365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Registration is killing me

+11
Schuey
Bob
JohnP
GregC
Liz R
Michael Enright
Jerry
Nick Morris
fostever
Michele "1L" Keane
mountandog
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Chicago Registration is killing me - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago Registration is killing me

Post  mountandog Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:31 pm

All lottery entries in! We shall see.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Chicago Registration is killing me - Page 2 Empty Re: Chicago Registration is killing me

Post  Admin Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:03 am

I entered the lottery... just so I could take someone else's slot and then not register...

Evil or Very Mad

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:02 am

If you think registration is killing, you haven't seen anything yet. Look forward to your reports in October. lol!

But I will be there in 2015.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:44 am

wish I knew the odds of all 5 of us getting in. They should have let us bundle the group. One for all, all for one. That way they wouldn't potentially be wasting any spots. What do ya figure, 20-25k applicants for 15k spots? I have no idea.

The logistics of getting all of us trained, there and paying for it all is a bit mind numbing. There could be some interesting stories along the way. If we all do get in I might just have to start a "Chicago Bound Family" blog.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:29 pm

mountandog wrote:wish I knew the odds of all 5 of us getting in. They should have let us bundle the group. One for all, all for one. That way they wouldn't potentially be wasting any spots. What do ya figure, 20-25k applicants for 15k spots? I have no idea.

The logistics of getting all of us trained, there and paying for it all is a bit mind numbing. There could be some interesting stories along the way. If we all do get in I might just have to start a "Chicago Bound Family" blog.

I like the idea of a family blog. Best of luck!
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Mar 07, 2013 3:18 pm

Now a family blog would be fun, Michael. Are you by chance headed to Atlanta for the half on the 17th??? Just wondering. Maybe I'll run into Jill - hope she is doing well.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:43 pm

Not coming to ATL to defend unfortunately. I'll be in Nashville for a wedding and plugging out a 16 miler. Not sure if Jill is running or not, if yes, I'll post it here. She is going to run BOS however. I think same goal as you. Something below 4:00. She hasn't been able to run a marathon in a couple of years due to injury, so she's just coming back around.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:54 pm

mountandog wrote:Not coming to ATL to defend unfortunately. I'll be in Nashville for a wedding and plugging out a 16 miler. Not sure if Jill is running or not, if yes, I'll post it here. She is going to run BOS however. I think same goal as you. Something below 4:00. She hasn't been able to run a marathon in a couple of years due to injury, so she's just coming back around.

Glad to hear she will be at Boston. I know that she had a tough time over the last couple of years with injuries as we used to workout in the same gym and run into each other a lot. Hopefully, I'll see her there.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:21 pm

I have been selected to participate in the 2013 Chicago Marathon... and I have until Thursday to complete registeration.

Damn. Shocked

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:25 pm

Me too, I wonder how many actually entered the lottery.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:31 pm

5 of 6 in so far.

Me, Chelsea, Trevor, Madeline, Lucy > now we're just waiting on Gaby. fingers crossed. If she doesn't get in I'm gonna send a sob story to the RD to try and get her in. Would be sad to just have one not participate.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:30 pm

all right.

6 out of 6. We're all in. At least those 18 and older cheers
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Wed Mar 13, 2013 12:09 pm

Glad you all got in! Sounds like a great family experience. Very Happy
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:53 pm

mountandog wrote:all right.

Fun!!! When does the family blog begin??? It would be very cool to hear about everyone's different training eith the range in ages and abilities (of course you are all pretty fast).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:08 am

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:

Fun!!! When does the family blog begin??? It would be very cool to hear about everyone's different training eith the range in ages and abilities (of course you are all pretty fast).

I'll get it set up in the next few days.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Thu Mar 14, 2013 10:16 am

Awesome!
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:05 am

mountandog wrote:

Am I included? lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:35 am

Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:

Am I included? lol!

are you over 18?
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu Mar 14, 2013 12:09 pm

mountandog wrote:
Jerry wrote:
mountandog wrote:

Am I included? lol!

are you over 18?

18-34, since I BQ'd in that division. I earned it. lol!
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2