365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done!

5 posters

Go down

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done! Empty Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done!

Post  Schuey Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:19 pm

Not to take anything away from road racing because I do enjoy it very much but there is just something about not just Ultra running but trail running. Every time I read a race report or a story about trail racing it makes realize more and more why I'm gravitating more and more to the world of running on trails. Sure we might have to travel a little more to get to more elevation and tough trails but that's ok, that just means more camping and being more of a outdoor family. Some thing that I think would be great for a child! Hum maybe even a future of moving to Colorado or even back to California someday in the future???

Really love these pictures of Ellie Greenwood and great race report.

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done! Elliegreenwood2012chuck

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done! Elliegreenwood2012chuck

http://www.irunfar.com/2012/03/knucking-down-sucking-it-up-ellie-greenwoods-2012-chuckanut-50k.html
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done! Empty Re: Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done!

Post  Neil Ruggiero Sun Apr 01, 2012 4:39 pm

I totally agree. There's just something special and amazing about running trails. You can really just lose yourself in a run in a way that (for me) doesn't happen on the roads.
Neil Ruggiero
Neil Ruggiero
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done! Empty Re: Ellie Greenwood knows how to get it done!

Post  wrichman Sun Apr 01, 2012 8:43 pm

yes, a different experience - I feel more in tune with my mind and body when I'm on the trails. a bit more appreciative for the gift of running as well. Ellie Greenwood is amazing - I listened to an interview w/ her on Ultra Talk podcast a few weeks ago - she's very humble.
wrichman
wrichman
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:31 pm

Ultra running is very humbling and most people in the sport are also. One of the other reasons I have been drawn to it. I'm sure I will continue to run Chicago and Boston but to me these races don't come close to match the experience or joy I get out of being on the trails or being around the ultra crowd.

Now don't get me wrong I still like road racing and will continue doing it but the trails have called to me and have touched me in a way that can be hard to express in words.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Sun Apr 01, 2012 10:58 pm

She looks so happy in that first picture, that had to be cool running in those conditions.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Neil Ruggiero Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm

Schuey wrote:Ultra running is very humbling and most people in the sport are also. One of the other reasons I have been drawn to it. I'm sure I will continue to run Chicago and Boston but to me these races don't come close to match the experience or joy I get out of being on the trails or being around the ultra crowd.

Now don't get me wrong I still like road racing and will continue doing it but the trails have called to me and have touched me in a way that can be hard to express in words.

I couldn't agree more. There's just something different about the ultra community and people who run the races that is amazing to see. Every one I've done the people are incredibly friendly. Everyone is looking to just go out and have a good time, and enjoy eachothers' presence. Its a far less cut-throat environment, and I love that about it.
Neil Ruggiero
Neil Ruggiero
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:42 pm

I really want to do more ultras. I don't know why trail ultras scare me, I think just because you're out on your feet for so long it is a little intimidating.

I agree with getting your family outdoors, too. I always loved camping in a tent with my sisters and roughing it and living in the country until I went to college.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum