365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

365Runners
Welcome to 365Runners! We are here because we all share a running addiction. Whether training for a first marathon, a new PR, a new race distance, or anything else... welcome!

To stop the banner ads, please register and login. Otherwise, please enjoy browsing as a guest.
365Runners
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear?

+5
Julie
JohnP
Bob
Schuey
fostever
9 posters

Go down

Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear? Empty Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear?

Post  fostever Fri Oct 05, 2012 5:25 pm

Predicted start temperature 36F then by noon 49F and mostly sunny. What will you wear during the race or what works for you in these conditions?
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear? Empty Re: Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear?

Post  Schuey Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:02 pm

shorts, singlet, gloves, arm warmers and throw away hat.
Schuey
Schuey
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear? Empty Re: Chicago Runners: Watcha gonna wear?

Post  Bob Fri Oct 05, 2012 7:10 pm

I'll be wearing my bright orange Boston coat and will be @ the mile 2 marker on the runners left, just before you turn right, and again at the 13 mile mark just as you cross the bridge over the river on the left hand side.

Please come by and say hello!
Bob
Bob
Lord Bobby
Lord Bobby

Back to top Go down

Post  JohnP Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:29 pm

Ditto to what Schuey said. Although the singlet will be short -sleeved for me. As good as the temps are, the full sun predicted will make the second half seem a little warmer so that's what I'm dressing for.
JohnP
JohnP
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Julie Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:07 am

I'm not running Chicago but when I've run in those conditions I've worn shorts, short sleeved technical shirt, long sleeved throwaway/drop off shirt. I typically wear sleeveless shirts but if it's in the 30s I'd probably go for short sleeves. I wore socks on my hands once for the first few miles which I guess is the equivalent of throwaway gloves.
Julie
Julie
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Michele "1L" Keane Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:50 pm

I would be wearing shorts, singlet, arm warmers, gloves and a ball cap. I might also wear compression socks.
Michele
Michele "1L" Keane
Needs A Life
Needs A Life

http://1lranthere.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  dot520 Sat Oct 06, 2012 2:18 pm

Being out there for a while, I'll wear shorts and long sleeves that can be pulled up. The wind is what gets to me first thing. I'll probably regret the long sleeves but not until the very end.
dot520
dot520
Top 10 Poster Emeritus
Top 10 Poster Emeritus

Back to top Go down

Post  mul21 Sat Oct 06, 2012 3:10 pm

Michele "1L" Keane wrote:I would be wearing shorts, singlet, arm warmers, gloves and a ball cap. I might also wear compression socks.

This, minus the compression socks, is exactly what I'll be wearing tomorrow for a half I'm running and what I'd be wearing if I was in Chicago.
mul21
mul21
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  fostever Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:25 am

thanks, long sleeve tech shirt singlet over compression shorts under regular shorts, dang i forgot to put on my calf sleeves, maybe later. good run to you all and all out! see ya there! friends!
fostever
fostever
Explaining To Spouse
Explaining To Spouse

Back to top Go down

Post  Nick Morris Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:37 am

It was 32 degrees at the start when I ran it in 2009. I went with a normal singlet and shorts. I did wear gloves that I tossed at about mile 7. Didn't really sweat or feel cold until after the race.
Nick Morris
Nick Morris
Talking To Myself
Talking To Myself

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down