365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg)

+3
T Miller
Jerry
Mike MacLellan
7 posters

Go down

Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg) Empty Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg)

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:19 am

"Upon verification of your qualifying time, your credit card will be charged the non-refundable and non-transferrable entry fee of $150 USD."

That's... only if I'm actually accepted as an entrant into the race, right?

EDIT: From the confirmation e-mail: "The actual charge will not appear on your credit card until your entry has been verified and accepted."

So one says verified, one says both verified AND accepted. Way to be clear, BAA Wink
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg) Empty Re: Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg)

Post  Jerry Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:27 am

Don't split the hair, Mike. We are not elites. Once verified, BAA doesn't have reason not to accept. Just some confusing legal standard writing at most.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg) Empty Re: Am I reading this right? (Boston Reg)

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 am

They do if the race fills up. I'm only 2:08 under my BQ. Borderline at best.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  T Miller Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:30 am

Jerry wrote:Don't split the hair, Mike. We are not elites. Once verified, BAA doesn't have reason not to accept. Just some confusing legal standard writing at most.

Jerry's interpreter. Don't worry Mike the legal mumbo jumbo means that they won't take your money unless they let you in.
T Miller
T Miller
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:48 am

To put it another way...

They only verify times of people they are accepting. They wouldn't verify a time for a runner unless there was a slot for that runner to fill...

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jerry Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:18 am

Mike MacLellan wrote:They do if the race fills up. I'm only 2:08 under my BQ. Borderline at best.

Again, you are not going to Olympic. If BAA takes your money, it wouldn't bother to make one more transaction to refund the payment. Nobody sues BAA if it takes in 100 extra qualified runners. No big deal.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:21 am

All makes sense now. Thanks for the interpretations, guys. I was just remembering how NYC has that $20 reg fee or whatever it is, so I was curious if that was the norm with these big races.
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:43 pm

The BAA charged my credit card after I received the acceptance email, not after the confirmation email. I understand there is still plenty of room, so register today.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:30 pm

Trust me Michele, that was the first thing I did after sitting down with my breakfast and coffee. Now we play the waiting game...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:32 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Trust me Michele, that was the first thing I did after sitting down with my breakfast and coffee. Now we play the waiting game...

Good luck, sir...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Sep 20, 2011 10:22 am

Send me $150 and I'll make sure you get in. Cool
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down