365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Run for the Ranch-December

3 posters

Go down

Run for the Ranch-December Empty Run for the Ranch-December

Post  dot520 Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:12 am

I know that I've seen race reports about this one in the past. I'm thinking of doing the half this December. Looks like a small field and I like loop courses. Anything else stand out?
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Run for the Ranch-December Empty Re: Run for the Ranch-December

Post  mul21 Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:59 am

I know Matt M has run this in the past. The marathon has a time limit of whenever it gets dark, which is interesting. I almost ran it last year, but decided against it last minute. It's a lop and you do 4 for the half and 8 for the full if I remember right. I haven't ever heard anything negative about it, so I guess that's a good sign.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 am

Ah, RFTR... such great memories!

This was an annual run for me for several years... I missed last year, though. It's always the last Sunday of the year, unless that Sunday happens to be Christmas weekend (which it was last year). It's in MO in December, so the temperature can vary. The race starts in the afternoon and goes until well after dark. It is basically a 5k loop. One of the best features is the post-race food. There is always hot chili. I love that!

The best part for me was that a group of us would always get together for the weekend and all stay at the same place. We'd party Saturday night... consume good food and wine... then sleep in on Sunday. We'd go have a late breakfast, then rest more... then race in the afternoon and party more after! Good times.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum