365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burning 'spot'

2 posters

Go down

Burning 'spot'  Empty Burning 'spot'

Post  dot520 Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:05 am

Okay, here's something that I think is odd and I don't believe is plantar fasciaitis. It's a small spot on the bottom of my heel (flat part) that only burns when I'm not running. Comes and goes but seems to be more and more constant. At times it radiates up into the inner ankle area, not behind the ankle. Just burning, no other pain. I can poke at it and there isn't any muscle type pain at all. This seems like a nerve issue.

About six months ago, I was having a similar on again, off again toothache feel along my inner lower leg from the inner ankle up about 6 inches. This is gone now, replaced with the burning spot. Not sure if they're related. I'm about ready to address this with my sports doc, but thought I'd throw it out there to the community.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Burning 'spot'  Empty Re: Burning 'spot'

Post  carleenp Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:39 am

I was getting a weird burning and tightening sensation over an area where I previously had a fibular stress fracture. For me I would only get it early in a run and then it would go away and I would not get it any other time. The theory was that it was adhesions or scar tissue trapping fluid and compressing on a nerve. I had constant slight swelling in the area too. I am getting Graston done on the area now and it is working rather well. Maybe you have something similar? My PT said the burning sensation was common with nerve irritation.
carleenp
carleenp
Regular
Regular

http://beautyandfashiontech.com

Back to top Go down