365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Boston in the cards?

+3
Mark B
Michele "1L" Keane
KBFitz
7 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Is Boston in the cards? - Page 3 Empty Re: Is Boston in the cards?

Post  Tim C Sun Apr 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Mike MacLellan wrote:Mom - c'mon, to us Californians, everything on the east coast is the same.  Also, the poor guy is tapering  bounce

Tim - good luck tomorrow!  Represent the OC well.
Thanks Mike.  Really, really excited for tomorrow. There must be 100 people running staying in the same hotel. Pretty fun. 

Borrowed a car from some friends who live near Wellesley today and drove a few miles of the course. Very cool.
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  nkrichards Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:07 am

Nice finish on a warm day Tim.  Hope you enjoyed the experience!

Enjoy the rest of your Boston visit and recover well. 

Any thoughts about your future running goals?
nkrichards
nkrichards
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim C Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:58 am

nkrichards wrote:Nice finish on a warm day Tim.  Hope you enjoyed the experience!

Enjoy the rest of your Boston visit and recover well. 

Any thoughts about your future running goals?

Thanks Nancy. I fully expected a faster time but also knew I did not have nearly enough miles under my belt to run well. When the legs feel heavy 10 miles in you know it's gonna be a long day.

Amazing experience and I'm ok with my time. By far my slowest marathon but it was warm and I found the course tougher than expected. I am proof positive that a few 30-35 mile weeks is not nearly enough. 

I have many fond memories of the week and the race and am so happy I did it. Likely the only time I will do it so all the more special. 

No idea what lies ahead running- wise but most likely I've run my last full marathon. Not a bad one to go out on though!
Tim C
Tim C
Regular
Regular

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Tue Apr 18, 2017 7:37 pm

Congratulations, Tim. You had some challenging conditions on a couple of different levels, and you got it done!

Looking forward to seeing your race report on this.  Very Happy

Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3