365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Running in Paris

5 posters

Go down

Running in Paris Empty Running in Paris

Post  mountandog Fri Feb 15, 2013 11:24 pm

OK y'all I need your help. Anyone ever run in Paris before? I've been many times and know the city pretty well, however that was well before my running days. I remember lots of streets, lots of corner, lots of people and lots of streetlights. I can't think of a spot where I can get in 18. If anything I envision, a lot of 100 yard jogs interrupted by all of the previous. Ugh!! Anyone have any experience running there? Not finding much looking online. Get to spend a couple of days with daughter #2 (Madeline) who is there doing a semester abroad. Very Happy So there is some benefit.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Running in Paris Empty Re: Running in Paris

Post  wrichman Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:25 pm

found these:

http://www.runnersworld.com/where-run/running-away-paris-france?page=single

http://www.bootsnall.com/articles/09-10/running-in-paris-a-guide-to-scenic-trails-and-special-advice-for-the-city.html
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:54 pm

I ran down by the river on the quai (I think it is called), around Notre Dame, and through the Tuillerie Garden when I was there last, but only about 8 miles. Whitney's suggestions look good and I would also check out mapmyrun.com. I have found good routes on that website. Have fun and I am very jealous.

(My daughter wants to go next Spring abroad in either Sydney, Hamilton, NZ, or Dublin - can't wait).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:26 pm

1) Get to the Seine River and run along it (check the map first to be sure there is a road)

2) Look up the Paris marathon (shameless plug for a most fun marathon) and try to run their route. WHile they have a section that would be hard as it's through the city, they also have a long section in the woods on a trail.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:37 pm

thanks for the tips.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:42 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I ran down by the river on the quai (I think it is called), around Notre Dame, and through the Tuillerie Garden when I was there last, but only about 8 miles. Whitney's suggestions look good and I would also check out mapmyrun.com. I have found good routes on that website. Have fun and I am very jealous.

(My daughter wants to go next Spring abroad in either Sydney, Hamilton, NZ, or Dublin - can't wait).

Quick hijack - I'd recommend she goes somewhere where English isn't the main language. Of those, Dublin would be the closest. But that experience is worth having. Very humbling.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:59 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:
Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I ran down by the river on the quai (I think it is called), around Notre Dame, and through the Tuillerie Garden when I was there last, but only about 8 miles. Whitney's suggestions look good and I would also check out mapmyrun.com. I have found good routes on that website. Have fun and I am very jealous.

Quick hijack - I'd recommend she goes somewhere where English isn't the main language. Of those, Dublin would be the closest. But that experience is worth having. Very humbling.

I second Dublin.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:22 pm

Thanks for all the advice. I did the promenade a couple of times which was interesting. During my long run I went to Bois de Vincennes and ran around the Chateau de Vincennes. I've been to Paris 20 times and had never been there so it was worthwhile. Ran down the Seine, past Notre Dame and some other sites. Actual time on my feet was extended by about 20 minutes as I had to often stop to look at maps and get reoriented. Weather was cold from a tourist perspective, but nice to run. High 20's. Great to see daughter #2.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down