365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh yeah--beer!

5 posters

Go down

Oh yeah--beer! Empty Oh yeah--beer!

Post  Diego Fri Mar 30, 2012 8:10 pm

http://onit.msn.com/story?ocid=hpep

Go for the plunge--runners!
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Oh yeah--beer! Empty Re: Oh yeah--beer!

Post  dot520 Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:37 am

Wait a minute, the participants in the study drank 34-50 ounces a day for 3 weeks?
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Jack_Scaff Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:10 pm

dot520 wrote:Wait a minute, the participants in the study drank 34-50 ounces a day for 3 weeks?

Lightweights, huh?
Jack_Scaff
Jack_Scaff
Poster
Poster

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Concord&st

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:25 pm

Despite claims that alcoholic beer would possibly be twice as good, I've actually read that the alcohol prevents recovery, thus negating the benefits. Also, the following are extremely high in polyphenol:

honey; most legumes; fruits such as apples, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, pomegranate, cherries, cranberries, grapes, pears, plums, raspberries, and strawberries; and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, celery, onion and parsley are rich in polyphenols. Red wine,[4] chocolate, white tea, green tea, olive oil, argan oil, bee pollen and many grains are sources.

But hey, I'll drink the beer anyway.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Diego Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:38 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Despite claims that alcoholic beer would possibly be twice as good, I've actually read that the alcohol prevents recovery, thus negating the benefits. Also, the following are extremely high in polyphenol:

honey; most legumes; fruits such as apples, blackberries, blueberries, cantaloupe, pomegranate, cherries, cranberries, grapes, pears, plums, raspberries, and strawberries; and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage, celery, onion and parsley are rich in polyphenols. Red wine,[4] chocolate, white tea, green tea, olive oil, argan oil, bee pollen and many grains are sources.

But hey, I'll drink the beer anyway.

Oh yeah, go ahead and kill the buzz, Michael. Thank you very much. I guess it's back to O' Doul's for you.
Diego
Diego
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:39 pm

It's only 9:30am. Ask me again in a couple hours. What a Face
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Post  Jeff F Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:48 pm

Running has helped me to cut down on the amount of beer I drink, but I enjoy it too much to give it up. As I have matured I have transitioned from quantity to quality. Just last night I picked up some Ayinger Celebrator Doppelbock and Samuel Smith Taddy Porter. I can't wait until I sit down to watch the NCAA games tonight and drink a couple of these. In the old days I would have pounded down 6-8 Busch Lights or Budweisers.
Jeff F
Jeff F
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down