365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Graston Technique Versus SASTM

5 posters

Go down

Graston Technique Versus SASTM Empty Graston Technique Versus SASTM

Post  Jim Lentz Mon Jul 11, 2011 5:47 pm

I have heard a lot of good things about the Graston Technique. I contacted a chiropractor friend of mine and he does SASTM, which he says is the third generation of techniques introduced by David Graston, while the Graston Technique is the second generation. Here is a link to the website that shows the tools. What do people think or know about SASTM? Thanks!
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Graston Technique Versus SASTM Empty Re: Graston Technique Versus SASTM

Post  carleenp Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:32 am

I know nothing aobut the new technique, but I have been pretty happy with the Graston I have had done.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:43 pm

I've not had SASTM, but I'm currently doing ASTYM, which is GRASTON but with plastic tools instead of metal. I'm having this on my right calf and heel. Interesting stuff. By the name 'sound assisted', does this mean that they use some sort of microwave or sound wave technology along with tools? All of it is fascinating.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  Peg Coover Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:04 pm

dot520 wrote:I've not had SASTM, but I'm currently doing ASTYM, which is GRASTON but with plastic tools instead of metal. I'm having this on my right calf and heel. Interesting stuff. By the name 'sound assisted', does this mean that they use some sort of microwave or sound wave technology along with tools? All of it is fascinating.

I also had ASTYM. Painful, but completely effective for my high hamstring issue last winter! I've never heard of SASTM.
Peg Coover
Peg Coover
Regular
Regular

http://web.mac.com/cooverp/MrsCoover/Welcome.html

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Sheesh, I'm glad I don't know what any of these terms mean!
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down