365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Marathon Weather

+12
Mike MacLellan
fostever
Schuey
mul21
ounce
Julie
Dave-O
Jerry
Nick Morris
JohnP
Joel H
Mrs. Schuey
16 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Chicago Marathon Weather - Page 3 Empty Re: Chicago Marathon Weather

Post  T Miller Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:07 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:Wow. I don't think either of my marathons were anywhere near 60 - probably started in the low 60s and got up to the mid-high 70s (I think OC pushed 80)... Wonder what it'll be like to run in cold weather in Beantown.

That's what we all dream of. A cool weather point to point marathon with a tail wind. Too bad it doesn't turn out that way very often.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:48 pm

Great timing on this one, Yahoo. Assholes.

Chicago Marathon Weather - Page 3 1110
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:58 pm

http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=559716.html

Soon they can just start reprinting articles from past years, except to change one line of the story - "2 of the past 3 years have been extra warm", "3 of the past 4 years have been extra warm." "4 of the last 6 years have been extra warm". At what point does warmer than usual become the norm? Problem is the city wants the marathon on Columbus Day weekend to get more tourists in for longer.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:14 pm

JohnP wrote:http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=559716.html

Soon they can just start reprinting articles from past years, except to change one line of the story - "2 of the past 3 years have been extra warm", "3 of the past 4 years have been extra warm." "4 of the last 6 years have been extra warm". At what point does warmer than usual become the norm? Problem is the city wants the marathon on Columbus Day weekend to get more tourists in for longer.

Screw the tourists!! Isn't this about the runners and charities? The families coming in for the race will boost the revenues. I say make the change!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:27 pm

JohnP wrote:http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/article/newsid=559716.html

The problem with that argument is that the last 2 years, the weekend before the marathon has been absolutely perfect for the race. Hell, I remember in 2008 that the weather was ideal like 48 hours after the race.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:06 pm

Dave-O wrote:

The problem with that argument is that the last 2 years, the weekend before the marathon has been absolutely perfect for the race. Hell, I remember in 2008 that the weather was ideal like 48 hours after the race.

Well, bumping it back a couple weeks wouldn't be the end of the world for them. I'd bet most people are still either getting out of town Sunday or taking Monday off since most of the working world doesn't get Monday off anyway. I very distinctly remember watching the finish of the marathon when I was a sophomore in high school the same weekend of XC regionals the last weekend in October.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:14 pm

Nick Morris wrote:

Screw the tourists!! Isn't this about the runners and charities? The families coming in for the race will boost the revenues. I say make the change!!

Like we are not tourists? pirat

Move back a week or two, Jerry would have a chance for a pre-Chicago tune up race. Just saying.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Schuey Wed Oct 05, 2011 8:54 pm

Dave-O wrote:

More like 24 hours. Heck they can even move forward by a week or 2. In 2006 it was on oct 22nd
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3