365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

One Step at a Time

+3
Mark B
ounce
Natalie63
7 posters

Go down

One Step at a Time Empty One Step at a Time

Post  Natalie63 Fri Apr 19, 2013 9:40 pm

I'm trying. I'm REALLY trying.
I coach a Girls on Track team (middle school of Girls on the Run), so I know I need to set a good running example. But man, is it hard for me these days!
I joke that yes, I still run, but now I run a normal amount of miles, like, you know, a normal person.
But, I confess, I do miss it.

So. I'm coming back.
This morning I got dressed to run and put on my 2007 NYCM jacket and went outside. I turned on the "90's Pop" station on Pandora and ran 3.4 miles without stopping. Was it kismet that I heard "I Ran" by A Flock of Seagulls? I say yes, since it's NOT EVEN A 90's SONG, PANDORA!

_____
Well, this is where I was going to post the video, but the mean forum administrators say no outside links posted by newbies for 7 days. This is my punishment for forgetting my password!

Natalie63
Natalie63

http://www.lonewolfinthevillage.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

One Step at a Time Empty Re: One Step at a Time

Post  ounce Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 pm

Nice going, young lady.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:08 pm

Normal is so overrated.

Great to have you back running like a nut, and also blogging again. Very Happy

I found the video I think you wanted to post. So not 1990s. Wow. I feel old! (Catchy tune, though.)

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:29 am

Yep. That's the one! Thanks Mark.
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:58 pm

Hey! Glad you are back.

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm glad you are back too councilwoman. Vivian and I were reminiscing about NY on Monday and how we had such a different experience that you - and it was because we were in the back in Boston and there were an endless amount of cups!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:53 pm

I just printed the Hal Higdon NOVICE HALF-MARATHON training program. I may not be a novice, but I just need to ease back into running on a schedule, without dealing with the pressure of feeling like a failure if I run less than 5 miles. Because, frankly, with that mindset, I've been feeling like a running failure for the last 18 months. I'll have to make some adjustments since I still workout with my trainer twice a week and I don't think I''m ready to run on my workout days. I'm not a complete disaster in terms of fitness, but nor am I a specimen of peak fitness either.

There are 3 half-marathons I've got my eye on: Little Miami Half-Marathon (August 18th), State-to-State (Sept. 29), and the Nationwide Columbus Half-Marathon (October 20th). I've run the second two before, and the first is somewhat new. Obviously, I've got some time before August 18th, so I plan on working through the training plan just to get back in running shape, and then, hopefully, stepping it up. Elections are in November, so I should be all set to focus on that after October's race. If I win, then I can train for the Thanksgiving Day Race (10K).

I do have a little race coming up on May 11th. This is my fourth year coaching a Girls on Track team and our 5k is in a few weeks. In fact, I just bought 42 yards of tulle to make 14 tutus for the girls to wear on race day. We may not be fast, but we will be stylish!
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Sat Apr 20, 2013 4:59 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I'm glad you are back too councilwoman. Vivian and I were reminiscing about NY on Monday and how we had such a different experience that you - and it was because we were in the back in Boston and there were an endless amount of cups!

Really? You were in the back at Boston? If I had run, then I would have been in the waaaaayyyyy back. It is a completely different experiece when you are running through other peoples garbage. In New York, there wasn't even any toilet paper left on Staten Island at the start!
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt W Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:06 pm

Hi Natalie,

Glad to see you back posting and running. I know what you mean about the slacker feeling. Hopefully, we can overcome that and be successful with our programs. I had to keep reminding myself that running is something I'm supposed to enjoy and not stress over because of not measuring up to what I used to do. It takes time and consistency.

Keep up the running, and of course, all the good you do in city gov't and GOT.
Matt W
Matt W
Poster
Poster

http://www.redrockrunningcompany.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Colleen Sat Apr 20, 2013 6:45 pm

I'm right there with you on the slacker feeling, Natalie. I was just commenting today that I haven't run more than maybe 3 or 4 miles (and maybe only a few times) since October. Good for you for getting back into it - I'll be joining you on the "easing back in" in a few weeks' time, when life settles down a bit.

Happy running!
Colleen
Colleen

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:34 pm

Starting with a half marathon plan sounds like a good choice, Natalie. Lots of possible races, too.

You're already up for re-election? Yipes! Time flies.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:13 am

Not a good week for running. On Monday I started feeling like I was coming down with something, but I went ahead and ran 3 miles. By Tuesday I was in bed with the mother of all colds and a fever. That's where I stayed for 3 days. Not to be completely unproductive, I did manage to spend my time negotiating a deal to buy a new 2014 Ford Escape. I had planned to do this anyway, so don't start thinking that I'm dangerous when I have too much time on my hands! Anyway, I will start again from the beginning of the program this week, and I'm going to try to get out for a long walk today. My cold has diminished to the point of being congested and an ugly sounding cough, so I don't want to run until I can get some oxygen into my lungs. Have a great running week!

Here is my new car. Yes, it is red. Hopefully it will come in before July since we now have 5 drivers, but only 3 cars. My 16 year old daughter has already called dibs on the BMW convertible. Razz
http://www.autoblog.com/2011/11/16/2013-ford-escape-la-2011/

(I have no idea how to host an image)
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 pm

Week 1 of the Not Really Training for Anything Specific Half-Marathon Plan in the books. I ran exactly as prescribed, plus a little more. I decided to challenge myself by running every day in May, so I ran short distances on the rest days. Yes, that meant I ran 1 mile on Friday (strides on the treadmill), but it counts.

16 miles for the week. It may be a record for the year! Week 2 is identical to week 1.

I capped off this week by cheering the runners in the Flying Pig this morning. Jenny Ort saw me at Mile 24 which was fun. She completely caught me off guard, since I wasn't expecting to see anyone I knew -- but she recognized me from my Facebook posts about wearing Girls on the Run gear and tutus, I guess, and she came right up and introduced herself! Watching the runners made me nostalgic for marathoning and although the Pig is my nemesis, I think I may have to climb those hills again.

Last edited by Natalie63 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun May 05, 2013 10:16 pm

NIce effort! Hope you can continue to run, injury free.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Fri May 31, 2013 10:37 pm

Still running!
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri May 31, 2013 11:14 pm

Good! Still on track for the half?
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Natalie63 Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:44 pm

Mark B wrote:Good! Still on track for the half?
Yes, except that I don't have any particular half scheduled just yet. Still running... (Also running for re-election).
Natalie63
Natalie63

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down