365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The "In Between"

+11
JohnP
Seth Harrison
nkrichards
Jerry
John Kilpatrick
Michele "1L" Keane
Dave P
Julie
ounce
Mark B
Nick Morris
15 posters

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down

The "In Between" - Page 2 Empty Re: The "In Between"

Post  Nick Morris Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:39 pm

Dave P wrote:Not sure what was going on in this blog, but stopping by to say hi Nick.
Hi Dave.  Thanks for checking in.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:47 pm

OK...so a real post to this blog (sorry Mark and Ounce).  This past weekend, we made the god awful 54 1/2 hour trek up north to Minneapolis to watch my Wisconsin Badgers beat up on the Minnesota Ground Squirrels.  It was extremely frigid with wind chills in the lower single digits to negative degrees.  We survived though and the Badgers won handily.  Sunday, we made the reverse drive south.  We didn't get home until 4pm and I was exhausted from the weekend.  So, no running on Sunday.

I finally got in a pre-Thanksgiving day run this afternoon at the gym.  Just an easy three miles.  The first two were completed at a 7:40 pace.  The final mile I had decided to change it up and did some mini intervals.  The track is 1/9 of a mile so I sprinted a lap and then jogged a lap to recover before sprinting the next lap.  I did this for the entire mile.  A fun and somewhat challenging mile that helped change things up.  I will take at least Thanksgiving off, but would like to get in a few mid range runs on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Turkey Day!!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:43 am

I made it back home on Saturday afternoon from my Thanksgiving visit to my parent's house.  Unfortunately I came back with a bug or something.  So, I waited until yesterday morning to head out for a run.  Things felt pretty good for the first three miles, but after that, I got the congestion in my chest and started feeling a little dizzy every now and then.  I did manage to make it through the 6.75 miles, but felt like hell afterwards.  For most of the rest of the day, I was in bed or on the couch. Sad

This morning I almost didn't go into work, but I decided to give it a try.  Hopefully I start feeling better as the day goes on.  That way I can go to the gym for some quick weight training, before going home to cook a birthday dinner for the lady friend.

(my fingers are crossed)
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:56 am

Feel better soon! 54 1/2 hr trip?? Wink
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Dec 03, 2013 4:05 pm

Julie wrote:Feel better soon! 54 1/2 hr trip?? Wink
Thanks Julie...

Feeling a little better today, but just not right yet.  Some kind of bug...Hoping to feel good enough to get a short run in tomorrow.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Tue Dec 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Julie wrote:Feel better soon! 54 1/2 hr trip?? Wink
Horse and buggy, but with a heater! Approval
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Dec 04, 2013 5:25 pm

I was hoping to get in a run today, but I am still feeling like ass...I'll try again tomorrow Sad
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Mark B Wed Dec 04, 2013 11:26 pm

Don't worry about it. Your body will be ready to run when it's ready.

You can rest on your laurels for a bit after your last race. Just try to not sit on your Kleenex® box.
Mark B
Mark B
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:15 pm

Mark B wrote:Don't worry about it. Your body will be ready to run when it's ready.

You can rest on your laurels for a bit after your last race. Just try to not sit on your Kleenex® box.
Way to get the registered trademark in there... Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:19 pm

I felt much better today.  The best that I have felt all week.  Just a little bit of coughing and not as much green stuff (I know).  So I went to the gym looking to get in some easy miles...and that is exactly what I did.  3 easy miles at about a 7:45 pace.  The first time I ran since Sunday morning.  It's also probably the last time that I will run before Monday, as tomorrow afternoon I fly out to Las Vegas.  It's my celebratory weekend trip Smile  Of course, I have to pick the weekend in the desert when it is going to be a balmy 45 degrees!!!  Oh well, it is better than the 16 degree weather that I will be leaving.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Dave P Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:24 pm

Nothing like those first runs after having been sick.
Dave P
Dave P
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:19 pm

Boy...that was a cluster of a trip home!!!  Sunday night I got a call stating that my early flight on Monday morning had been canceled and rescheduled for 2:55 pm.  Bad news, I was getting home late and had to go through Chicago instead of Denver like I wanted...But the good news was that I got to sleep in and get a little extra time in Vegas.  Getting home late on Monday also meant that I wasn't going to be able to go for a run like I wanted to.  The flight got into Chicago as planned, but then my flight to Madison ended up getting canceled.  There goes all of Monday and Tuesday, as the earliest flight I could get on was 11:58 am on Tuesday.  United put us up in a hotel for the night and gave us a couple of food vouchers.  After a little delay, we finally made it back to Madison a little before 2 pm. 

