365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vancouver HM (August 23)

4 posters

Go down

Vancouver HM  (August 23) Empty Vancouver HM (August 23)

Post  mountandog Thu Jan 23, 2014 12:34 pm

Anybody know anything about this race?  I know Vancouver.  Great city.  Does this sell out immediately?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Vancouver HM  (August 23) Empty Re: Vancouver HM (August 23)

Post  Jerry Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:18 am

Oh, that place is beautiful ...
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:09 pm

Don't know how fast it will sell out but that's a beautiful route.  Most of it is along the seawall path on Stanley Island and then over and back on the bridge and past Granville Island.  Very cool tour of the city.  Won't be a fast course and much of it is on a somewhat narrow path so crowding might be an issue early too.  They don't even do corral placement or AG awards so running fast is not the focus of this event.  So I'd forget shooting for a PR or anything like that but WELL WORTH a visit there and the course will be spectacular.  Do a seaplane ride the day before - terminal is right there at the start/finish - and you'll get an overview of everywhere you are going to run.   Vancouver is awesome.  I'd love to go back there again.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:32 pm

I know you can smoke dope there!
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Schuey wrote:I know you can smoke dope there!
Chelsea wants to run it.  Can't publicly condone that behavior for my daughter   Mad
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:35 pm

Chris M wrote:Don't know how fast it will sell out but that's a beautiful route.  Most of it is along the seawall path on Stanley Island and then over and back on the bridge and past Granville Island.  Very cool tour of the city.  Won't be a fast course and much of it is on a somewhat narrow path so crowding might be an issue early too.  They don't even do corral placement or AG awards so running fast is not the focus of this event.  So I'd forget shooting for a PR or anything like that but WELL WORTH a visit there and the course will be spectacular.  Do a seaplane ride the day before - terminal is right there at the start/finish - and you'll get an overview of everywhere you are going to run.   Vancouver is awesome.  I'd love to go back there again.
sounds like you ran it Chris.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down