365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald

2 posters

Go down

Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald Empty Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald

Post  Stephanie Wed May 29, 2013 12:26 pm

I am looking to get a custom training plan made for me for this upcoming year and am torn over who to go with. Does anyone have any experience or knowledge about Alan Culpepper's approach versus Jason Fitzgerald of Strength Running? It seems Jason Fitzgerald is more focused on injury prevention and plans for the injury-prone, which is right up my alley but it's tempting to go with Alan Culpepper as a friend of mine is thriving on a plan he developed (although my friend is a high-mileage verging on elite runner which is the exact opposite of me). I will be focusing on halfs this year.

I still consider myself relatively new to running, only been back consistently for 2 years now and am definitely not a high mileage runner but novice plans aren't cutting it for me anymore. When I try to modify or ramp up training on my own, I get myself into trouble. So if anyone is familiar with either of these coaches I would love to hear your thoughts! I have had a few emails back & forth with both coaches and both are receptive to developing a plan for me so at least I'm not too slow or novice for them, which is a good start. Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Stephanie on Wed May 29, 2013 12:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald Empty Re: Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Wed May 29, 2013 12:30 pm

I have no experience with those plans, but I do have experience with plans from Greg McMillan and his staff at Mcmillanrunning.com.

Others around here are having good success with plans from the Hanson's book.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald Empty Re: Custom Training Plans - Culpepper vs. Fitzgerald

Post  Stephanie Wed May 29, 2013 12:32 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I have no experience with those plans, but I do have experience with plans from Greg McMillan and his staff at Mcmillanrunning.com.

Others around here are having good success with plans from the Hanson's book.
I should mention I am scaling back and targeting half marathons this year. Do you know off-hand if Hanson's book has half marathon plans?
Stephanie
Stephanie
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down