365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

18 mile LBI Race - Training Run

3 posters

Go down

18 mile LBI Race - Training Run Empty 18 mile LBI Race - Training Run

Post  Kenny B. Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:27 pm

Sunday I used this race as a training 18 w/10@MP.

Woke up at 6:00am got there after getting lost around 8:30 headed to shuttle and start line by 9:30 and hung out until 10:30 start time. Did not get home until 3:00pm.

Weather: Was cool 50's, rainy, and a headwind that was noticeable but not overally taxing (headwind the whole 18 miles).

Details:
I started dead last on purpose. Figure to keep it fun and interesting I'd see how many people I can pass.

Mile 1-10 was non eventful had some fun out there going a bit faster than usual around 8:10 pace.

Mile 10 - 18 I kicked it in gear and was not sure how 7:23 would feel but I ended up running splits of around 7:17 consistently practicing my fluid intake. All worked out very well.

Results : Out of 900 people or so I came in around 96.

Pain: My nipples were bloody despite using New Skin (with rain I need to tape those bad boys up

chaffing under my arms was torturous when I got home to shower. I left my body glide at home.

Lastly, My toenail on my right foot was hurting during the run. I guess my foot grew or something but what's odd is the same shoe in another color causes me no issues. This shoe (bright yellow) lately has been causing issues to my toenail.

All said and done it was a successful training run. A bit beat up.

Next up is 10k race in Brooklyn this Saturday.

Last edited by Kenny B. on Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

18 mile LBI Race - Training Run Empty Re: 18 mile LBI Race - Training Run

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:36 pm

Fun, Kenny. Nice race! Sorry about the chafing issues - ouch!
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  amyjoann Mon Oct 08, 2012 2:51 pm

great job! You almost passed the entire field wow! I think that was a good strategy for you,kept you out of volunteering passing out water.Vaseline works fine for chaffing issues also good to put on as a protetective barrier in shower.Very Happy
amyjoann
amyjoann
Poster
Poster

Back to top Go down

Post  Kenny B. Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:12 pm

amyjoann wrote:great job! You almost passed the entire field wow! I think that was a good strategy for you,kept you out of volunteering passing out water.Vaseline works fine for chaffing issues also good to put on as a protetective barrier in shower.Very Happy

Good to know thanks. Not sure I will use that strategy in Philly. But maybe!
Kenny B.
Kenny B.
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

http://www.365Competitors.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down