365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report)

+6
Michele "1L" Keane
Jerry
Martin VW
Mark B
carleenp
mountandog
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) Empty Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report)

Post  mountandog Wed May 30, 2012 10:23 pm

So tomorrow morning I get one hour in the Nike employee store. What should I buy. I run, I golf, I do anything..............unfortunately I don't run in Nike's. At 50% off maybe I should. I have a wife and 6 kids to buy for too. Ouch. I figure socks, gloves, tights, at 50% off is a good deal. Maybe golf shirts and ugly shorts Smile. A lot of the other stuff you can find on sale or at outlets.

Recomendations anyone?

Last edited by mountandog on Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) Empty Re: Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report)

Post  carleenp Wed May 30, 2012 10:41 pm

I used to love Lunar Glide shoes until they changed them and they blistered me. But if you like a good neutral shoe, those tend to be nice. Nike frees can be great for walking and building foot strength if you don't want to run in them.

I like Nike hats and accessories. Clothing is fine too. They also make an awesome winter running jacket/shell that is really expensive but I would happily grab it at half off.

Avoid the running socks. I tried them and they wore out super fast. There were holes in them after a few weeks!
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) Empty Re: Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report)

Post  Mark B Wed May 30, 2012 11:15 pm

Relax! You don't need to buy a single running shoe to max out your credit card at the Nike Employee Store.

Money Money Money

Pretty much everything Nike sells - including supremely awesome golf clubs, and (I think) Nike eyewear - is offered at the NES. As are Cole Haan shoes (Nike owns Cole Haan, Hurley and Converse) and a whole bunch of other things. Nearly all of it is 50% off retail. There are a few exceptions to that, but only a few.

It is about as far from a Nike Outlet Store as you can get. And it's huge. And they have a big kids section, too.

There are, of course, plenty of running shoes. Their stock can vary a lot and some of the really popular items get snapped up pretty quickly and restocked slowly. They also have casual shoes, golf shoes, basketball shoes, fashion shoes, sandals, etc., etc. I bet you could find something you'd like. Also, at 50% off retail, it's a great time to take a chance on something like the Nike Free. Very Happy

So, in short, don't worry about not finding anything you want there. Your challenge will be keeping it within the limits Nike sets for single shopping trips, within the baggage limits on the airline and the limit on your credit card. One extra nice thing: they sell high quality duffel bags to supplement your luggage for your return flight!

Have fun! It's going to be like Christmas santa rendeer in May!

(One of the perks of being a tester for Nike is I earn access to the NES from time to time, so this is all from direct observation.)
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Thu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

Forget hats, socks, gloves. Focus on the big ticket items and things you can't get on sale at Sports Authority. Sunglasses, electronics, authentic pro/college gear, that sort of stuff.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  carleenp Thu May 31, 2012 8:55 am

So, how does one get into the Nike Employee Store? Question What a Face Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Thu May 31, 2012 9:42 am

carleenp wrote:So, how does one get into the Nike Employee Store? Question What a Face Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156

With a credit card?
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu May 31, 2012 9:46 am

I could use some of the Pegasus Breathe models for summer - I'm a size 7.5 womans.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu May 31, 2012 11:05 am

carleenp wrote:So, how does one get into the Nike Employee Store? Question What a Face Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156

There are a couple of ways as far as I know: Work for Nike, or be a relative of someone who works for Nike; or be a product tester. I know they bring in groups of people at times, as well. I think they might be business partners. There are probably other ways to get in, but I suspect that the top two ways (employment or testing) probably account for most of the customers there.

Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 am

Mark B wrote: There are probably other ways to get in, but I suspect that the top two ways (employment or testing) probably account for most of the customers there.

There's a ventilation shaft in the southwest corner, over by the fitting rooms...
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu May 31, 2012 11:32 am

Martin VW wrote:
Mark B wrote: There are probably other ways to get in, but I suspect that the top two ways (employment or testing) probably account for most of the customers there.

There's a ventilation shaft in the southwest corner, over by the fitting rooms...

Shh! That's supposed to be a SECRET, Martin!
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 31, 2012 12:44 pm

Talk to Dave-O, he is a Nike Whore lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  cnyoung19 Thu May 31, 2012 1:31 pm

As a first time poster to this blog - and mountandog's daughter - I feel like this is a good thread to post. Dad - go crazy Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156 ....and keep your favorite daughter in mind Laughing

cnyoung19

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Thu May 31, 2012 1:50 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Talk to Dave-O, he is a Nike Whore lol!

