365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Garmin Training Center

+6
Jerry
Ken Mello
Mike MacLellan
Schuey
Tim C
Dave-O
10 posters

Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:28 pm

It wouldn't upload from my watch this morning, so I tried to update the software. The Training Center indicated that a new update (3.6.3) was available. However, when I tried to download it, it said that my operating system cannot support the new update.

Really? Can that be right? I have Windows XP 02. Just seems odd since the previous versions worked fine.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Tim C Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:30 pm

I've had that happen before.

Did you try re-starting your computer? That has solved it for me a couple of times.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Posts : 588
Points : 5691
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 66
Location : Orange County, CA

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Tim C wrote:I've had that happen before.

Did you try re-starting your computer? That has solved it for me a couple of times.

I'll give the old re-start a try.

But I did just talk to my IT guy, and apparently the new Garmin software requires XP service pack 3 and I only have number 2. So what now?
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Schuey Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:37 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Tim C wrote:I've had that happen before.

Did you try re-starting your computer? That has solved it for me a couple of times.

I'll give the old re-start a try.

But I did just talk to my IT guy, and apparently the new Garmin software requires XP service pack 3 and I only have number 2. So what now?

I take it this is on your work computer? If so can't you get the IT guy to do the XP service pack 3? If it is your home computer just go to microsoft's page and download the service 3 pack.

Man I'm so glad we are using Mac's now, so much easier to use. There is a learning curve but once you start to learn them they work so much better. Still have to use my pc for some things but not much.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2172
Points : 7365
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 51
Location : So Many Roads To Ease My Soul

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:50 pm

Schuey wrote:
I take it this is on your work computer? If so can't you get the IT guy to do the XP service pack 3? If it is your home computer just go to microsoft's page and download the service 3 pack.

Yes, work computer, and I've been told service pack 3 is no good. For the time being, the restart worked, but at some point I'm going to have to update the software.

You and your trendy Macs. Hipster.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Tim C Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:56 pm

Dave-O wrote:
Schuey wrote:
I take it this is on your work computer? If so can't you get the IT guy to do the XP service pack 3? If it is your home computer just go to microsoft's page and download the service 3 pack.

Yes, work computer, and I've been told service pack 3 is no good. For the time being, the restart worked, but at some point I'm going to have to update the software.

You and your trendy Macs. Hipster.

Strange. I've been using SP3 for a long time with no issues.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Posts : 588
Points : 5691
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 66
Location : Orange County, CA

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Mike MacLellan Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:57 pm

Macs? Yuck.

Yeah, I'd guess it just requires SP3. Unfortunately, Windows decided to ruin their own operating system with SP3 as well as Vista. W7 is a bit better than Vista, but at this point they're just trying to copy the aesthetic of Macs... Why not stick to good old XP? Sigh...
Mike MacLellan
Mike MacLellan
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 3191
Points : 9639
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 35
Location : Arlington, VA

https://www.facebook.com/mike.a.maclellan

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Ken Mello Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:50 pm

I was ani-mac for a long time, but now that I have one in my office, and a new Macbook Pro laptop, my 1 remaining PC in the home office is on the way out soon, to be replaced with a Mac. Just so much better and easier to use. And the new OS, Lion, is great.

And this has nothing to do with the original post.....
Ken Mello
Ken Mello
Poster
Poster

Posts : 198
Points : 4452
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 53
Location : Round Rock, TX

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Jerry Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:59 pm

Dave, nobody uses training center. Garmin Connect, sir. You either go online or under. Razz
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006096
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Tim C Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Jerry wrote:Dave, nobody uses training center. Garmin Connect, sir. You either go online or under. Razz

Actually, that is a great point.

I quit using Garmin training center and now use garmin connect only.

One thing I noticed in TC is that the elevation #'s are completely screwy. When I use garmin connect they match what I expect. No idea why.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Posts : 588
Points : 5691
Join date : 2011-07-06
Age : 66
Location : Orange County, CA

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Nick Morris Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:15 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Macs? Yuck.

Yeah, I'd guess it just requires SP3. Unfortunately, Windows decided to ruin their own operating system with SP3 as well as Vista. W7 is a bit better than Vista, but at this point they're just trying to copy the aesthetic of Macs... Why not stick to good old XP? Sigh...





Garmin Training Center 424776184
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Posts : 5109
Points : 13831
Join date : 2011-06-16
Age : 42
Location : Madison, WI

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:50 pm

You're still running windows XP?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Posts : 5025
Points : 13764
Join date : 2011-06-15
Age : 61
Location : Atlanta, GA

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Bob Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:43 pm

Dave-O wrote:It wouldn't upload from my watch this morning, so I tried to update the software. The Training Center indicated that a new update (3.6.3) was available. However, when I tried to download it, it said that my operating system cannot support the new update.

Really? Can that be right? I have Windows XP 02. Just seems odd since the previous versions worked fine.





I think it's the bypass line. You're gonna need some pliers and a set of 30 weight ball bearings. It's all ball bearings nowa days.
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Posts : 342
Points : 13565
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Illinois

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Chris M Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:52 am

Bob wrote:
Dave-O wrote:It wouldn't upload from my watch this morning, so I tried to update the software. The Training Center indicated that a new update (3.6.3) was available. However, when I tried to download it, it said that my operating system cannot support the new update.

Really? Can that be right? I have Windows XP 02. Just seems odd since the previous versions worked fine.





I think it's the bypass line. You're gonna need some pliers and a set of 30 weight ball bearings. It's all ball bearings nowa days.



Go ahead and get an IT firm to come in and put SP3 in on all the computers and move on from Windows XP 02 to something new. Put it on the Underhill account.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 1061
Points : 5623
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 54
Location : Washington, DC

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:39 am

What is Garmin connect? Looks like I need to do some googling...
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Jerry Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:40 am

Dave-O wrote:What is Garmin connect? Looks like I need to do some googling...

http://connect.garmin.com/
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006096
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:42 am

Jerry wrote:
Dave-O wrote:What is Garmin connect? Looks like I need to do some googling...

http://connect.garmin.com/

Eh. I don't feel like signing up for another web based service. I use David Hayes Running log anyway, and don't even use my Garmin for some of my runs. I'm fine with the Training Center just to pull the data.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Jerry Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:46 am

Dave-O wrote:
Jerry wrote:
Dave-O wrote:What is Garmin connect? Looks like I need to do some googling...

http://connect.garmin.com/

Eh. I don't feel like signing up for another web based service. I use David Hayes Running log anyway, and don't even use my Garmin for some of my runs. I'm fine with the Training Center just to pull the data.

Your data is online and protected by a public company. It's legendary, Dave.
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006096
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Dave-O Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:49 am

Jerry wrote:

Your data is online and protected by a public company. It's legendary, Dave.

I don't want The Man spying on my training.
Dave-O
Dave-O
Moderator
Moderator

Posts : 1736
Points : 6358
Join date : 2011-06-14
Age : 41
Location : Chicago

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Jerry Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:57 am

Dave-O wrote:
Jerry wrote:

Your data is online and protected by a public company. It's legendary, Dave.

I don't want The Man spying on my training.

Obama? lol!

You miss a workout to incur higher medical cost to the pubic, you can get criminalized. Approval
Jerry
Jerry
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Posts : 2712
Points : 1006096
Join date : 2011-06-15
Location : Where I'm Loved

Back to top Go down

Garmin Training Center Empty Re: Garmin Training Center

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum