365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting?

2 posters

Go down

Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting? Empty Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting?

Post  ravdeep Mon Mar 06, 2017 9:10 am

I use nike 3.0 free. I've read some vague remarks on various websites saying that these are good for moderate running. For longer run's they say choose well cushioned shoes. Could somebody guide me as too how much is considered "moderate"? I've been doing 3-5 k so far and i'm pretty comfortable with it. I do however wish to up my milage to as high as 7- 10k. Wondering if i should get a new pair, "well cushioned" as they say, or would it be okay to use my Nike 3.0 for that distance as well?

ravdeep

Back to top Go down

Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting? Empty Re: Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting?

Post  Mark B Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:58 am

ravdeep wrote:I use nike 3.0 free. I've read some vague remarks on various websites saying that these are good for moderate running. For longer run's they say choose well cushioned shoes. Could somebody guide me as too how much is considered "moderate"? I've been doing 3-5 k so far and i'm pretty comfortable with it. I do however wish to up my milage to as high as 7- 10k. Wondering if i should get a new pair, "well cushioned" as they say, or would it be okay to use my Nike 3.0 for that distance as well?

Don't listen to them. I know people who have run marathons in Nike Free 3.0s. I've run them myself in 5.0 and Free Runs.

It all depends on how well your body is adapted to that type of footwear. Your best guide is going to be your body. If you're pushing into longer distances and starting to have problems, then ease up. If your body is fine with going farther with less shoe, let it.

One small word of warning, though: Work into it. In other words, if your longest run in 3.0s has been 5k, don't try to increase the distance to 40k on the first try. Most people get hurt in minimalist footwear by being overeager and doing too much. Let the body adapt, and you'll be fine.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting? Empty Thanks for the reply Mark

Post  ravdeep Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:44 am

Your advice is very helpful.

ravdeep

Back to top Go down

Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting? Empty Re: Nike free's , what distance can they go without hurting?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down