365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mizuno Ronin 4

5 posters

Go down

Mizuno Ronin 4 Empty Mizuno Ronin 4

Post  Nick Morris Thu Dec 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Hey Kenny...

What are your thoughts on the new Ronin 4s? They look fast (7.2 oz). I am actually thinking of switching over from the Musha to the Ronin. I like the look of the new Musha, but they added a lot of weight to it and at 8.5 oz it is almost a trainer.

http://www.runningwarehouse.com/descpageMRS-MRO4M1.html
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Mizuno Ronin 4 Empty Re: Mizuno Ronin 4

Post  fostever Fri Dec 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Wow, it "caresses the foot." Sounds better than a girlfriend!Shocked
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:28 am

Nick Morris wrote:Hey Kenny...

What are your thoughts on the new Ronin 4s? They look fast (7.2 oz). I am actually thinking of switching over from the Musha to the Ronin. I like the look of the new Musha, but they added a lot of weight to it and at 8.5 oz it is almost a trainer.

This is my feeling on Ronin's. The 2's I can wear everyday for anything and have. I use them for long runs now and have loved them. The 3's although lighter is less of a shoe it feels less stable or more narrow on landing, so I only use these for faster pace workouts like GA runs maybe LT's. I wore them for AC Marathon and I felt they beat me up to much. They are great for short distance racing but I actually found the Brooks t7's for me not only much lighter but quite better even for marathons.

So, that said for me I hope the ROnin 4's can be my go to shoe for anything especially Long Runs and Fun run Marathons.

I am of course ordering them come January, but i do have to say the design and coloring is a bit off putting. Kind of looks old school. There shoes are typically pretty cool looking actually have received compliments on the ronin 2's yellow and if you were lucky enough orange shoes.

PS: The whole color scheme of these shoe throws off my whole wardrobe. LOL black white and a pink/red. Am I missing something here!

Also, road runner sports will be selling it and they allow you to run in it on roads and still return it. Also, I notice the red/pink color is the same color as the woman's. I actually like the womans design better!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Sat Dec 31, 2011 4:36 pm

Kenny B. wrote:

This is my feeling on Ronin's. The 2's I can wear everyday for anything and have. I use them for long runs now and have loved them. The 3's although lighter is less of a shoe it feels less stable or more narrow on landing, so I only use these for faster pace workouts like GA runs maybe LT's. I wore them for AC Marathon and I felt they beat me up to much. They are great for short distance racing but I actually found the Brooks t7's for me not only much lighter but quite better even for marathons.

So, that said for me I hope the ROnin 4's can be my go to shoe for anything especially Long Runs and Fun run Marathons.

I am of course ordering them come January, but i do have to say the design and coloring is a bit off putting. Kind of looks old school. There shoes are typically pretty cool looking actually have received compliments on the ronin 2's yellow and if you were lucky enough orange shoes.

PS: The whole color scheme of these shoe throws off my whole wardrobe. LOL black white and a pink/red. Am I missing something here!

Also, road runner sports will be selling it and they allow you to run in it on roads and still return it. Also, I notice the red/pink color is the same color as the woman's. I actually like the womans design better!

I loved the orange ones! I'm only have 1 pair left... I have about 4-5 pair of the yellow. I'll be trying out the 4s, too.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:29 pm

Mr MattM wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:

I loved the orange ones! I'm only have 1 pair left... I have about 4-5 pair of the yellow. I'll be trying out the 4s, too.

Matt the orange are fantastic. I only had one of those but use them casually. I have 3 Yellow pair left should suffice until I hone in on a new pair of something hopefully the 4's will be my savior!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:17 pm

Nick, I know you're a Mizuno guy, so I was going to let you know the Elixir 6s are on sale for $69.88 at Running Warehouse right now. I wore those and the Mushas and they both fit my foot well. I figured since you wear the Mushas you might be interested in the Elixirs.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:46 pm

mul21 wrote:Nick, I know you're a Mizuno guy, so I was going to let you know the Elixir 6s are on sale for $69.88 at Running Warehouse right now. I wore those and the Mushas and they both fit my foot well. I figured since you wear the Mushas you might be interested in the Elixirs.

I was already on top of that Jim...Snatched up a pair for that price...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:47 pm

mul21 wrote:Nick, I know you're a Mizuno guy, so I was going to let you know the Elixir 6s are on sale for $69.88 at Running Warehouse right now. I wore those and the Mushas and they both fit my foot well. I figured since you wear the Mushas you might be interested in the Elixirs.

The Elixirs are my trainer...I really like the look of the 7s!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:16 pm

Just got the Ronin 4's so far so good will test out on the roads soon!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:21 pm

Kenny B. wrote:Just got the Ronin 4's so far so good will test out on the roads soon!

Awesome!!! Let me know what you think. I am probably going to get them...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:52 pm

Nick Morris wrote:
Kenny B. wrote:Just got the Ronin 4's so far so good will test out on the roads soon!

They are a bit similar to the 3's but feel a hair wider (which I like) and more stable because of that. Also feel a drop lighter which I think they are. They bottoms have some really nice grip one thing I notice about Ronin 2,3's and 4's is the gripping it has. For a light shoe they do last long unlike the brooks t7's.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:42 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:

They are a bit similar to the 3's but feel a hair wider (which I like) and more stable because of that. Also feel a drop lighter which I think they are. They bottoms have some really nice grip one thing I notice about Ronin 2,3's and 4's is the gripping it has. For a light shoe they do last long unlike the brooks t7's.

Sweet...All of this is music to my ears!!

Thanks
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

So here is my review:

There was no real body style change going from the Mizuno Ronin 3's to the Ronin 4's. They both feel just about the same in width and depth and the 4's continue with great tracking when wet outside. At best the only difference I can tell (and it is substantial) is that the landing on the forefoot feels a bit more cushioned (not soft) than its predecessor the 3's. I tend to like this as I did feel the 3's where harder on the landing when going long especially when compared to the 2's which still out rides, out looks and out feels the 3's and 4's. That said, the 4's do look snazzy even in its salmon redish cloors. The 4's can easily go the distance but also be the go to LT/Tempo run shoe. I still prefer the Brooks t7's for racing from 5k to marathon but no doubt the 4's are and will stay part of my arsenal.
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:46 pm

Kenny B. wrote:So here is my review:

There was no real body style change going from the Mizuno Ronin 3's to the Ronin 4's. They both feel just about the same in width and depth and the 4's continue with great tracking when wet outside. At best the only difference I can tell (and it is substantial) is that the landing on the forefoot feels a bit more cushioned (not soft) than its predecessor the 3's. I tend to like this as I did feel the 3's where harder on the landing when going long especially when compared to the 2's which still out rides, out looks and out feels the 3's and 4's. That said, the 4's do look snazzy even in its salmon redish cloors. The 4's can easily go the distance but also be the go to LT/Tempo run shoe. I still prefer the Brooks t7's for racing from 5k to marathon but no doubt the 4's are and will stay part of my arsenal.

Thanks Mr. Baldo!!!

My order will more than likely be placed soon Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:18 am

Ordered three more pairs today...

1-Ronin 4

1-Elixir 7

1-Elixir 6
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:40 pm

Nick Morris wrote:Ordered three more pairs today...

1-Ronin 4

1-Elixir 7

1-Elixir 6

Nice job!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:31 pm

Kenny B. wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:Ordered three more pairs today...

1-Ronin 4

1-Elixir 7

1-Elixir 6

Nice job!

They arrive today!!!! I can't wait!!!!

afro afro
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down