365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2:47:59

+8
fostever
Chris M
mul21
Jerry
Ben Z
Michele "1L" Keane
Dave-O
Admin
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

2:47:59 - Page 2 Empty Re: 2:47:59

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:29 am

Mr MattM wrote:I've run 10 days straight, and managed 13 today (7 and 6)... I have a non-impacting (running-wise) back pain and a swollen right foot joint on my big toe.  Isn't this running stuff just fantastic?  Yes, yes it is... Running

Nice!! When is your next scheduled day off?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am

Nick Morris wrote:
Mr MattM wrote:I've run 10 days straight, and managed 13 today (7 and 6)... I have a non-impacting (running-wise) back pain and a swollen right foot joint on my big toe.  Isn't this running stuff just fantastic?  Yes, yes it is... Running
I don't get days off... at least not scheduled ones. I'll skip a day if I have to, but otherwise, I run. This weekend will be interesting because I am doing some training at a campsite. It starts at 7am Friday morning and ends at 5pm Sunday evening. I can get up early Friday and log a few miles before heading out to the campsite, but I'm not sure what my schedule is going to look like the rest of the weekend. I plan to take my running clothes/shoes, and run when I can, then just hand rinse them and hang 'em out to dry until the next time I can run... it will be interesting to see how that all works out.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:16 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:
I don't get days off... at least not scheduled ones.  I'll skip a day if I have to, but otherwise, I run.  This weekend will be interesting because I am doing some training at a campsite.  It starts at 7am Friday morning and ends at 5pm Sunday evening.  I can get up early Friday and log a few miles before heading out to the campsite, but I'm not sure what my schedule is going to look like the rest of the weekend.  I plan to take my running clothes/shoes, and run when I can, then just hand rinse them and hang 'em out to dry until the next time I can run... it will be interesting to see how that all works out.
Huh, fair enough...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:46 pm

Interesting weekend... not much running, but...

I spent 3 days (Fri-Sun) at Camp Naish, a local Boy Scout reservation, going through some advanced training. The weather was hot. Damn hot. The training was from sun up until about 10pm, with only limited breaks throughout the program. The only times to run were before sunrise and after 10pm. The only places to run were hard packed gravel trails through densely wooded areas... and a large parking lot.

Late Friday night I went for a run. I cruised up and around some of the wider trails, doing a few loops back and forth where I knew I would not get confused/lost... I carried a small LED light that illuminated just enough for me to feel good about my footing, but not so much that it lit up the whole path. The run went fine.

I got up early Sat morning (5am) to go for a morning run... still dark out. This time, I decided to take some turns onto some narrower trails and not paying careful attention to the close proximity of tree limbs on the right and left... I ran stright through a full-size spider web that hit me from head to waist and from left to right arms... YUCK! Of course, I did the spider web dance where I flailed around doing brushing motions hoping there wasn't some big-assed hairy spider about to crawl on my face or neck! Once I was satisfied that I wasn't spider infested, I continued my run in a much more cautious fashion, slowing at the narrow spots and looking for webs. Indeed, I happened upon 2 more large webs that ran across the trails, this time dodging around them so as not to repeat the harrowing experience. Once I made it back to camp, I decided I'd probably not run the trails again... in the dark.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum