365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Marathon corral assignments?

4 posters

Go down

Chicago Marathon corral assignments? Empty Chicago Marathon corral assignments?

Post  fostever Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:36 pm

Does anyone who is registered for BOA know when the corral assignments are being released? All I find is "participants will be notified by e-mail." I see Aug 25 as a cut off day. All I see is a couple dashes next to the assignment box in athlete center.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Chicago Marathon corral assignments? Empty Re: Chicago Marathon corral assignments?

Post  Michael Enright Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:29 am

BACM originally promised corral assignments by Aug. 1.  On Aug. 1 they posted that they'd have them up within two weeks. Now, when you search the website, you'll find somewhere a promise that they will be notifying people by email when these are up. Not sure what the problem is, but clearly they've been having one. I have not received any email yet, and my corral assignment shows as yours does (as does my friend who I am running this with).
Patience, I guess.
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Chicago Marathon corral assignments? Empty Re: Chicago Marathon corral assignments?

Post  fostever Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:20 am

Michael Enright wrote:BACM originally promised corral assignments by Aug. 1.  On Aug. 1 they posted that they'd have them up within two weeks. Now, when you search the website, you'll find somewhere a promise that they will be notifying people by email when these are up. Not sure what the problem is, but clearly they've been having one. I have not received any email yet, and my corral assignment shows as yours does (as does my friend who I am running this with).
Patience, I guess.
thanks, yeah, just needed to hear if i was w/ the majority, so apparently everyone got the same issue.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:47 am

Foster dude you are in corral A. Just updated them today
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:43 am

Like Schuey said, the assignments are up.

I qualified for D but asked to be put in E, with my buddy Steve, and they screwed up and left me in D. I've asked to be pushed back to E. Hopefully, they'll do so, because the news this year is that you can't just move back a corral on your own.

It's crazy that the deadline to seek reassignment is still this coming Tuesday, despite the fact that they were four weeks late in making the corral assignments!
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Michael Enright wrote:Like Schuey said, the assignments are up.

I qualified for D but asked to be put in E, with my buddy Steve, and they screwed up and left me in D. I've asked to be pushed back to E. Hopefully, they'll do so, because the news this year is that you can't just move back a corral on your own.

It's crazy that the deadline to seek reassignment is still this coming Tuesday, despite the fact that they were four weeks late in making the corral assignments!

So they are not letting go back on your own?? What happens if you show up late and miss your corrals start?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Enright Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:50 pm

Nick: I'm not sure how they will handle late folks, but here is an excerpt from the FAQ on the BACM website:

"Can I switch from one start corral to another on race day?
No, all participants must start in their assigned start corral on race day. Unlike previous years, you cannot move back to a later start corral on race day. All start corral changes must be made prior to the August 25, 2014 deadline."
Michael Enright
Michael Enright
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down