365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The adventures of the FUPA Part 1: Turkey Trot

+15
Bob
ounce
Julie
Joel H
KathyK
Alex Kubacki
Liz R
Michele "1L" Keane
Erin
fostever
Mark B
carleenp
Mike MacLellan
Nick Morris
Mrs. Schuey
19 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

The adventures of the FUPA Part 1: Turkey Trot - Page 2 Empty Re: The adventures of the FUPA Part 1: Turkey Trot

Post  fostever Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:25 am

Lisa, I'm sure they were looking in the stroller saying to themselves, "what a beautiful child!" Good to hear you're out there rockin and rollin on the path. It must be that much harder pushing the stroller, too. Hang in there, before you know it you'll be back to pre-baby days.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

The adventures of the FUPA Part 1: Turkey Trot - Page 2 Empty Re: The adventures of the FUPA Part 1: Turkey Trot

Post  Mike MacLellan Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:01 pm

Lisa, those voices in your head are just that; voices in YOUR OWN HEAD! I know you already know this, but I think the responses here are definitely confirming it for you. Like Michele said, it took 40 weeks of your body's complete, focused energy to allow your baby to come into the world. It could take 40 for it to get back. In the meantime, you have a new blessing, a beautiful girl born to amazing parents.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:35 pm

fostever wrote:Lisa, I'm sure they were looking in the stroller saying to themselves, "what a beautiful child!" Good to hear you're out there rockin and rollin on the path. It must be that much harder pushing the stroller, too. Hang in there, before you know it you'll be back to pre-baby days.

Seriously. When I see a new baby I'm definitely not thinking "wow I'm glad I'm in good shape and don't have a baby"
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Sep 18, 2012 1:30 pm

Julie wrote:
fostever wrote:Lisa, I'm sure they were looking in the stroller saying to themselves, "what a beautiful child!" Good to hear you're out there rockin and rollin on the path. It must be that much harder pushing the stroller, too. Hang in there, before you know it you'll be back to pre-baby days.

Seriously. When I see a new baby I'm definitely not thinking "wow I'm glad I'm in good shape and don't have a baby"

Exactly!!!!!!! (However, when my sister comes to visit I do say, "Wow, I'm glad that I don't have a 6 yr old". See what you have to look forward to. Wink )
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Joel H Tue Sep 18, 2012 2:21 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:
Julie wrote:

Exactly!!!!!!! (However, when my sister comes to visit I do say, "Wow, I'm glad that I don't have a 6 yr old". See what you have to look forward to. Wink )

Ok I just spit out my drink on that one....because I have a 6 yr old!! Thanks for the laugh Michele.

Lisa - Glad you got out there girl. That is more than half the battle. You will make it, just keep getting out there and doing something. Every day counts and makes a difference. I agree with everyone else, it takes 40 weeks to make your precious one, it will take some time to get back there.

One piece of advice, create small goals each week to get you to the bigger goal. Like getting outside 3 times a week even if it is just walking her around in the stroller. Then expand on that, hope this helps.
Joel H
Joel H
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:50 am

KathyK wrote:Welcome back! Kristina is BEAUTIFUL! I know that you and Martin are enjoying your life with her...you can see the love in your family in every picture!

You and I are on opposite ends of the mommy continuum. You just gave birth to a beautiful daughter. My beautiful daughter just got engaged. But we both have running challenges ahead. You, because your body has been through all of the changes of pregnancy and childbirth. Me, because, well, I'm old. But we are both up to the challenges! Like others have said, just don't be too tough on yourself, be realistic and your fitness level will return before you know it!

Ditto what Kathy said!

Take it slow and you will be back in no time!
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  Chris M Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:31 am

Hey, I just booked my flight for Chicago so I'm finally going to meet this baby in a few weeks. Yea! Looking forward to seeing you guys and hanging out.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Thank you everyone for your continued encouragement and support! I'm taking it all to heart and appreciate all of you for your kindness!

