365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spring half recommendations?

+3
GregC
Jim fredericks
BigDogMom
7 posters

Go down

Spring half recommendations? Empty Spring half recommendations?

Post  BigDogMom Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:19 pm

I run with a group of women from all over the country. Once a year we meet to run a 1/2 in the Spring. we try to make is centrally located as many of us live in the midwest and can drive. Last spring we ran the Half in Bloomington IN at the end of March. It was great but a little hilly!

Does anyone have any recommendations for good races? We choose to do a half in the spring to get the training going and so that we can catch up with each other and have FUN along with running. In the fall we choose a full marathon to run together. Thoughts for Spring half marathons? Swag is not important. Destination is not either! We don't run the spring races for glamour or location...we run just to be together!

thanks in advance!
BigDogMom
BigDogMom

Back to top Go down

Spring half recommendations? Empty Re: Spring half recommendations?

Post  Jim fredericks Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:01 pm

Green Bay is a really nice race. Definitelty the best race in Wisconsin. well organized and it is so cool to run through Lambeau Field!
Jim fredericks
Jim fredericks
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  GregC Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:16 pm

The Illinois Marathon in Champaign, IL is a nice little race (there is a half as well).
GregC
GregC
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:33 pm

I'll recommend Fargo again because even though ND does not sound like a vacation spot, I loved the race (I ran the marathon, ut there is a 5K, 10K and Half as well). The entire city gets behind the race, the course is flat, and there is a "chipper" at mile 23 (which is like 11 for the half).
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:24 pm

I'm fixated on the Indy Mini and want everyone to run it! Laughing This is perfect for a get together of friends as this is as much a race as it is an event. Pretty much hits all your criteria....Flat course, middle of the midwest, fairly easy to get to, exceedingly well organized, decent medal and shirt (although that's not important to you). Hotels aren't a killer if you get signed up early...$145 and up, but if you share a room with friends that's not a big deal.

Forgot to mention...first Saturday in May.

Indy Mini...that's your ticket

www.500festival.com
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave-O Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:15 am

Indy Mini is the best Half I've ever run. Fast, incredibly well put together, and a great post-race party.
Dave-O
Dave-O

http://www.fleetfeetchicago.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:42 am

Fargo was a good marathon so I imagine the half would be good. Lincoln Marathon or half is good, first Sat in May as well. Fargo is closer to the 22nd and on Saturday.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down