Finally, today I will be able to get a run in.  Albeit at the gym on the track, but the alternative kinda sucks.  That being cold windchill and snowy sidewalks. I am looking forward to it...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed Dec 11, 2013 3:38 pm

Like I said, it appeared as if Cleveland was the only place on Monday without delays.  No snow here, just lots of cold.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:21 pm

And it's not even winter, yet.
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Dec 11, 2013 4:25 pm

ounce wrote:And it's not even winter, yet.

No shit!!!  My trip to the Dominican Republic next month can't come fast enough!!!
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Wed Dec 11, 2013 9:11 pm

I got in a good three miles on the track at the gym this evening.  Felt good to get the miles in, even though I was indoors.  With temps approaching zero degrees, I think that I will stick with the indoor track.  Got in the miles at around a 7:40 pace.  I plan to put on some miles outside this weekend.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:45 am

Yesterday morning I finally got in the run I was looking for. 10.5 miles...it was cold and snowing. Really a typical winter run. There was a light dusting on the ground, so footing was a little tough and definitely slowed the pace down. I finished the run at an average pace of 7:59. The final mile and a half was at 7:40...a nice and easy run...

I am heading out soon for an 8 miler, and it is definitely colder than yesterday. The windchill is sitting at a whopping 0 degrees!! Time to bundle up!...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:52 pm

Brrr...that was a cold run. Equipped with an extra top layer and my balaclava, I headed out for my eight miles. My hips were a little tight this morning, I think due to poor footing in the snow yesterday. So, I decided to take it easy with this run. I plodded along for a bitter cold 8.10 miles at an 8:10 pace. A good weekend that saw nearly 19 miles be completed. Running is fun...sometimes Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sun Dec 15, 2013 4:42 pm

I'm betting you have basically the same conditions as we do.  Slogging through the snow, ice and slush - oh what fun.  Just couldn't run on the mill again.  Good work, Nick.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  ounce Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Nick Morris wrote:I got in a good three miles on the track at the gym this evening.  Felt good to get the miles in, even though I was indoors.  With temps approaching zero degrees, I think that I will stick with the indoor track.  Got in the miles at around a 7:40 pace.  I plan to put on some miles outside this weekend.
What sized track on which you run and are inside tracks pretty common up there, especially for the winter?
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm betting you have basically the same conditions as we do.  Slogging through the snow, ice and slush - oh what fun.  Just couldn't run on the mill again.  Good work, Nick.

It's supposed to be 78 on Friday, down here. Twisted Evil 
ounce
ounce
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:01 pm

ounce wrote:
Nick Morris wrote:I got in a good three miles on the track at the gym this evening.  Felt good to get the miles in, even though I was indoors.  With temps approaching zero degrees, I think that I will stick with the indoor track.  Got in the miles at around a 7:40 pace.  I plan to put on some miles outside this weekend.
What sized track on which you run and are inside tracks pretty common up there, especially for the winter?
Michele \"1L" Keane wrote:I'm betting you have basically the same conditions as we do.  Slogging through the snow, ice and slush - oh what fun.  Just couldn't run on the mill again.  Good work, Nick.

It's supposed to be 78 on Friday, down here. Twisted Evil 

First off...you suck!!! The only thing getting me through right now is that in a month, I will be in the Dominican Republic!!

The track that I run on is 1/9 of a mile in the outside lane. There really are not that many places in Madison that have an indoor track. My gym and the University of Wisconsin are the only two that I can think of. The UW's is much larger than my gym's track (as it should be), because they host NCAA indoor track and filed events.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:03 pm

ounce wrote:

When I lived farther up north (shudder), the YMCA that I was a part of had a 1/12 mile track with banked corners. That was not fun...
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:16 pm

Also, guess who is sick again...THIS GUY...

This has been the worst late fall/winter season for me in a long time. At least this time it is just a head cold and I am still able to run/function at somewhat normal capacity.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:06 pm

That describes the indoor track that I have easy access to.  Unfortunately, I can't use the one at Baldwin Wallace, but I can use the one at Kent, but it is an hour drive which right now is not necessary.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

Back to top Go down

Post  John Kilpatrick Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:52 am

Running below 30 sucks - I try not too.  Of course, it rarely gets that cold here - I have actually had to defrost my car windows the last couple of days - of course it is around 65-70 in the afternoons Smile

John Kilpatrick
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 11 Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum