365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Doggie Running Shoes

4 posters

Go down

Doggie Running Shoes Empty Doggie Running Shoes

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:20 am

I forgot to mention this in my blog post on Sunday, but during my long run on Sunday I saw a lady running with a dog.  The weird part was that the dog had shoes on.  This is the second time in the last three years that I have seen a dog wearing running shoes. Has anyone ever seen a dog with running shoes or have running shoes for their dog?

Doggie Running Shoes Weimaraner-running
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Doggie Running Shoes Empty Re: Doggie Running Shoes

Post  Chris M Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:04 am

Not only have I seen it, I recently purchased similar shoes (they are really more like socks) for my own 3-year old Golden Retriever, Juliet.  I've been taking her out for 60 or so minute trail runs and a couple of times the rocks have completely torn up the pads on her paws.  She'll finish the run and there's open cuts on her pads and it takes days for those to fully heal.  I'm sure if we went way more often, she would build up tougher pads and be fine but to avoid her having to limp around with tender paws, you slip these sock things on and she's good to go on hot pavement or rocks.  She's not a fan of them yet and will try and chew them off when she stops but when she's actually running, they don't seem to bother her at all.
Chris M
Chris M
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:44 pm

Chris M wrote:Not only have I seen it, I recently purchased similar shoes (they are really more like socks) for my own 3-year old Golden Retriever, Juliet.  I've been taking her out for 60 or so minute trail runs and a couple of times the rocks have completely torn up the pads on her paws.  She'll finish the run and there's open cuts on her pads and it takes days for those to fully heal.  I'm sure if we went way more often, she would build up tougher pads and be fine but to avoid her having to limp around with tender paws, you slip these sock things on and she's good to go on hot pavement or rocks.  She's not a fan of them yet and will try and chew them off when she stops but when she's actually running, they don't seem to bother her at all.

I think that they are a great idea and help keep the dog safe.  It's just not something that I see everyday Smile
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Jim Lentz Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:32 am

They have something like that for sled dogs.
Jim Lentz
Jim Lentz
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:28 pm

Love it, but how would McDougall take this? Now we are going to see more dogs with tons of running injuries! Hope these are zero drop models! LOL
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down