The training begins officially tomorrow!!! I received my plan and I have my first run of 50 - 60 minutes and I couldn't be more excited! My amazing and wonderful husband surprised me with 3 pairs of new shoes: My Mizuno Wave Rider 15's, Adidas Adios and the New Balance RC 1400. He is a really great support and I love him dearly. Martin, you rock!

We were at DWD this past weekend and it was great to see some good friends and be around the running vibe. I'm looking forward to running it next year!

I will post how my run goes tomorrow. I have a new playlist all ready to go!

Radioactive by Imagine Dragons
Someone Anyone by Anberlin
Lighters by Bad Meets Evil
Best Thing I Never Had by Beyonce
Without You by David Guetta & Usher
What Doesn't Kill You by Kelly Clarkston
Use Somebody by Kings of Leon
Linkin Park's newest album
Over You by Miranda Lambert
Mumford and Sons album
Just A Dream by Nelly
Fucking Perfect by P!nk
Blow Me (One Last Kiss) by P!nk
Try by P!nk
I'll Be Missing You by Puff Daddy & Faith Evans
California King Bed by Rihanna
We Found Love by Rihanna
Here and Now by Seether
Cowboy In Me by Tim McGraw
Eminem's Recovery album

I'm sure I'll add more, but that's what I have so far.

Thanks for reading!! bounce

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:18 pm

First and foremost...I had to change the title of my blog because my FUPA was bouncing when I ran and it was annoying. Razz lol!

Ok, so today was my first run since I had our baby 8 weeks ago. I have to be honest, I was thinking it would be really hard. It turns out, that the run was easier than I thought it would be! Don't get me wrong, I was really dragging, but I didn't walk once - I ran the full time. The only bummer is that I accidentally went off of elapsed time and not overall time...I'm not used to running in time, only in miles. Typically, I'd go out for a 3 miler, 5 miler, etc., but today it was between 20 - 25 minutes. The elapsed time had me at 26 minutes and the total time had me at 22. I fell within the range, though, so that's good.

My joints definitely felt the 204 pounds, but the only thing I focused on was that today was the hardest day. The first run back is the hardest and I'll only get lighter from here on out, which means it will only get easier from here on out.

The temp was 74 degrees when I was out there and it felt great to sweat again!

I ran 1.73 miles in 22:32
Mile 1: 12:42
Mile .73: 13:25

Tomorrow is an off day, but this is what my schedule looks like this week:

Monday: OFF
Tuesday 20-25 minute Easy Run
Wednesday: OFF
Thursday: 20-25 minute Easy Run
Friday: OFF
Saturday: 20-25 minute Easy Run
Sunday: Long, Steady Run: 30-40 minutes

I'm looking forward to Thursday already! bounce
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:06 pm

Woohoo! I can relate some with you, Lisa. Coming off injury has been pretty hard, and honestly, I know why people give up. Until the last two days, I was ready to myself. Keep up the good work and it will come back, I promise (of course, I keep promising myself the same thing).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:32 pm

I'm sorry, did you just use the term "FUPA" in your blog title?
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:34 pm

Dave-O wrote:I'm sorry, did you just use the term "FUPA" in your blog title?

Hahaha! Why yes, yes I did! Haha! Hey, I call a spade a spade Razz

Last edited by Mrs. Schuey on Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:35 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:Woohoo! I can relate some with you, Lisa. Coming off injury has been pretty hard, and honestly, I know why people give up. Until the last two days, I was ready to myself. Keep up the good work and it will come back, I promise (of course, I keep promising myself the same thing).

Michele - you're doing great and will continue to do so! It is hard coming off of an injury, I know this all to well Sad. Giving up is the easy way out...that's what I keep telling myself. Us 365-ers are hardly the "give up" type! Wink

It will be neat when we meet up and discuss how far we both have come in our training!
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz R Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:43 pm

Yay Lisa! Here we go!

Liz R
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:58 pm

Liz R wrote:Yay Lisa! Here we go!

Thanks Liz! It's going to be a ride! Very Happy
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Schuey Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:45 am

Blog canceled - See War of Change. It's much better and not a pity party like this one is. Time to move on.
Mrs. Schuey
Mrs. Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2