365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report

+2
fostever
nkrichards
6 posters

Go down

Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report Empty Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report

Post  nkrichards Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:18 pm

This went MUCH better than expected. I was scheduled to run the marathon but after several setbacks during training decided to scale back and run the half. My youngest son ran with me. He allowed me to set the pace and I started off at 8:55...a few seconds faster than planned but close. We stayed right on pace through the first 9+ miles and were enjoying ourselves. I started to tire so Kevin pulled about a half step in front of me and then stayed on pace. I was able to stay with him and really felt that he drug me through the next couple miles. By mile 12 I was feeling good again. We sped up a bit and finished together in 1:54:11...good for 3rd in my age group.

This was a PR race for me and considering my training season I was very pleased. I am glad we made the decision not to run the full. The course was great and we enjoyed the portion that was on a nice trail through the farmland but the full headed down the road into the wind when we turned around. I was more than ready for a half but I was not prepared for a full. My legs felt like they had run the full...especially after we walked all around DC before coming home.

This was a great race. It was cold but I prefer to run in the cold. The half was a pretty scenic course and pretty well protected from the wind. I think the full was much more exposed and tedious after we turned around. We weren't able to stick around for long but it looked like they were preparing a pretty nice feed. It was a fun weekend and we enjoyed our visit with the kids.

Nancy
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report Empty Re: Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report

Post  fostever Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:54 pm

Congrats to both of you, on the PR, and bonding time with your son. Sounds like a scenic trek.
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report Empty Re: Rehoboth Seashore Half Marathon report

Post  amyjoann Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:07 pm

cogratulations on the PR sounds like a very smart decision.Rest up and get that full next time.
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:59 pm

Fantastic, Nancy- congrats on the PR, great run and AG award!!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seth Harrison Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:08 pm

I had briefly considered doing the full here if things didn't go as planned for me in Philly last month. It looks like nice course, whether you do the full of the half.
Congratulations on the PR, the great AG finish, and enjoying the half with your son. Looks like it was a fun race for both of you.
Seth Harrison
Seth Harrison
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:58 am

Nice job! 2 of my friends I run with here ran the full, I heard it was a bit windy. Smile
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down