365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enzyme Therapy

2 posters

Go down

Enzyme Therapy Empty Enzyme Therapy

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:57 am

I came across some information regarding enzyme therapy and running realted injury prevention. It deals with the whole connection between your body's organs and areas of the body that share the same neural sensors. Has anyone every heard of enzyme therapy? What are your thoughts on running related injury prevention?

Have you ever taken ezyme supplements?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Enzyme Therapy Empty Re: Enzyme Therapy

Post  jon c Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:48 am

Nick, I have taken two enzyme products from Nutri-West for the past almost three years. These are proteolytic enzymes (break down proteins) that are taken first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. The way it was explained to me was that the enzymes in the absence of food in the gut, will be absorbed into the body and aid it in breaking down toxins the body stores overnight in the connective tissues. The effect is that it frees the body to spend more time on repair and rehabilitation of tissues, rather than spending most of its time working on the toxic load that we inevitably accumulate.

Is this exactly how it works? Overall I can't prove anything other than my own experience. The effect it has had on me is that I went almost three years without any significant injury, ran 2 to 3 times the volume. Previous to taking the enzymes, I was routinely coming up with hamstring and calf pulls about every 6-8 weeks for no apparent reason. This was very annoying as it broke up several training cycles as you might imagine. Since then (Dec. 2008) I have had one incidence of a hamstring pull (June 2011) and have really done nothing in addition to what I had already been doing. Coincidence? I think not, but as we all know, we are all an experiment of one.

Here is a link to one of the products if you're interested.

http://www.nutriwest.com/cat/1485f.htm
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:49 am

Thanks John for the insight and personal experience. If you don't mind me asking, how much do the products typically cost?
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  jon c Fri Aug 26, 2011 11:59 am

The one that I linked to I think retails for around 40 for 120 tabs. Some of the cost would obviously be tied to how many you take. It was recommended in my situation to take 5 first thing in the AM on an empty stomach and to not eat for roughly 15-30 minutes afterward.
jon c
jon c
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:33 pm

Thanks
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself