365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Trails for Two

+5
They call me MISTER Fluff
Tim C
Mike MacLellan
Michele "1L" Keane
Julie
9 posters

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40

Go down

Trails for Two - Page 40 Empty Re: Trails for Two

Post  Mark B Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:52 am

Hey-ho. Just wrapped up the antibiotics yesterday and I'M STILL A MUCUS FACTORY. Gaa!

Not as much as before, but sheesh. Cough, hack, gag. Sneeze, drip, glop. 

Can't complain too much. One of my colleagues at work has had this #$%@! thing for 11 weeks. 

Whatever it is, it's nasty. alienalienalien

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:22 pm

Mark B wrote:Hey-ho. Just wrapped up the antibiotics yesterday and I'M STILL A MUCUS FACTORY. Gaa!

Can't complain too much. One of my colleagues at work has had this #$%@! thing for 11 weeks. 

Ugh!  Don't like the sounds of that...not fun at all.

I'm improving...still congested and have a nasty cough but I'm back to running and swimming a bit.  I've heard the cough may last for weeks...

Going to be a rough winter for training at this rate isn't it!

Hope you're feeling at least a bit better.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:48 am

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:Hey-ho. Just wrapped up the antibiotics yesterday and I'M STILL A MUCUS FACTORY. Gaa!

Ugh!  Don't like the sounds of that...not fun at all.

I'm improving...still congested and have a nasty cough but I'm back to running and swimming a bit.  I've heard the cough may last for weeks...

Going to be a rough winter for training at this rate isn't it!

Hope you're feeling at least a bit better.

Getting better, but I'm still dealing with occasional heads full of snot and rubble from this cold that bounces around like pachinko balls in my lungs before I can finally cough it up. It's been nearly a month now, and it's driving me nuts. 

I did manage to get outside for a walk yesterday at lunch, though. I went about a mile and a half at our shiny new waterfront development. I was surprised how even more out of shape I've gotten this past month. It felt longer than 1.5 miles. Sheesh.

It sounds like you may have something similar. So very sorry. Don't push yourself too hard!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:17 pm

I know why I stay away from here sometimes - it's cause I don't want to get the "bugs" you are all passing around out there on the left coast.  Hope you feel better!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:55 pm

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I know why I stay away from here sometimes - it's cause I don't want to get the "bugs" you are all passing around out there on the left coast.  Hope you feel better!
I know what you mean. silent

It's a miracle you and I haven't caught it, since HE'S the ADMIN!
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:07 pm

ounce wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I know why I stay away from here sometimes - it's cause I don't want to get the "bugs" you are all passing around out there on the left coast.  Hope you feel better!

Maybe it was Mark that spread it my way and not the grandkids...after all they didn't get nearly as sick as I did!

Hope Mark is continuing to improve and get out for at least some mid-day walks if running still isn't an option.  It's been wet in Portland and that would be miserable with a cold!!
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Nov 27, 2018 9:24 pm

nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Maybe it was Mark that spread it my way and not the grandkids...after all they didn't get nearly as sick as I did!

Hope Mark is continuing to improve and get out for at least some mid-day walks if running still isn't an option.  It's been wet in Portland and that would be miserable with a cold!!
Maybe he has delegated the mid-day walks to a couple of his minions.  Spreading the bad health.

Oh, Mark, there's a new movie coming out on Valentines Day that you might be interested in...at least maybe photoshopping Alita's photo.

Trails for Two - Page 40 Ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.crownclub.regmovies.com%2Frc%2F0frCkOnxT2-9SWYsIe0dCc7Lthcze0Tu4gdLTaRYNKk.JPG&d=2018-11-28T01%3A20%3A18

Get back to work.  You're not getting paid to realize your own ideas.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:28 am

ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Maybe he has delegated the mid-day walks to a couple of his minions.  Spreading the bad health.

Oh, Mark, there's a new movie coming out on Valentines Day that you might be interested in...at least maybe photoshopping Alita's photo.

Trails for Two - Page 40 Ei?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.crownclub.regmovies.com%2Frc%2F0frCkOnxT2-9SWYsIe0dCc7Lthcze0Tu4gdLTaRYNKk.JPG&d=2018-11-28T01%3A20%3A18

So last weekend, I spent too much time close to a backyard fire and coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. Sleeping was tricky there for a couple of nights, and waking up was worse. Bad words were used. It was so bad that at one point, I felt a huge sneeze coming on and started the aaaaahhHHH air intake portion of the sneeze and went from aaaaaaaahhhhHHHH to AHHHOWWWW! when (it felt like) somebody skewered my side with a spear and the huge sneeze that was coming on... just went away. Like a dandelion in the breeze. Poof. Sneezus interruptus. I don't recommend it.

Still, ibuprofen is my friend, and we've spent some quality time together this week. It's getting a lot better, and the lingering remnants of my disease (now more than a month after getting it) are s-l-o-w-l-y going away. Not gunk free yet, but getting there. 

Whatever this virus was, don't get it. 

I've been totally inactive for the past month, so I feel very bloated and out of shape. Need to work on both of those soon.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Nov 29, 2018 4:01 pm

Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

So last weekend, I spent too much time close to a backyard fire and coughed so hard I pulled a muscle in my rib cage. Sleeping was tricky there for a couple of nights, and waking up was worse. Bad words were used. It was so bad that at one point, I felt a huge sneeze coming on and started the aaaaahhHHH air intake portion of the sneeze and went from aaaaaaaahhhhHHHH to AHHHOWWWW! when (it felt like) somebody skewered my side with a spear and the huge sneeze that was coming on... just went away. Like a dandelion in the breeze. Poof. Sneezus interruptus. I don't recommend it.

