits Doug!
Thanks, y'all.  I realized during my run, this morning, that less weight will take care of the speed.  I knew that heat would slow me down, regardless.  I'll forget about speed and just get the endurance and more mus-kels.

As the above paragraph mentioned, I ran this morning.  About 8.7 miles.  I was going to run somewhere between 4 and 8.7 miles, kinda figuring on 6.66.  To my discredit, I had an idea during the early part of the run.  I was seeming to be breathing a little heavier and the heart was around 150, but the legs were doing just fine.  In the past, breathing would have a greater influence on how far I would run.  I figured, I guess, that breathing was a foreteller of the legs ability.

So, the idea was to divide the body into the upper half and the lower half.  Upper half has no decision making ability.  Lower half (legs) decide how fast I go and whether I can keep going.  I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but what did I have to lose?  It was different than how I ran in the past.  Legs received data on the upper body.  Upper body was doing well.  Lower body was doing well.  No knee pain, but the right hamstring was not especially chipper on running.  Afterwards, I treated the hamstring to a 30 minute TENS treatment.

Overall pace was 12:46, with the first half being 12:49 and the 2nd half 12:43.  The weather started at 41 degrees and finished at 51, as sunrise was 30 minutes into my run.  I overdressed just a bit, but not badly.  I stopped twice to pee and once for water.  About mile six, I could've stopped, but I was at the wrong place in the route, so I had to keep going.  It wasn't so difficult.  Had the upper half had been in control, I probably would've turned around at 3.33 miles.

It was a little odd doing it that way, because the upper half anticipates and protects.  I'll edit for splits, once I upload the data.  Next week is weights and speed.  Speed will be some 400's.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sun Feb 28, 2016 1:37 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:

Oh and nice splits Doug!
Thanks, y'all.  I realized during my run, this morning, that less weight will take care of the speed.  I knew that heat would slow me down, regardless.  I'll forget about speed and just get the endurance and more mus-kels.

As the above paragraph mentioned, I ran this morning.  About 8.7 miles.  I was going to run somewhere between 4 and 8.7 miles, kinda figuring on 6.66.  To my discredit, I had an idea during the early part of the run.  I was seeming to be breathing a little heavier and the heart was around 150, but the legs were doing just fine.  In the past, breathing would have a greater influence on how far I would run.  I figured, I guess, that breathing was a foreteller of the legs ability.

So, the idea was to divide the body into the upper half and the lower half.  Upper half has no decision making ability.  Lower half (legs) decide how fast I go and whether I can keep going.  I don't know if it was a good idea or not, but what did I have to lose?  It was different than how I ran in the past.  Legs received data on the upper body.  Upper body was doing well.  Lower body was doing well.  No knee pain, but the right hamstring was not especially chipper on running.  Afterwards, I treated the hamstring to a 30 minute TENS treatment.

Overall pace was 12:46, with the first half being 12:49 and the 2nd half 12:43.  The weather started at 41 degrees and finished at 51, as sunrise was 30 minutes into my run.  I overdressed just a bit, but not badly.  I stopped twice to pee and once for water.  About mile six, I could've stopped, but I was at the wrong place in the route, so I had to keep going.  It wasn't so difficult.  Had the upper half had been in control, I probably would've turned around at 3.33 miles.

It was a little odd doing it that way, because the upper half anticipates and protects.  I'll edit for splits, once I upload the data.  Next week is weights and speed.  Speed will be some 400's.

At this point in your running career, there's not much harm in mixing things up a bit. I mean, as long as you're not winding out your heart rate all the time, of course. Save the near-maximum efforts for speed days.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Mar 01, 2016 11:25 am

Hard to think that I've had a 'running career,' but I guess I have.  I won't completely disconnect the two halves, but the upper half is a minority partner.