Funny story along those lines. Before I even became a runner, someone noticed at a picnic that I was wearing an awful lot of Nike stuff. Hat, sunglasses, shirt, shorts, belt, socks, shoes.

We counted - I had 17 visible swooshes.

It got even worse when I became a golfer - all my clothes and shoes, plus bag, clubs, umbrella, golf balls, club protectors, towel etc etc etc.

It also is one of the stocks that I've owned that has done really well. That and Starbucks (another personal addiction).

If I lived in the PNW, I'd undoubtedly be an Ekin.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Ben Z Thu May 31, 2012 1:57 pm

Or work there as a contractor...not that I would know Wink
Ben Z
Ben Z
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Thu May 31, 2012 1:59 pm

cnyoung19 wrote:As a first time poster to this blog - and mountandog's daughter - I feel like this is a good thread to post. Dad - go crazy Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156 ....and keep your favorite daughter in mind Laughing

Hey, what are you doing here? You already know I spent all my $$ on your college education. Nothing left. That's why all I can buy are socks. Very Happy
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu May 31, 2012 2:57 pm

mountandog wrote:
cnyoung19 wrote:As a first time poster to this blog - and mountandog's daughter - I feel like this is a good thread to post. Dad - go crazy Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156 ....and keep your favorite daughter in mind Laughing

Hey, what are you doing here? You already know I spent all my $$ on your college education. Nothing left. That's why all I can buy are socks. Very Happy

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu May 31, 2012 3:36 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
mountandog wrote:

lol! lol! lol! lol!

#dadwins
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu May 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Martin VW wrote:

Funny story along those lines. Before I even became a runner, someone noticed at a picnic that I was wearing an awful lot of Nike stuff. Hat, sunglasses, shirt, shorts, belt, socks, shoes.

It got even worse when I became a golfer - all my clothes and shoes, plus bag, clubs, umbrella, golf balls, club protectors, towel etc etc etc.

It also is one of the stocks that I've owned that has done really well. That and Starbucks (another personal addiction).

Uncle Phil thanks you for your support. Wink
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Thu May 31, 2012 4:45 pm

Mark B wrote:
Martin VW wrote:

Uncle Phil thanks you for your support. Wink

It is I that owes Uncle Phil for his seeking World Domination! I made a ton on NKE. Even Billy's made $650 on 15 shares.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:43 am

After all this build-up, I certainly hope we find out just how many pair of socks were purchased.... Wink
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  mountandog Fri Jun 01, 2012 9:49 am

Ja. This will get a full race report when I can get to a PC instead of my blackberry. Socks equal 40 pair.
mountandog
mountandog
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Fri Jun 01, 2012 11:44 am

You have no idea how badly I want a pair of Flyknit Racers. I actually debated shelling out $350 for a pair on ebay, justifying it as - my 6 free pairs + $350 for the Flyknits = only $50 per pair!

I wisely came to my senses. Money
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:35 pm

Dave-O wrote:

You have no idea how badly I want a pair of Flyknit Racers. I actually debated shelling out $350 for a pair on ebay, justifying it as - my 6 free pairs + $350 for the Flyknits = only $50 per pair!

I wisely came to my senses. Nike Employee Store - tomorrow -- what should I buy??? (Edited with the trip report) 2472758156

I don't even think that I could justify that Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Martin VW Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Dave-O wrote: You have no idea how badly I want a pair of Flyknit Racers. I actually debated shelling out $350 for a pair on ebay, justifying it as - my 6 free pairs + $350 for the Flyknits = only $50 per pair!

I wisely came to my senses.

Too bad you didn't check in a couple of days ago. If they're anywhere, they'd be in Beaverton. Looks like you might have been able to strike a barter deal for some socks.
Martin VW
Martin VW
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:31 pm

Martin VW wrote:
Dave-O wrote: You have no idea how badly I want a pair of Flyknit Racers. I actually debated shelling out $350 for a pair on ebay, justifying it as - my 6 free pairs + $350 for the Flyknits = only $50 per pair!

I wisely came to my senses.

Too bad you didn't check in a couple of days ago. If they're anywhere, they'd be in Beaverton. Looks like you might have been able to strike a barter deal for some socks.

The shoe rep for our team said he can't can't even get a pair yet. He does, however, have 8 size 9's of the right foot only. For shame!
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next