Still, ibuprofen is my friend, and we've spent some quality time together this week. It's getting a lot better, and the lingering remnants of my disease (now more than a month after getting it) are s-l-o-w-l-y going away. Not gunk free yet, but getting there. 

I've been totally inactive for the past month, so I feel very bloated and out of shape. Need to work on both of those soon.
 Is the pulled muscle getting better?  Sounds suspiciously like my pneumonia symptoms last winter...just saying.  As long as you've had this crud I wonder...

I guess I got off easy compared to you.  I got sick right after Halloween and other than the cough that's still hanging on I'm pretty much over it.  I can breath most of the time.

It's to cold and wet to run so enjoy some time with the family while you continue to recover.
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Thu Nov 29, 2018 6:05 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:
ounce wrote:
nkrichards wrote:
ounce wrote:

Is the pulled muscle getting better?  Sounds suspiciously like my pneumonia symptoms last winter...just saying.  As long as you've had this crud I wonder...

I guess I got off easy compared to you.  I got sick right after Halloween and other than the cough that's still hanging on I'm pretty much over it.  I can breath most of the time.

It's to cold and wet to run so enjoy some time with the family while you continue to recover.
Nancy, I think Mark is at the age where healing is extended and the phrase 'I can't heal like I used to' is reality.  Hopefully, he's using his AARP card for the various discounts he can get.

I, too, had a pulled muscle or cartilage strain in my rib cage a couple of years ago related to coughing.  I just hope I never get my ribs sawed open for some medical procedure.  1 rib strain is bad enough.

Hang in there, Mark.  You'll get through it.  Running related abnormalities are a couple of years down the road, yet.  Maybe buy some of this stuff that Betty White used in 1954.  She's still alive!
Trails for Two - Page 40 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ17xyXt9VVPMiijOjmzScQTYMmVbcSwMjZKL3HY43xVE4RkpVTbg
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:02 am

The cold is gone! (Well, mostly...) And the ribs have stopped hurting.

But... I tried to break my big toe on a curb on Friday as we were traveling to eastern Washington for a college preview session for Alec. It made walking around campus the next day not the most fun thing I've ever experienced. And my toe is quite colorful. I'll leave it to your imagination.

Good news, though: An X-ray yesterday showed no fracture. Whew. Just a very bruised and battered piggy that went to market. Here's hoping the bruising and swelling goes away soon.

(Public service reminder: This is a good example of why it's not a great idea to wear shoes that are almost too small, with little space between the tip of the toe and the end of the shoe, and shoes with fabric uppers that have little to no toe bumper. I was in testers, and I loved the shoes right up to that moment. Now, I'll at least get 'em a half size larger, and watch where I'm walking.)

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:23 pm

Getting old seems to be Quite b*tch these days!  Take better care of yourself - ok?
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:57 am

Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Getting old seems to be Quite b*tch these days!  Take better care of yourself - ok?

Ha! Thanks, Michele, but I think all this proves is I'm the same old klutz I used to be. 
Well, soft of a klutz. I can scramble up mountains and along cliffsides, but put me in a "normal" environment, and I'm doomed. Doomed, I say! affraid

The toe's getting better every day, and I can *almost* walk without favoring my big toe. Progress!

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 pm

Mark B wrote:
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:Getting old seems to be Quite b*tch these days!  Take better care of yourself - ok?

Ha! Thanks, Michele, but I think all this proves is I'm the same old klutz I used to be. 
Well, soft of a klutz. I can scramble up mountains and along cliffsides, but put me in a "normal" environment, and I'm doomed. Doomed, I say! affraid

The toe's getting better every day, and I can *almost* walk without favoring my big toe. Progress!
LOL  Why am I not surprised?

Hope the toe is continuing to improve.  Am I wrong in assuming that your ultra may be postponed?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:28 am

Toe is continuing to improve, thanks! It's still multicolored and sore, but not nearly as much as it was a week ago, thank goodness. I can pretty much walk normally on it now, though not for great distances. The toenail looks fine, so there's a bullet dodged. Whew!

Ultra? Yeah. Well... we're still talking about Elijah Bristow in June, but we're going to figure out how to get ready for it with our schedules if we have a prayer of making it work.

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 17, 2018 8:56 pm

nkrichards wrote:
Mark B wrote:

LOL  Why am I not surprised?

Hope the toe is continuing to improve.  Am I wrong in assuming that your ultra may be postponed?
You kids are so funny.   Laughing
Mark B wrote:Toe is continuing to improve, thanks! It's still multicolored and sore, but not nearly as much as it was a week ago, thank goodness. I can pretty much walk normally on it now, though not for great distances. The toenail looks fine, so there's a bullet dodged. Whew!

Ultra? Yeah. Well... we're still talking about Elijah Bristow in June, but we're going to figure out how to get ready for it with our schedules if we have a prayer of making it work.
I guess amputation wasn't an option?

I hope you've retained all those anti-bodies.  I hear newsrooms have bugs, listening devices, and REPUBLICANS...even in the Couv!  I hope you stay healthy.  The Cougs are depending on it!

Any new ideas on Anita's increased hearing?

-------

https://i-team.forumotion.com/viewtopic.forum?t=3293
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 40 of 40 Previous  1 ... 21 ... 38, 39, 40