-30-

Yesterday, I went to the track and did a mile warmup followed by 3-400's with a 200 recovery.  Splits were about 2:08, 2:10, and 2:13.  I wasn't hoofing it, like I was with the 100's, two weeks ago.  It was 61 degrees with a dewpoint of 60.  No knee pain.

This morning, since it's weights and wheels week, was weight lifting.  When I did dead lifts, the first lift caused a little pain on the same left, lateral of the knee cap area.  I adjusted my stance a bit and had no further trouble.  Two hours after weights, I noticed a little bit of swelling there.  Not much, but it's enough for me to notice when comparing the right to the left. 

Since I did not look at my knees yesterday after the 400's, I don't know if the swelling was there prior to this morning's weights.  So, what I'm going to change is to drop dead lifts and weighted squats from the routine for a while.  It also could be that I'm not walking around as much as I used to because I sit, when I record.

So, I'll see how it goes and begin ruling out things that may be causing the swelling.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Mar 01, 2016 12:16 pm

I agree with Mark...you're in the midst of a running career.

Nice job on the 400's.  Did you track your cadence?  I'm impressed with the improvement you've made since.

Good plan to keep a close eye on that knee.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Mar 03, 2016 12:47 pm

Well, Nancy, thanks.  I am trying. 

Let me take care of old business, first.
Last Saturday, Feb 27, I ran 8.74 miles with temps around 47 at the start and 52 when I finished.  The cadence was 170.  This was "the lower half of the body controls when the body stops" run.

8.74 miles, 1:51:37, 12:47 pace, 149 avg bpm, 165 max bpm during mile 9, 169 avg cadence, 0.74 m avg stride length, 1st half pace 12:49, 2nd half pace 12:45
1.  13:02, 140 bpm, 169 spm, 73 sl
2.  12:54, 146 bpm, 170 spm, 74 sl
3.  12:42, 148 bpm, 169 spm, 75 sl
4.  12:40, 153 bpm, 170 spm, 75 sl
5.  12:42, 152 bpm, 169 spm, 75 sl
6.  12:50, 151 bpm, 169 spm, 74 sl
7.  12:50, 154 bpm, 169 spm, 74 sl
8.  12:49, 156 bpm, 170 spm, 74 sl
9.  12:26 pace, 162 bpm, 169 spm, 76 sl

No knee pain and it went well.

Monday, February 29 - speed work.  I went to the middle school 400m track and warmed up with 6 laps.  The idea was to switch from 100m sprints to 400s with a 200 recovery.  I didn't know if the 100s caused or exacerbated the left knee pain, but it was prudent to move on to 400m runs. 

It was 61 degrees with a dewpoint of 60.  The HR was not accurately recording, but I'll put them in as a joke.  Nancy, the cadence is also included.  I had my gnome with me, chirping out a 170 cadence, but my feets were going faster, so I turned off the gnome.  I did 3-400s with a 200 recovery.  I was really beginning to tire near the end of the 3rd 400, so that's why I only did 3.  On this day, I had no knee pain.

1.  2:08:1, 11:15 pace, 60 bpm, 180 spm, 79 sl
2.  2:10:6, 11:25 pace, 65 bpm, 174 spm, 81 sl
3.  2:13.1, 11:47 pace, 83 bpm, 174 spm, 79 sl

Tuesday, March 1 was weights.  During the dead lift, I experience a very small amount of pain in the same place, the left and lateral of the patellar ligament on the left knee...that dimpled area below and left & right of the kneecap.  It swelled a noticeable amount and was a cause for careful observation.  Humorously, I found that if I put a finger on both sides of the dimpled area and pressed down on one side, the other side rose.  There was less pain, than 2 weeks ago.

Wednesday, Texas Independence Day - I was going to do weights, but I didn't feel up to it.

Today, March 3 - I decided to do speed work today, as a result of doing nothing yesterday, and lift on Friday.  This way, I was rested and I didn't have to be concerned about missing a run on Friday, if I lifted today.  This way, I get to do both and have the weekend to recover.

Because I wanted to rule out possible causes of the knee pain, I decided to run at Memorial Park on the 3 mile loop, just in case the turns at the track caused something.  The 3 mile loop at Memorial Park has 1/4 mile markers in both directions, so instead of 400s, it's 440s.

It was 67 degrees with a 66 dewpoint with a pretty nice, but steady 15 mph south wind that was a headwind for the warm up mile.  I had no knee pain during the run whatsoever, however my right hamstring took the mile to settle down.  Measuring a 220 recovery was estimated and I seemed to rely on the HR recovery mark of 110 bpm that appeared to be around 220 yards.  I re-started the next 440 at the finish of the prior 440 (a 220 loop recovery).

I did 5-440s, with the 5th one after an extended rest period.
1.  2:36.6, 10:33 pace, 160 bpm, 181 spm, 84 sl
2.  2:27.9, 9:56 pace, 124 bpm, 179 spm, 91 sl
3.  2:31.0, 10:19 pace, 163 bpm, 183 spm, 85 sl
4.  2:27:7, 9:48 pace, 93 bpm, 182 spm, 90 sl
5.  2:36:6, 10:36 pace, 59 bpm, 179 spm, 84 sl

The HR on the 3rd one was accurate.  During the fourth 440, the HR really ramped up, I know it was in the 170's.  Max HR on the 3rd one was 182.  On the good side, there was no knee pain.  For the 5th one, I was walking along the path to another 1/4 mile marker (going the other direction) and decided to run, so that made up the 5th with an extended rest period.

Overall, I was pleased with the effort, especially since the times were much better than Monday's times.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:34 pm

I saw on FB in the ultra group Tejas Trails, which puts on many ultra races in Texas, has a discount code for Salt Stick products.  I haven't tried Salt Stick, but the cater to cyclists and runners.  Until March 12, you can get 25% off when you put in the code 'tejas25' online.  Here's the website http://saltstick.com/products/sscaps/cfeatures.htm

It looks to be similar to S!Caps.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Mar 03, 2016 11:32 pm

ounce wrote:I saw on FB in the ultra group Tejas Trails, which puts on many ultra races in Texas, has a discount code for Salt Stick products.  I haven't tried Salt Stick, but the cater to cyclists and runners.  Until March 12, you can get 25% off when you put in the code 'tejas25' online.  Here's the website http://saltstick.com/products/sscaps/cfeatures.htm

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 10 96509510

Similar to SOMETHING, anyway...

180 spm!! Woot! Move those feet!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:00 am

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:I saw on FB in the ultra group Tejas Trails, which puts on many ultra races in Texas, has a discount code for Salt Stick products.  I haven't tried Salt Stick, but the cater to cyclists and runners.  Until March 12, you can get 25% off when you put in the code 'tejas25' online.  Here's the website http://saltstick.com/products/sscaps/cfeatures.htm

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 10 96509510

Similar to SOMETHING, anyway...

180 spm!! Woot! Move those feet!
mmmm, salt.

Well, I guess that 180 spm shows that I can turnover that fast.  Now, what if I can do that over a longer distance?!?  Hmmm.

-30-

Yesterday, I went to lift weights.  I lifted mostly upper body, plus the adductor & abductor machine.  THEN, I went to the Leg Press machine, which looks exactly like the machine below.  I wanted to see if I could use that machine, instead of dead lifts.  Set at 150 pounds, I pushed it once and received feedback from that spot in my left knee of, "Yes, keep doing it if you want to not run anymore."  Next time (in two weeks), I'm going to lighten the weight to 20 pounds below protestation to see if some weight will help the knee.

Monday begins a running week.

Voice Cat LLC & voice-cat.com - Page 10 Th?&id=OIP.Ma96db48a6ed6e06e8326204c8422511co0&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:02 pm

You really have learned to move those feet!  Impressive.

Careful with that knee though.  Don't make it angry with you.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 41 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 25 ... 41  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum